Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Discrimination

Tonnes · 37 · 22807

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
its like a white person calling u Darkie.

isnt that also depended on context? regardless of which race the person saying is coming from?

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
eish RR. of course dude! in essence, everything can be put down to context. u're taking the fun out of this now for real! nigger/nigga, kafir, coolie, bushman, redneck, mnyamana(how did u let this one go??) etc can all be made to sound cool dependant on the context.

the point of this was to highlight names that are used to offend people or discriminate against them. not how those words are used.

i could even call u 'nja ndini' but in a manner u'd perceive as bigging u up! what would be the point of this thread?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:39:27 PM by Koli qha »
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
eish RR. of course dude! in essence, everything can be put down to context. u're taking the fun out of this now for real! nigger/nigga, kafir, coolie, bushman, redneck, mnyamana(how did u let this one go??) etc can all be made to sound cool dependant on the context.

the point of this was to highlight names that are used to offend people or discriminate against them. not how those words are used.

i could even call u 'nja ndini' but in a manner u'd perceive as bigging u up! what would be the point of this thread?

lol. true bra. i realise it now that you've pointed it out. i dont know how i started missing the point.

sorry for dragging the point out of context  ;D

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Hosh naaiers.

wat does this mean? particularly 'hosh' coz i think i understand 'naaiers'
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Hosh naaiers.

wat does this mean? particularly 'hosh' coz i think i understand 'naaiers'
Zizinto zamaqheya nabantu abangenangqondo maan ezi, suzihoya kakhulu... :D
Real Recognise Real

DarkBlood

Hahahahahahahahaha iqheya Hahahahahahahahaha Lmao! I'm sorry but that was hilarious Lmao. People in the hood still call ama-coloured amaqheya. There's people in the hood with names like Lawukazi, Qheyana, or Nomakula a.k.a Khuli roberts. I didn't even know that ikula is a terrible word to use because that's what we call indians.

I know what you mean Uyanda. I only realised about 2 years ago that 'lekhula' is actually inflammatory but to be honest, that's what I've always referred to Indian people as. It only occured to me when chatting to a colleague who explained 'coolie' to me and it all connected like dots. Since then, I stopped using it but now I don't know what word we use for Indian people. 'leIndian' just sounds so not Sotho but I use it.

The funny thing is, I don't think he have an equivalent for these words for white people. 'Cracker', 'honkey' and the rest of them just don't QUITE reach the same pitch as being outright called 'vokken k******!'