Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

What went wrong!?!

· 23 · 3940

Anonymous

Firstly let me start by sayin Africa´s Gateway is a dope site with good intentions and an straight up love for a culture we all feel strong about. Unfortunatley there seems to be alot of new school cat´s that besides being computer literate don´t really have anything valid to contribute to this ever expanding culture! Long before 8 mile and other recent attempts to popularise Hip Hop there was an understanding between heads especially cat´s that have been down for a while that this was a very small movement and it needed all the positive contributions it could gather in order to expand on a higher level. But now due to it´s popularity and sudden interests people that have been down for a while now have to listen to kid´s like Ootz, FT, pYROKINETICS spread their juvenile thoughts across a medium that was initially brought together to broaden heads views to others with a similar interest. Even cat´s like Sensai Tate have put their opinions across that don´t really seem justifiable, here´s a person with some influence ( for some reason or the other) that is quick to comment on people that he doesn´t even know directly, but feels strong enough to challenge thier perceptions and idea´s without any understanding of where that certain person is comming from or why they approaching it in that certain manner? Why not instead get involved and ask those people directly what the deal is by giving them space on the access to radio that you have. It looks more like you been given some air time and now it´s only used to fullfill your ego and get props for something that anyone in your position could have done if they were given the chance. Every forum has these kid´s that without AG would not have any credabilaty other than the circles that they roll in. Mad props to peeps like Ruggedman, Milkdaddy and anyone else that gives input that´ll uplift a culture rather than a persons alter ego. This is not about a single person ,every time someone gives voice in regards to Hip Hop they are only giving their opinion, that doesn´t reflect the millions of people involved, but they are taking it in their hands to speak for alot of views, that most likely don´t agree with that certain opinion. You can´t box Hip Hop into a certain criteria because it was intially set up to express one´s creativity with no boundaries, nowdays we have to listen to a hand full of of children that feel the need to give their opinions on people that were here before them and were tryin to give a positive outlook to people outside the culture. It´s alot more involved that just being a rapper or producer or dj or writer, it´s the collective thats gonna stand out and the end of the day, and encourage other groups to actively get involved in Hip Hop in order to progress  the local scene to what other genres have achieved! Bottom line stop this bull shit and think about the bigger picture, stop following American idea´s and use that energy to create a market we all can survive on rather than making it accessible to an elite few that think they stand out above the rest. Stop using sites like AG to feed your negative crap across and benifite by puttin the next man down! Cause in the real world those that talk alot are most likely to get tested and if you can´t hold it down you will just join the long list of flash in the pan mother f***ers that thought thay could make a difference. Leave cat´s to do what they need to do in order to grow and concentrate on your own agenda´s, Basically grow the f*** up!!! Peace to those not concerned and willing to progress on a whole!!

Yours truly ...................... ( fill name in here if you know what time it is)

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
Its interesting that u can post this shit as a chickenhead but anyway

Quote:

09-08-2004 at 19:21, Anonymous :
Firstly let me start by sayin Africa´s Gateway is a dope site with good intentions and an straight up love for a culture we all feel strong about. Unfortunatley there seems to be alot of new school cat´s that besides being computer literate don´t really have anything valid to contribute to this ever expanding culture!

What do u mean by contributing????How am I not contributing???Isnt my existance as a head contribution in itself(answer the first two questions before you ansewr this one)???

Long before 8 mile and other recent attempts to popularise Hip Hop there was an understanding between heads especially cat´s that have been down for a while that this was a very small movement and it needed all the positive contributions it could gather in order to expand on a higher level. But now due to it´s popularity and sudden interests people that have been down for a while now have to listen to kid´s like Ootz, FT, pYROKINETICS spread their juvenile thoughts across a medium that was initially brought together to broaden heads views to others with a similar interest.

Yes I am a new jack, never acted like or fronted any other part, jus a new jack. You however are sounding old, a lil anti progressive may I say. Thats cool, we all wanted hip hop to stay in its golden era but pointing fingers jus because Im sayin what others(like minded people) are thinking does not mean im contributing negatively to Hip Hop in S.A.

Secondly

My opinion on south african hip hop i feel has only been positive, the only thing that pisses me off is the amount of kak that is coming out of most j-sect heads old and new.When i first started listening to hip hop(when i decided to devote myself to the artform)It was because yes, i was brainwashed by the pimp lights coming off of mase´s vehicle and the amount of jewellry slick rick could wear in a video.I wanted the pimp strut, I wanted the slang, I wanted the bitches! no doubt(i doubt u can tell me u had no dreams of being a rich n famous rap star).

but as time progressed i realised that it wasnt about that at all, It was about freedom of expression,and a thirst(and love) to innovate in any form of the WE ALL LOVE SO DEARLY hip hop culture and that is what i feel s.a. hip hop is lacking.

In sayin that i contribute negatively i dont blame you, if i was old and all my buddies were either married or b) superstars or c) had high paying desk jobs. I would also relieve my frustrations over the internet and say people are contributing to the death of hip hop and all that other kak jus so I can feel better about being an anti progressive loser.

:-[

Even cat´s like Sensai Tate have put their opinions across that don´t really seem justifiable, here´s a person with some influence ( for some reason or the other) that is quick to comment on people that he doesn´t even know directly, but feels strong enough to challenge thier perceptions and idea´s without any understanding of where that certain person is comming from or why they approaching it in that certain manner?

Aight given, maybe next time a wack idea comes by, i shud jus shut the f*** up!!!!!!!!!

Why not instead get involved and ask those people directly what the deal is by giving them space on the access to radio that you have. It looks more like you been given some air time and now it´s only used to fullfill your ego and get props for something that anyone in your position could have done if they were given the chance.

I hate those kinds of dickheads!!!!

Every forum has these kid´s that without AG would not have any credabilaty other than the circles that they roll in. Mad props to peeps like Ruggedman, Milkdaddy and anyone else that gives input that´ll uplift a culture rather than a persons alter ego. This is not about a single person ,every time someone gives voice in regards to Hip Hop they are only giving their opinion, that doesn´t reflect the millions of people involved, but they are taking it in their hands to speak for alot of views, that most likely don´t agree with that certain opinion.

Damn, thats deep. MAYBE MY OPINION DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can´t box Hip Hop into a certain criteria because it was intially set up to express one´s creativity with no boundaries, nowdays we have to listen to a hand full of of children that feel the need to give their opinions on people that were here before them and were tryin to give a positive outlook to people outside the culture.

if thats how im percieved, i apologise (but if u wack u wack)

It´s alot more involved that just being a rapper or producer or dj or writer, it´s the collective thats gonna stand out and the end of the day, and encourage other groups to actively get involved in Hip Hop in order to progress  the local scene to what other genres have achieved!

I can agree with u fully on that.

Bottom line stop this bull shit and think about the bigger picture, stop following American idea´s and use that energy to create a market we all can survive on rather than making it accessible to an elite few that think they stand out above the rest.

Hey, im an elitist bastard with no concern for anything that has to do with innovation(i didnt know that). I do kno that im a concieted f*** tho

Stop using sites like AG to feed your negative crap across and benifite by puttin the next man down!

The next man????Who might that be??? hmmmmmmmmm

Cause in the real world those that talk alot are most likely to get tested and if you can´t hold it down you will just join the long list of flash in the pan mother f***ers that thought thay could make a difference.

true. I guess yeah. by running my mouth(with my opinion) i will get tested and maybe jus maybe ill be a has been that never was. Ill try and shut the f*** up and watch s.a. hip hop flush itself down the drain with its own version of keep it realism(a formula that has proved to be indeed 99.9 percent a flop) and blame myself for not exposing the holes in what is the most talented area on the world map(s.a. that is) because cats thought what local hip hop needs is a zulu master p of a venda lil bow wow or even worse, an english jay-z with a sotho twist

Leave cat´s to do what they need to do in order to grow and concentrate on your own agenda´s, Basically grow the f*** up!!! Peace to those not concerned and willing to progress on a whole!!

what does growing up have to do with anything????there u go, losing the plot again.

Yours truly ...................... ( fill name in here if you know what time it is)

u kno, i actually sat down and read this so maybe i can understand why i was being called out on  this post. I realised that u have alot of animosity towards the cats mentioned. I felt like u were already putting the blame on cats like us who agree with our posts and feel that we as south african hip hoppers arent working hard enuff to bettering the scene.

Im not sayin im always right but according to me, im always right so when i put a post up i cannot be wrong unti im proven otherwise.

I also realised that u felt it wud be alright to pick on a newjack because he disagreed with alot of ur posts.Im actually doubting u ever had a post that i agreed with(explaining why u had to post this as a chickenhead, i dont blame u, i wudnt show my face either if noone ever agreed with my shit), thus the low blows and name calling.

well, in the end. ur argument did raise sum points, (yes i am a dickhead, an a**hole with an opinion, a young cat with no prolems with the world except for visible flaws) however, the majority of it was just drivel proving once again that ur jus a hater with weird views.

anyways

peace love and respect, hope ur depression ends quickly, i dont like net beefs their childish, something a new jack would do.

p.s.

what did i do wrong???? :-?  :-?

;-)
XO.WITHTANK.COM

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
i cant believe i sat here and typed this shit for a a whole 30 mins of my life.
XO.WITHTANK.COM

iLL_eG0_AL13n

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Damn!! that´s a lot of readin
i hear exactly what u´re sayin on most points made
tho´ had a few objections on a couple things...

Quote:

...now have to listen to kid´s like Ootz, FT, pYROKINETICS spread their juvenile thoughts across a medium that was initially brought together to broaden heads views to others with a similar interest.  

the beautiful thing about "This Medium" (i myself have a tendency to call "The Internet") is that n i have to disagree with u coz... NO!! U don´t HAVE to listen... if u don´t like what u´re readin just click on the back button, movin on to the next more "broadening" post.

Quote:

...Unfortunatley there seems to be alot of new school cat´s that besides being computer literate don´t really have anything valid to contribute to this ever expanding culture!

don´t know how much u beleive in Freedom of expression n that of movement, but Hey! i think that even the "small time" "newschool" "hiphop kids" (or whatever the phuck they call´em nowadays) should have a chance n be allowed to check these boards out if they want to... n yeah! even clown a lil´ bit, once in a while, who knows? maybe they´ll learn a thing or two, hangin around with the "big boys", how more expending can AG get? Who´s to say what´s valid n what´s not? more often than not u´ll notice that, replies n views to a post speak for themselves.

Quote:

...Even cat´s like Sensai Tate have put their opinions across that don´t really seem justifiable, here´s a person with some influence ( for some reason or the other) that is quick to comment on people that he doesn´t even know directly, but feels strong enough to challenge thier perceptions and idea´s without any understanding of where that certain person is comming from or why they approaching it in that certain manner? Why not instead get involved and ask those people directly what the deal is by giving them space on the access to radio that you have.

not to condone or defend anybody but my opinion is that, if one wants to grow in any kinda chosen field of soceity, one has to constantly challenge other ppl´s ideas n opinions with one´s own, n either teach or learn @ the end of the day.
i can´t think of a better way to evaluate or re-evaluate one´s personal perceptives than by hearing others´
despite the stupid arrogance a few peeps are prone to show for some reason or another. debating n exchanging ideas should rank high in the charts for the best sources to better theorical understanding of most matters n even each other eventually...

Peace

http://img71.photobucket.com/albums/v217/LeDiableNoir/illEg0Al13n.jpg">
"My lab is near an atmosphere of monotonous misery, with stacks of weird forgotten past histories..." - Hymphatic Thabz

[ This message was edited by: iLL_eG0_AL13n on 09-08-2004 23:50 ]

[ This message was edited by: iLL_eG0_AL13n on 09-08-2004 23:51 ]
img]http://images2.imagehigh.com/imagehigh/N/16062005125945_NewAGSig.JPG[/img]
[size=22]Liƒè'§ Ill, sØmëti(¥)ë§ lìƒë (¥)ìght Kìll...[/size]

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphop.nu/
i do feel what you are saying my man. slightly stubborn on my part, i have not been inspired to ´grow up´ as such.´ but i will start being less of a monkey.

vinyl for RENT...if youse is interested.
imminy rickets aka curse pettersson

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

kid´s like Ootz, FT, pYROKINETICS spread their juvenile thoughts across a medium that was initially brought together to broaden heads views to others with a similar interest. Even cat´s like Sensai Tate have put their opinions across that don´t really seem justifiable...

Yours truly ...................... ( fill name in here if you know what time it is

Much has been said already but...

I’m not gonna try and justify or substantiate my actions to U or anybody for dat matter...nor won’t be spiteful or try to bicker with U
for having the urge to be opinionated...
The fact dat U took the platform...even worse anonymously...to vent out yo’ frustrations...meanz fundamentally there izn’t much difference between me and U [and yo’ bitching of course]
Contrary to what U might think of me, I’ve always been a typa cat to take shit in moderation...But then f*** dat...
U don’t know me dat well to make such a bold statements about me, U are sorely mistaken by referring to me as a “new school cat”

[f.i.y: been involved to the movement for more than a decade now]
Jus sorry dat with my previous malevolent comments
some sensitive souls [like U] got hurt in the process,
I always thought dat this waz a platform for one to express him/herself with no restrictions...and now this??    

Maybe I shoulda’v  jus turned a blind eye to the whole sh*t, sometimes ignorance is bliss...Or maybe I jus don’t appreciate my name being called out like dat over tedious, bullsh*t annotations I happen to have made... :-o

In lamest terms...no malice intended...take it easy, look on the light side of sh*t...or simply just get a f*cking life...
IYASKO___FT!

Zee

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://

Supafly

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://
To anonymous,

I think you had some important things to say, but that moerse-long paragraph rant is hard on the eyes. Paragraphs next time, please.

Supafly

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Only thing Sites like AG do is reflect how cats are like all over...from what i have seen..every cat on Ag..i know at least someone like them in real life...so the problem has nothing to do with sites like AG...its just another avenue for these cats to show up...only difference is that in the real life some opinionated people...are too shook to speak in case what they say is stupid and either loose any credibility or get smacked in the face..the net allows annonymity...much like what you did to raise a point..which as much as i may or may not agree with..it gets nullified by the fact that you are annonymous...disrespect to you aside...you are like one of those cats with something to say but afraid that people will marginalize you as either a mediocore poster on the net...or the silent interllect in real life....either way no one takes you serious enough....

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote:

10-08-2004 at 11:33, briCK :
Only thing Sites like AG do is reflect how cats are like all over...from what i have seen..every cat on Ag..i know at least someone like them in real life...so the problem has nothing to do with sites like AG...its just another avenue for these cats to show up...only difference is that in the real life some opinionated people...are too shook to speak in case what they say is stupid and either loose any credibility or get smacked in the face..the net allows annonymity...much like what you did to raise a point..which as much as i may or may not agree with..it gets nullified by the fact that you are annonymous...disrespect to you aside...you are like one of those cats with something to say but afraid that people will marginalize you as either a mediocore poster on the net...or the silent interllect in real life....either way no one takes you serious enough....

Hear Hear
To the chickenhead above that started this thread:
"Dont get caught in the meritocracy if unnonymity"
I accept a lot of your points about me as true but before I attempt to justify myself please identify yourself so I can know who I am addressing.
I am not in the habit of addressing chickenheads.
Regards
Politically Correctly Yours
Sensai Tate

Pamberi neHIPHOCALYPSE!!

http://www.tate.rucus.net/~tate/hiphocalypse/" TARGET="_blank">Hiphocalypse Website

sensaitate@yahoo.com

[ This message was edited by: Sensai_Tate on 10-08-2004 11:41 ]

Anonymous

True - this Sensai tate is a negative influence, but he has every right to air his distorted views.

I´ll never forget his views about people rapping in vernac. I´ll talk about more important things tommorow when I have more time. have to work now.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Please would these chickenheads (or anyone else that thinks I am a "negative influence") substatiate their claims. Funny how the people talking sh*t havent got the spine to sign in. (hey Milk whatever happened to banning chickenhead unnonymous posts?)
Everytime I air my views I make a point of (at least attempting to) back it up with fact.
I dont mind people talking smack about me but please have the decency to let me kno who U are & back it up.
BTW what views on people rappin in vernac were nagative?

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

11-08-2004 at 09:27, Sensai_Tate :
hey Milk whatever happened to banning chickenhead unnonymous posts?

Seconded!!!!!

Cho Tate, don´t fret over these spineless fools acting pussy-llanimous
an´  hiding behind chicken heads...  

IYASKO___FT!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
White people shouldn´t be allowed to rap cos they sound too white and suburban.
Black people shouldn´t rap, cos they sound too ghetto and they make the white people run scared. The ones who dont sound ghetto are too soft and only appeal to 15 year old girlies from Sandton who watch MTV.
Fat people shouldn´t rap, cos fat disgusts me and having to watch their videos makes me sick to my sensitive  suburban stomach.
skinny people shouldn´t rap, cos they look anorexic and remind me of starving kids in Somalia, this also sickens me, especially when they wear million dollar jewellery, but look like they cant afford to feed themselves.
Ugly people shouldn´t rap, cos everyone hates ugly people, especially God, but as soon as an ugly person becomes a famous rapper, all the ladies love him and he gets voted the world´s sexiest man or some shit like that. This makes it difficult for non-famous pretty people to get laid by hot chicks. They also steal all the Earl groupies.
Pretty people shouldn´t rap, cos they just dont look hardcore enough and they cross over into acting. After becoming famous actors, they create commercial garbage rap, that only appeals to MTV girlies and their boyfriends, who hang out in exclusive clubs, where they get overcharged for booze and everything else and listen to the pretty boy garbage.
Women shouldn´t rap, cos if they´re rapping, that means no-one is home to watch the kids, clean and cook. Their breasts and other female things also distract you, which makes it difficult to concentrate on the lyrics.
Children shouldn´t rap because of Little Romeo. If I need to explain, you shopuldn´t be posting here and also shouldn´t be allowed to own anything that can play music.

Chickenheads shouldn´t talk shit. Most people know when I am being serious and when I am saying something in jest. If you dont, then refrain from reading my posts, cos you´ll hurt yourself. Just because you´ve been listening to hip hop longer than some of us, doesn´t mean you´re automatically right and we´re not. We have our own opinions and that´s what makes hip hop so great. Cos everyone doesn´t think the same and real heads aren´t afraid to speak their minds. Thats how we´ll keep growing.

If anyone was offended by anything I said, I´m really sorry...

You should get some counsellling so you can stop being so phucking sensitive.
Eat a penis.

Notice that I am signed in and that most of you know my phone number or where to find me. So if you have a problem you can sort it out like a man, insted of through an anonymous post on a website, where you cant be disciplined.

blakrok

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • Roll Another One, Kid!
    • View Profile
    • BlakOut - The Original Soulah Soloist