HIPHOCALYPSE 030404

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Tha HIPHOCALYPSE 030404 went down as planned/announced. Here is a breakdown of what happened for those of you not within a 15km radius of Grahamstown:
The show started with Mentalyricist doing his regular thang mixing it up as he usually does. Looks like the kid is maturing nicely but we´ll get to that later.
At 1030pm Mental announced he had a surprise guest...(drum roll please)..the Sensai steps to the mic & announces his return.
Played mostly African Hip Hop including:
Obita - "Move You" (Uganda)
Konfab - "Sister Girl" (Lesotho)
Tha Hymphatic Thabs - "i was" (SA)
Skwatta Kamp - "Spark It" (SA)
Cashless Society - "Hottentot Hop Bantu 1 2" (SA/Botswana)
Innovators - "Some of you swear to be emcees" (Zambia, Zim, Grahamstown)
Villian - "For the Love...of Hip Hop" (Limpopo Province)
Zen and 2nd Son - "Zenith" (Northwest Prov,Zambia, Grahamstown)

(For copies of all the above tracks feel free to contact me on 072 520 2227 or sensaitate@yahoo.com)
Rob One called all the way from London (Whatup Rob?) and announced the Dilated Peoples special in 2weeks (stay tuned for that).
Kamma & Biz came thru with Kamma´s new turntables and mixed a Tight set with the likes of Quasimoto (Remember him).
Then the all time RMR freestyle champ Mandrax the Drug lord aka "Rising Sun/Son" (Not to be confused with 2nd Son/Sun) showed why he is still the undisputed heavyweight freestyle champ by taking TNG to the streets on some Stallone & Chuck Norris type a** whipping (Thanks for playing T, Its all love).
Finally Menatlyricist showed why he´s such a valueable a**et to the Hiphocalypse spitting some shit he wrote that night in the studio accapella with Mandrax accompanying with some shit that he wrote over the Biz mixing.
All in all felt good to be back..definately gonna do it again...the Hiphocalypse just keeps growing from strength to strength!

The Hiphocalypse Movement FOREVER!!
www.hiphocalypse.co.nr

[ This message was edited by: Sensai_Tate on 06-04-2004 03:23 ]

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Yeah Mandrax down all the way from Jozi to hold it down on the Hiphocalypse Anniversary. But not just that dog. ANother Innovators Mixtape will have an exclusive from The School of Hiphop Representative. THey´ve been opening for Skwatta and Tumi, and his crew member is the current slam poet champion in S.A. So you know cats is on their grind.
What he´s left for the mixtape is absolutely bananas. Exclusive ofcourse. You´ll have to wait like the rest. Haha!!
Yeah he killed me in a few lines on that impromtu radio battle but that´s Mandrax man, undisputed. Scholars of HIPHOP look out for his crew. Look out for the gem on ANother Innovators mixtape coming soon.

Peep the AG review on the Latest Sick With THe Flow mixtape in reviews section. Heard the "Sick". Whatchu think?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Yeah besides pluggin TNG´s Mixtapes it was nice to have the "School of Hip Hop" representative present as well. I believe there was a recording of the show made so if anyone wants copies of the absolute gems that were dropped..Holla at the Sensai.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
 :-o What the hell? Nigga. You got Mandrax killing me on radio on tape. Niggaz never told me sh$^ was being recorded. YOU will be hearing from African Dope about my publishing. Best believe you ain´t making no money-off my a$$ being made to look on wax like an a$$. Come on dawg, pull it off the streets that $hit was impromptu u know haters will be on some that´s what´s on the mixtapes bs!

eh um..Sick With The Flow Mixtape. Available on streets near you

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
haha!! Mandrax is the DON!!

Mandrax On PTA Unlimited Dont Sleep!!!
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
He he..its all good T I´m sure the real heads (not to be confused with ´herdz´) Will appreciate the impromptu battle for what it was worth. You never sed U were a freestyler anyways right!
Nyambz where U know Mandrax from? Where can I get that PTA Unlimited?

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

08-04-2004 at 02:16, Sensai_Tate :
You never sed U were a freestyler anyways right!

Right.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

07-04-2004 at 13:36, nyambz :
haha!! Mandrax is the DON!!

Mandrax On PTA Unlimited Dont Sleep!!!

Damn right, Mandrax is NEXT. Anyone wants to hear Mandrax doing spontaneous performance on radio for over an hour pick up Chilling with TNG The Show. Want to hear an exclusive of Mandrax sounding absolutley disgustingly bananas, pick up the next Innovators Mixtape.

Hehe, I should be getting the best plugger award (& maximization sales by restocking releases based on Artists getting a buzz) at the 1st AG HIPHOP Awards. Recognize.
One

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
I know him from PTA!!
PTA Unlimited´s gonna drop around June
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote:

Hehe, I should be getting the best plugger award (& maximization sales by restocking releases based on Artists getting a buzz) at the 1st AG HIPHOP Awards.

Now THATS a good idea right there T I think we could certainly do with some sort of AG hip Hop awards thing going..What do the "powers that be think"
Quote:

Damn right, Mandrax is NEXT. Anyone wants to hear Mandrax doing spontaneous performance on radio for over an hour pick up Chilling with TNG The Show. Want to hear an exclusive of Mandrax sounding absolutley disgustingly bananas, pick up the next Innovators Mixtape.

Can we please get Mandrax; 2nd Son; and ZEN on a track together for the next mixtape?...
:-o

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive

Can we please get Mandrax; 2nd Son; and ZEN on a track together for the next mixtape?...
:-o

That is an intersting combination. I was contemplating ZEN & MANDRAX on the same track. I´m sure Second Son dropping a jewel there too. But I mean, the result of these different peeps on the same track is going to be a catastrophic level of PUNCHLINES GALORE. In the famous Ma**dossage words, HEADZ AIN´T READY.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Is Mandrakx still available in Gtown? Will all 3 be there at the same time? MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Heard theres a Mega MC´s 2 in the works?..

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Mandrax is back in PTA. I had already recorded some stuff with him last wk that we can use. Megamcs 2 is going to happen for sure.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Will Mega 2 have the same llineup? I thought a couple of those peerformances left a lot to be desired...and you know what they say about the sequel jinx...

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive