khoi · 27 · 3534

khoi

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://The Kraal
New York has spoken....

Nas rules New York in new rap contenders poll
Rapper NAS has been crowned the new king of New York in an XXL magazine poll to find the successor to Notorious B.I.G. and Run DMC´s legacy.

The "Made You Look" hit maker has unexpectedly beaten 50 Cent and Jadakiss in the new list of contenders.

The top 10 is:
1. Nas
2. 50 Cent
3. Jadakiss
4. Ghostface Killah
5. Cam´ron
6. Fabolous
7. Shyne
8. Fat Joe
9. Lloyd Banks
10. Mos Def
:-o  :-o  :-o  

what are your thoughts on this?
wabulawayo Kraal we kill - only time will reveal

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
5vyftig sent, fabolous, shyne, vet joos and all these other idiots all rated better than Mos?

What´s happening in New York? They might ousell him, but is that what an mc is rated on nowadays. They have better marketing strategies and shit like that, but that does not a king make.

Or does it?

The only other folks beside Mos, that even belong on that list is Nas and Ghostface.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Theres a lot that wrong with this list but the thing that stands out Most is that a certain Mr S. Carter aint even on it.
"I´m from a place where niggas argue all day about who´s the best emcee, Biggie, Jay Z & Nas" ...
Who the F*** is Lloyd Banks?- He shouldnt even be on top 100! Let alone top 10
Where is Kweli?
Whats the criteria of this poll obviously the maggots at XXL got it twisted.
At least they got #1 right!

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

30-03-2004 at 02:33, Sensai_Tate :
Theres a lot that wrong with this list but the thing that stands out Most is that a certain Mr S. Carter aint even on it.

Sensai never, i mean never mention Mr. Carter when we talking bout top 10s in these forums, these cats will butcher you :-]...

Anonymous

ha de khoi but you know the concept just as well as i do.f*** GAY Z!!!(jus playin)

Anonymous

that was the afronaut and he does not at all try to reressurect those f***ing backpacker vs commercial argument his opinion tho, he still holds close

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Why you fronting on Hov is that necessary?...
I am tired of so-called Backpacker fronting like they dont respect JAY Z. The man is witty as hell and can hold his own with some of yall´s favorite backpack emcees. (REF: Get By Remix with Mos & Kweli, Brooklyn´s Finest with B.I.G etc). There can be no denying the impact Jay has had on Hip Hop culture especially in NY (good or bad) so why not include him in the top 10?
If anyone on these forums wants to bring it on a Jay Z aint shit arguement I urge you to BRING IT. I WILL NOT LOSE!

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
nah Afronaut you know i´m just f***ing around with all my backpaker cats in here, about that f*** Gay Z note you left there... ill let Hova speak for himself

"Ya niggas can´t be serious right now
I´m the all time heavy weight champion of flowers
I´m leading the league in at least six statistical categories right now
Best flow, Most consistent, Realest stories
Most charisma, I set the most trends
And my interviews are hotter
Holla

;-)

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Damn right with that quote Khoi.
I don´t understand the haters. It´s more like to be in the it group (the so-called backpackers) there is a list of rappers that you are required to state that they are wack. Jay-Z happens to be one of those. But come with concrete evidence to support this. Zip. Nada. F43k. For someone who was told over and over, label after label, that he could´nt make it
To launching and building a career where he has had to answer to noone, dropping what he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Making even these so-called backpackers move to his sh*^. I don´t care who you are, R&B shorty, hardcore street grimy cat, poerty cat, soulful one, I´m for the headz type, everyone can say "I don´t like Jay-Z but there´s that one nice verse he did......."

Critics criticize me but they all yell holla (Moment of Clarity)

Truthfully I wanna ryme like Common Sense, but I did 5mill, I ain´t been rhyming like Common since, when your sense don´t make no dollars, And you´ve been hustling  since, Fu@k perception go with what it is that makes sense. (Moment of Clarity)
And noone has brought so much variety of flows (from diamonds to how wack it felt Selling crack to Opium, in 3rd person, I don´t want to see ´em.
Look it would be very ridicilous for me to try and explin the HIPHOP event that was Sean Carter. From Reasonable doubt niggaz come on!?! Have these haters even heard Jigga on the freestyle tip. OH my flippin´ word. Get the F%$K outta hear the man is cookoo bananas man.
Who´s the nicest, life or lifeless on these mic devices
I ain´t gotta rap, to push the maybach out the Garage, Rap´s my hobby, spending money is my job, I´m a cashcow nigga, ´bout to drop the Black Album and back out
NowI´m mad let me just jupm of this and get on with my business. I ain´t got listen to cats talking about Jay-Z is wack, Eminen is wack, 50cent is wack, Lloyd Banks is wack (Yeah Sensai I got you on my radar)..ALl these peeps are people that walked the walk in HIPHOP. I´m talking about grinding for yourself on the underground. Getting that core respect and breaking through to bringing hiphop to those that would´nt necessarily pay attention to hiphop. Is that not the goal. To convert the world to hiphop. And Please I dropped 50cent in there don´t nobody even start before they do they´re homework. Please PLease PLease. Saying he´s wack is so tired. It´s clear you never knew the nigga before IN DA CLUB or HOW TO ROB. Anyway. What am I doing?
Check out the Sick With The Flow Mixtape-Now that´s the Sh$T
One

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote:

TNG :Lloyd Banks is wack (Yeah Sensai I got you on my radar)..One

Oh no you didnt try call my name out on these forums?...

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

30-03-2004 at 01:55, khoi :
New York has spoken....

Nas rules New York in new rap contenders poll
Rapper NAS has been crowned the new king of New York in an XXL magazine poll to find the successor to Notorious B.I.G. and Run DMC´s legacy.

The "Made You Look" hit maker has unexpectedly beaten 50 Cent and Jadakiss in the new list of contenders.

The top 10 is:
1. Nas
2. 50 Cent
3. Jadakiss
4. Ghostface Killah
5. Cam´ron
6. Fabolous
7. Shyne
8. Fat Joe
9. Lloyd Banks
10. Mos Def
:-o  :-o  :-o  

what are your thoughts on this?

why is that when Jigga and Top 10 is mentioned in the same sentence cats, get all worked up? can we just once learn To "Let Jigga live" ok minus jigga who else deservers to be there and who doesn´t...

my list of rappers missing is:

Prodigy from Mobb Deep
Lil Fame from MOP
Even if he wasn´t born in NY but Guru must be there
same apply for Primo - he´s from Boston "if u didn´t know, now u know" (yeah he doen´t rap but i think he deserves special mention)
Talib Kweli
Cormega
Method Man (or shit is he too successful to be King Of NY) if that´s the case kiss the f*** all of you, you don´t know what you want. :-Y

these needs to go
5. Cam´ron
6. Fabolous
7. Shyne

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
If those rappers is what new york is feeling at the moment, then let it be. But I dont see how shyne can be on that list seeing that the last time we heard something from him was in the past century. Probably Camīron (tha Pink Panther, KillaCAM) is the King of NY right now cause everytime i run into some cats from NY they are yelling "KillaCam! Dipset! "

khoi, currently:
-Prodigy is in a coma, or at least he is rapping like he is in one
-Guru is being outshined by Jadakiss on his own records
-Method Man hasnīt released an album in 5 years and is more busy with sitcoms, cameos and playing playstation with redman. ha ha
-Talib is good. he has a new Ep with RJD2

50cent deserves to be on that list, he got shot 9 times!
I dont know why nas is top, heīs last album was out in 2002 and it was a boring effort. Why is Jay-Z not on the list? Dont know man, maybe because he is retired?! ha ha

all in all its a shitty list...

yo. peep this verse quick, whoīs nas dissing?

[Bravehearts - Quick to backdown feat. Nas & Lil Jon]
First of all this is Nas I´ma Braveheart veteran
And y´all already know who I´m better than
Yall know the beef in the hood it´ll never end
Never hit the club unless I get´s my berretta in
The letter N, short for Nasir
More drama than the President with North Korea
Gettin Krunk wit Lil Jon, he da livest in the south
f*** around and you get wires in your mouth
<-- is he dissing Kanye ala "Through the wire"?
Cowards I despise and my power keeps on risin
Niggas try to hate me but they keep recognizin
Who´s the next label I´ma bury
  <-- roc-a-fella?
CEO´s, rappers and A&R´s go to the rap cemetary
 <-- so now we all know why jigga retired!?
And ya all got guns but ya scared to use ´em
Six million ways to die, nigga choose one
I´m a Braveheart I´ll be right here
Y´all talk shit but I smell fear, motherf***er!

lol, just playing youīll

beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

30-03-2004 at 09:04, Sensai_Tate :
Quote:

TNG :Lloyd Banks is wack (Yeah Sensai I got you on my radar)..One

Oh no you didnt try call my name out on these forums?...

Oh yes I did. Lloyd Banks has not been around for 5MTV seconds. This cat has a long rap sheet that reads better than most of these artists listed (Camron, FatJoe, SHyne?What the f98?Shyne? :-o JadaKiss) And I think unfortunately your displeasure with Banks on the list may be that your might, I´m just saying, might be a victim of the MTV- and- Y- say- he´s-hot-he-must-be-if-he-ain´t-featured-he-must-no-be. That dude is one of the illest punchline cats I´ve heard in a loooong time. 3 Best Off mixtapes are not a joke. The Real people that make you prior o MTV are saluting you with that.
I got a intergangstress who argue and steams wit reefer/And who flip when I call a bitch like she Queen Latifah/Not all the vehicle´s is long enough to stash the streetsweeper/This shit can get uglier than the Master P sneaker (Boom sweep at Master P outta nowhere, that sh&t is funny, and that was the victory freestyle.
Still walk around wit´ the hammer boss/Rope and a cross/Hard times´ll make a lil´ nigga hate Santa Claus/.........................My team in the cutt, packin´ middle things/I got more foreign shooters than the Sacramento Kings/ (ha? I can´t stay here all night telling you the KID is nice with words. Banks is the one.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Clearly SOME "heads" didnt understand what I was trying to say in the last post. Let me break it down for you.
The List prports to be a "King of NY" list meaning there should be Royalty up on it right? ie how can they mention Banks in the same breath as Veterens like Nas & Ghost? The dude aint even got an album out yet. Whats this about a "best of" album? Usually when people do that sh^t they have had (at least) 2 albums or more. I think those Gorrila unit niggas are nuthin without the success of a certain 50c.
From what I know in these forums we discuss credidible mc´s not just run of the mill average Pop star wannabe Gangsta thugs.
TNG I´ve always wondered how you can relate to that G Unit sh^t? I mean these fools is rappin about guns & hoes things taboo in OUR culture..& what makes it worse is that they dont even do it well. Least of all Lloyd BANKS! F**k Why am even waisting my time with this kits a No-Brainer! :-?

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

30-03-2004 at 10:12, fahfee :

khoi, currently:
-Prodigy is in a coma, or at least he is rapping like he is in one
-Guru is being outshined by Jadakiss on his own records
-Method Man hasnīt released an album in 5 years and is more busy with sitcoms, cameos and playing playstation with redman. ha ha
all in all its a shitty list...

Fahfee, my man
maybe i´m a bid shallow in the head or real don´t understand what it means to master your art, when you say, "P raps like he is in a coma" what do you mean? pls clarify that for me...

when you say Jada does a "shine on my shine" to Guru how so, is it about the punchlines? or are one of those cats in this forum that say Guru is wack?    

on the Meth issue i believe Ghost´s last album was Supreme Clientele (that r&b album and that greatest hits cd don´t count in my books) and something tells me that since he signed to Def Jam and does tracks with the like of Missy he´s going to loose your repsect.

so what Meth hasn´t realesed, till 2day alot of cats can´t match him skill 4 skill and line 4 line (except... you who  :-] ) i mean even if, he re-releases Judgement Day, alot of albums wont match.

like it or not being successful in hip-hop = loosing your street cred sad isn´t it? :-[