ZAK DAKILE ???? METRO FM ?????

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Early ninties is when more heads began finding out that there is other heads in the J...only problem is that we were all sparsly populated..in different places..and had not "common" ground we had cat from all over not knowing theres other cats out..in the early ninties we sorta like came together so to speak..were started to meet cat and found that most cats benn down waaaay before the 90´s..so upon us meeting it kinda became the begining of a JSec Hip Hop Movement..as opposed to different hoods repping JSec from whre eva..we started represeting the J as one Big place with heads from all around the J...hence The Motherload Compilation which i belive is the difinitive Local Hip Hop albumn..but hey..thats Just me..

Zak being up there?..yip! all those cats you mentioned will tell you he ranks there and some will even admit to him putting them on...
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Oh he definitely ranks up there with all of them. If it wasn´t for him, Bionic would probably never have gotten on radio.

Zack got him to play music on his show on VOS, and when Zack left Bionic took over the whole show.

That´s the first time a Hip-Hop DJ was featured on any show in Jozi, and then YFM then took the concept and expanded it even further, so yeah he is definitely a pioneer.

Come to think of it, YFM and other radio stations jacked a whole bunch of ideas and people from VOS,

Zack, Penny Lebyane, Leo (Phat Joe buddy @ MetroFM), Pat Cash, Thabiso Matladi, Bondo Ntuli, all came from VOS.

That was one hot radio station.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Zak´s show is TIGHTER THAN A FLY´S a**

can i get a witness????????
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

Silence

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
I think its time for some of the more knowledgable cats to drop a "How to clear samples" Post
I´ve been playing around samples for a while now but haven´t bothered to clear shit with anyone, I really couldn´t give a dick about it but its good to know if I ever decide to. I´m guessing its a different way for different samples (diff. labels, diff. artists, diff. countries, diff. laws stuff like that)  

I sample from extremely obscure shit, most from the late sixties to mid seventies, but I´ve recently got my hands on SABC archive records (Springbok radio and other periodicals)so I´m sure I can clear that easily but stuff like American Jazz and soul, European cla**ical, rock and folk. where would I clear stuff like that?  

Anonymous

and exactly HOW is this sample sh*t related to Zak Dakile being a hiphop radio pioneer???????

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote:

11-05-2004 at 17:28, ebonycat :
Zak´s show is TIGHTER THAN A FLY´S a**

can i get a witness????????

no doubt to that i second that point
that whole radio station was ill man i had mad tapes rec##@# from some of the closing freestyle sessions they had but i lost all but one

it brings back mad memories  8-)
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
so exzaklee how tight ees de a**s of a fly?
.the most insidious emcee on the block
blowin' up the spot.. pa** the mic and watch me rock" - MR. DEVIOUS

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
dem... never tought i hed it in me..

does enybody hev Zek´s old Voice of Soweto shows on tayp?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
i have the one where Devious was there with Amu, Selwyn and shimani..and a few others ..only problem is that they by my boys lab...and he away for now..also i have a whole host of Y-FM (rap activity) the nice one...tapes as well..i am glad i kept all that shit

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote:

11-05-2004 at 16:29, PhibaOptik :
so does that mean Zak ranks up there with DJ Blaize, DJ Bionic, Mr. Bigga, Amu and the rest of the Jozi pioneers...???

and why do u Jozi cats refer to "back inna day" as the early 90´s...

Cape Town heads - like Deon Daniels and Rozzano Davids - have been on the getdown since ´84...

cats been doing it for a while like the boy said that the is no common ground and after all J-sec is not as small as where u at bro
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote:

13-05-2004 at 16:02, briCK :
i have the one where Devious was there with Amu, Selwyn and shimani..and a few others ..only problem is that they by my boys lab...and he away for now..also i have a whole host of Y-FM (rap activity) the nice one...tapes as well..i am glad i kept all that shit

any chance of you connecting your ca**ette vplayer to your soundcard´s line input and converting that ish to mp3?

I am looking for the episode with Yang Weapon (now Max Normal) 1st freestyles. Remember that one? I think its after Zak had left and Bradley aka Bionic Spindoctor and Thabs(who Phiba-optik is supposed to know) had Inferno.

What about the one where Amu, Shimane&Selvyn, Baphixile were all dissing STICKY after he called Zak out?

Would be nice to have some stuff with Robo too.

Its crazy to think all this cats were spitters but most ended up doing kwaito. ha ha
damn 90´s "back in the day"  eksé :-o
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
ken aneebodee hook me up wit a kopee - if dose tapes make it to a ceedee - ever?

faaibop@ananzi.co.za

PhibaOptik

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.koolooma.com
Just to let u niggaz know...
Every single comment that was made in this thread will be published on THE BOOMBAP...
Thank you for your opinions on Zak Dakile...

M.Diddy.. i hope u don´t mind me using your forums to "draw" cats out...

With all the haters that are part of the Love Movement... i was actually blown away by the fact that some cats are actually NOT all that negative...

if u cats got anything else to say about Zak... here´s your last chance...
hiba Optik
Info'mation Conduit

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
i hear det Zek will be in Peetimaritsburg dis weekend. All you Kwazulus wil hev a great time i sipose.