Word of thanx

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Pyro´s thank you´s

Thanx to all the people who supported us with Ground Control.
I wasn´t as full as we expected, yet all of you had enough soul to make it live. Hipnotica, Kulax Phlo; Zee & Idie, Psychonic(winner of the battles), Anonymous B-boys and evrybody else that were there. Thanx to all of you. Nice way to get word out on the 051 compliation and let people know that Bloem isn´t to be written off, as far as hip hop is concerned.

Pyro´s Phuck you´s

a small phuck you to all of you who said you were coming and didn´t.
A huge phuck you to all those c***flaps who stood outside the door complaining about the ten rand cover charge and inciting more people to complain. You´re the reason that half of the people turned back at the door. You all knew that the event was advertised as R30 cover, and the reason I did this was to make sure people dont show up and complain that they dont have enough cash and beg  me to let them in for free.
These happen to be the same people who complain that nothing ever happens in Bloem, yet when we go out of our way to let something happen, you wont support us. You all know who you are. After three years of having these events, I´m actually considering calling it quits.

The first three Ground Control events had no cover charge, we paid for everything out of our own pockets. After three years we have yet to see a single cent of profit and this weekend we couldn´t even break even. so f*** all of you who are too stingy to fork out ten rand for a whole day of entertainment, but are willing to pay hundreds to see garbage like 50 cent perform for an hour. Charity should start at home bitches. so phuck you for telling other people not to supprt us because you felt offended for not being allowed in for free, while everyone else paid. f*** you also, for not considering the fact that Sqew and I had to pay for the venue hire, sound, and advertising.

Sorry for this, but I just had to get something off my chest, cos these stingy a**holes piss me off.

Anonymous

Pyro - how many people turn up for such events in Bloem? Was it less packed than the free Ground Controls.
Durban´s event last weekend was not packed, but people enjoyed it & the scene jas generally grown a lot recently (is it because of the free thursday shows? - I dontknow).

Hope you wont be discouraged.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Way less than the free shows. Last year we had around three hundred people at the show in PACOFS, this time we sold exactly 94 tickets. consider that we had to pay R1200 per day, just for the hire of the venue(sound, liquor and printing not included), and you should understand why these a**holes standing in front of the door, complaining about a R10 cover charge and advising other people not to go in, piss me off so much.

Jus remember, next time you a**holes are starving, dont e-mail me or stop me in the street to ask, "when are you hooking something up?"

From now on GC will be a secret event, for oonly those people who have supprted us from day one. It seems the only way to eat is by being an sellout phuck, so maybe I should have taken SAB up on their offer for exploiting hip hop and played a little Beyonce and 50 cent. Then I could be part of their new campaign.