Africasgateway.com

how many units sold?

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
i would like undaground emcees like innovators to pu me in the light about the number of copies they sold.

fd

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://fredzilla.dmusic.com
yeah

last year I did a jawn, I pressed about 65 copies and probably sold about 40 of them, the rest I gave away and stuff, okes told me they would pay me later, never happened.

But I was pretty amped,

I gotta admit though, about 15 of those were friends, the rest was like schoolmates people I just got talking to and stuff.

I wished I had pressed more, but I was broker than a mofo. Now I don´t really want to press it anymore. I´ll do another one some time.
I'll have you thinking that you highschool girls the way I take you out' fd

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
We platinum in Grahamstown 8-)
And that´s not including customers (and those that just happen to have a copy of one of our mixtapes) in the rest of S.A., Zambia, Zim, Peru, NY, UK.
Just a matter of time. Just a matter of time.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

21-06-2004 at 13:07, fd :
last year I did a jawn, I pressed about 65 copies and probably sold about 40 of them, the rest I gave away and stuff, okes told me they would pay me later, never happened.

I wished I had pressed more, but I was broker than a mofo. Now I don´t really want to press it anymore. I´ll do another one some time.

U gotta be clear homes which ones you´re pressing to sell and which ones are for promo (for free). Don´t get that right and u´re cashflow will be a problem man, especially with them credit sales!! But props to all those on the hustle.

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
hey u peeps dont know how to push...my mans bushman sold 150 000 in germany so he says...

do downloads counts ? immortal tech sold about 2000.

probably the rest of everybody else with a copy of his issh downloaded...so i think we should count downloads as sales...or potential sales....right ?
so innovators can add one unit form my a** coz i downloaded some tracks...

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Haha, nice one Eraze. But if talking downloads from this site. Those are 2 releases back (need to holla at Milk for special promo new uploads). There´s the crazy newer joints! Private message me your address man, & we send something for your show. Or, yahoo just upgraded to 100MB storage & 10MB msgs could email u mp3 versions to convert. Strictly exclusives for the show dogg!! Not to sell and pay rent or something! :-D

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote:

21-06-2004 at 13:14, eraze :
hey u peeps dont know how to push...my mans bushman sold 150 000 in germany so he says...

Thats because about every kid in Germany is stinking rich(compared to developing nations) and this is the second largest market for black music next to the US.

But 150 000 is still a lot. I dont think even the big guns contantly have those numbers. The sales are going down here though like US due to downloading and stuff. I heard some kid was fined about ?2000 for using kazzalite!

have to be careful :-o

How many copies did Maximum sentence push cause that was dope and I´m looking for a copy.

Who is bushman by the way?
ABAC - A change gon come!

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
Bushman, some cat i met at the watering hole claims alot....

the maximum sentence was hot....but i think the mastering needs a good ear coz some of the vocals were not standing out...especially on x-rates verses...

yo..i heard non phixion sold like 300 000 world wide....its a big hustle selling without proper funding....

need money to make money.....

yeah doe this joint have a top 10 list...for most downloaded tracks....

how is cashless doing....

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop