Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

FEST HIPHOP

Guest · 4 · 1346

Anonymous

saw some really weird and interesting hiphop at fest. Hymphatic Thabs, Gini Grindith and Eavesdrop presented ´ABNORMAL DETAIL´. Venue wasn´t fantastic, lighting not great, but cats rocked. Clearly hiphop exists as its own little subculture still in South Africa. so it definitely was not a mainstream, or even fringe attraction at fest. it was like - Fringe of the Fringe. Although it drew a substantial crowd, it seemed to me that it drew mostly its own kind. For the uninitiated; the underground remains inaccessible. Missed BMP. if anyone saw pleez tell.
so i thought hip hop always seems a big deal when you´re in the culture; not if you´re outside it; its an odd kinda art form.
so in the end, though the underground stuff is on a tip of its own and on another level, those who do make it accessible to the untrained ear of the broader ma**es are actually contributing, not necessarily selling out.
hope for venue with lighting next year or whatever.
Hip hop theatre is a cool and original concept Thabs. Material is presented unusually- better than just going "Um, this next track i wrote after i heard the dog died, hope you enjoy it"

A FELOW FESTINO

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Abnormal Theatre did rock. Big ups to that crew. They held it down. Original concept and it´s tight indeed!
Eavesdrop is on point people. Don´t sleep.

Anonymous

must say though their stage act held the energy for the most part; their subject matter is completely on another tangent. Thing about the tripped-out lyrical content is that when they write it, they get it, but a persons gotta hear the song like 4 or 5 times before the metaphors and symbolism falls into place in your own head. so though their lyrical delivery was tight, i didnt know what the hell they were talking about. never mind that the freezing weather froze my braincells making it harder to decipher whatever it was they rhyme about. BMP i saw on the YOU stage, and thought they ROCKED like for a real party!! dja guys check the Cypha that opened up outside the place on the street... cats rock

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I wish Bloem had more of a live scene going.
Imagining all the shit you people talk about makes me jealous till I turn A very dark green with envy and people mistake me for a decomposing corpse.
Only thing that ever happens here is Ground Control and since me and Sqew are a couple of lazy f***s, even that is taking forever to materialize.

How about an AG concert? Some of you guys come down and we have a ma**ive show? I´ll arrange the venue and everything, you guys must just be willing to perform for free, cos I´m broke as phuck