3 KANYE WEST
4 SCOTT STORCH
5 WILL.I.AM
6 JONATHAN “LIL JON” SMITH
7 STARGATE
8 BRYAN-MICHAEL COX
9 JERMAINE DUPRI
10 DR. LUKE

Most of the decade-end music tallies in this special online section represent aggregated sales or radio airplay (audience impressions or total plays) for each artist and title from the weekly charts on which they appeared from the start of the 2000 chart year (Dec. 4, 1999 charts) though the end of the 2009 chart year (Nov. 28, 2009 charts).

The sales totals are based on data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan, with radio airplay measured by Nielsen BDS.

Some people in other online posts were bitchin' that Dr Dre is not on there, but looking at the criteria I can understand why he's not on there.

I would have thought Timbaland would be number one, but I think the Neptunes took it due their volume of work across different genres of music which ended up on the charts, especially from the early to the mid 2000's.

What y'all think?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Whos Dr Luke?

Lol @ Lil Jon makn the list
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Whos Dr Luke?

Lol @ Lil Jon makn the list

He is a producer/songwriter who has written and/or produced for Ciara, Paris Hilton, Jibbs, Lady Sovereign, Kelis, Leona Lewis, Missy Elliott, Pink, Lil' Mama, the Backstreet Boys, Daughtry, The Veronicas, Carlos Santana, Three 6 Mafia, Vanessa Hudgens, and the Sugababes etc.

Remember this list is not a Hiphop list, it's producers across all genres, and clearly Hiphop/R-n-B producers dominated in the last decade.

I was surprised about Lil Jon too.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
f*** billboard nd they whack a** production line......check this out:
10 | Rick Rubin

09 | Timbaland

08 | Kanye West

07 | The Bomb Squad

06 | Marley Marl

05 | Large Professor

04 | RZA

02 | Dr. Dre

02 | Pete Rock

01 | DJ PREMIER

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top50Producers_8.htm

sorry to derail ya thread but hey man, I AM HIP HOP, and these are fitting to be on the top10 list of all time. not takin away how they came about in getting to their top 10.1
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Is Timbaland better that Erick Sermon on the boards?
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Is Timbaland better that Erick Sermon on the boards?

hard to compare. They dont cater 4 the same crowd. Timbo is as cross-over as u can get these days. Very diverse resume...
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
1 THE NEPTUNES
2 TIMBALAND
3 KANYE WEST
4 SCOTT STORCH
5 WILL.I.AM
7 STARGATE
8 BRYAN-MICHAEL COX
9 JERMAINE DUPRI
10 DR. LUKE

Gemini's Producers Of the Decade (2000-2009)

Timbaland

His musical progression is more like a mutation. No other beatmaker has reinvented their sound as many times and with as much radical transformations as Timbaland. What makes him so brilliant though is that he never isolates or alienates his fans. Infact they just keep growing. He killed everyone on every level. Technique, style and musicallity. He's in a league of his own. His panchent for mixing quirky, spaced out sounds and synthesizers with thumping drums that explode on speakers is something to marvel.

Dr. Dre

While he may not have dominated like he did in the 90s, Andre Young still kept it banging for a good part of the decade. His beats have a sharp, consistent focus thats second to none. His drums are loud, crisp and imposing. His melodies are magical to say the least. "In Da Club" is an example af Dre's genius knack for making a hardcore jam with pop magic. Plus he's never really missed, his consistency is admired by most hot shot beat makers.

The Neptunes

Lets face it, The Neptunes are masters at their craft. Like Timbo and Dre they use synthesizers, hyper realistic effects and thick drums to keep heads and speakers knocking while booties shake to their rediculously rhythmic drum patterns. Thier music can sometimes ooze redundence but when they hit its awesome. Which usually happens when they emrace thier nerdy panchant for funny sounds. Plus they're probably the only other producers this side of DJ Premier to have worked with...well everybody.

Kanye West

The New Pete Rock? Nope. This kid is in a league of his own. Haters tried to hate but he just got better and better and by the end of the decade everybody gave him his due props. He just does his thing without sticking to one sound for too long. He slaughters samples. Dominates with his drum patterns and he's actually quite a dope rapper too. So why ain't he on top? coz he ain't no Timbo....yet.

El-Producto

While everyone else cleaned up their act and polished their kicks. El-P remainded grimy. He's like The Bomb Squad, Marley Marl and some obscure techno DJ who listened to too much Wu Tang and EPMD rolled into a beat making bulldozer. El-P has carved quite a little niche for himself. Oh he's white too, which kills me coz his beats are so gawd damn funky. El-P took off where RZA fell and re-invented the underground sound into a rusty screw driver infected with murk and disease but it sounds so good.

Jay Dee/Jay Dilla/ Dilla

He may not have dumped out as many joints as the Neptunes or Kanye but his presents was felt regardless. His somewhat awkward yet funky soundscapes captured the hearts of many a back packer and rap nerd including myself. His inventive use of samples made mad producers rush to their boards and play with his techniques. But try as they might have they soon realised there can only be one Dilla. He long surpa**ed his partners in The Ummah as an exceptional beat maker and has become somewhat of an underground legend. Rest In Peace you will be sorely missed.

Lil Jon

Any hiphop purist who's ear is worth something knows that Lil Jon makes phat beats. Always with an element of danger his use of 808's with everything from rock guitars to samples to techno lead synthesizers is pure head banger bliss. Fans of NWA and early Westcoast hiphop rejoiced to the grimy, loud thumpers Lil Jon banged out for The Eastside Boys. While girls danced to the wild, tear the club down antics he crafted for the likes of Usher. Oh his adlibs also added to the dopeness. This dude is here to stay so get bused to him.

Scott Storch

The Funky white boy pianist once used to play riffs for the likes of the Roots and a certain west coast Dr. Since then he broke out on his and he's made us lean back while pushing our lighters up taking girls to the Candy Shop and making it Rain. He makes beats with the catchiest melodies this side of Dr Dre with drum patterns that'll make Pharrel run back to his studio. His melodies are cla**ical like his training and always have a somewhat complex, hyper dynamic rhythmic mysticism about them.

Swizz Beats

This decade will go down as the decade of Sci-Fi beats and none freaked em quite like Swizzy. He makes the clubs jump with his unusual brand of funk backed by Rowdy chants and wierd sound efx. You gotta hand it to him he does know how to spin a hot clib banger, its his thing for real so give it up once again for Swizzy.

Mad Lib

Madlib really came into his own during the course of the Decade. Quasomoto's sophomore album made many a listener go ape shit and his guest spots bobbed many a head's necks into a cramped submissiom. Dilla's influence made him a master of quirk. He's fresh, inventive and somehow understated. Mostly underrated, He seems to be making strides into the main stream through the likes of Ghostface and Erykah Badu. If there's any producer who could fill Dilla's gap, Madlib is the one.

Will. I. Am

Honestly, I don't really like his beats...before and after he sold out. But I have to give it up, he's doing his thing. After being virtually ignored in the 90's, Lil' Big Willie decided, "f*** it I'ma go pop and make these enz." And by the end of 2003 he realised his goals thanks to the brilliant move of adding a girl to the already We are The world stylings of the BEP. To me he's the new Wyclef, the producer who you love to hate but have to respect.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:29:59 AM by Gemini aka Gembot »

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
1 THE NEPTUNES
2 TIMBALAND
3 KANYE WEST
4 SCOTT STORCH
5 WILL.I.AM
7 STARGATE
8 BRYAN-MICHAEL COX
9 JERMAINE DUPRI
10 DR. LUKE

Most of the decade-end music tallies in this special online section represent aggregated sales or radio airplay (audience impressions or total plays) for each artist and title from the weekly charts on which they appeared from the start of the 2000 chart year (Dec. 4, 1999 charts) though the end of the 2009 chart year (Nov. 28, 2009 charts).

The sales totals are based on data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan, with radio airplay measured by Nielsen BDS.

Some people in other online posts were bitchin' that Dr Dre is not on there, but looking at the criteria I can understand why he's not on there.

I would have thought Timbaland would be number one, but I think the Neptunes took it due their volume of work across different genres of music which ended up on the charts, especially from the early to the mid 2000's.

What y'all think?

I would have expected Swizz Beats to be in this list?

Gemini - what you think of Just Blaze and HI Tek?

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
f*** billboard nd they whack a** production line......check this out:
10 |Rick Rubin

07 |The Bomb Squad

06 | Marley Marl

05 | Large Professor

04 | RZA

02 | Pete Rock

01 | DJ PREMIER

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top50Producers_8.htm

sorry to derail ya thread but hey man, I AM HIP HOP, and these are fitting to be on the top10 list of all time. not takin away how they came about in getting to their top 10.1

What have they really done lately?
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
@Killa Merc
Just Blaze - Very dope, hard, solid beats. He's a genius with samples. For me he's the new Pete Rock. They have similar styles in that they both like to use bright samples with body under some hard, warm drums.

Hitek - Also dope, I dig his style alot. The only reason they're not in my top 10, even though they make better beats than 4 of the nigga on my list is volume. The other guys put out a high output of work and still maintain their consistency to considerable lengths.