Africasgateway.com

RuSh · 17 · 6415

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
naw man fafhee its all love just protesting the cape town/jozi so called beef thats been pushed by media in the past.
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Hearing good things bout San Fran myself.Seems like a place to check out sometime.

Coming back to ur comment on the media pushing the beef in the past, it sometimes seems as though certain parts of the media enjoy perpetuating this so-called beef............today still.I dont know where its coming from and I dont know why they enjoy pushing it........its just done a little more candidly though.But the truth is...........the beef thing is just silly and non-existent in the bigger scope of things.Forget beef, just make good music. :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I wonder if anyone could actually find any conclusive example of this beef? I never heard one lyric with Cape cats dissing J-sect an vice versa.

FunnyGuy wrote some inflammatory shit in the editors note of one edition of hype mag,,, about how artists in Cape Town are always bitching about how we don't get any exposure but we can't be bothered to get our grind on. But i haven't heard anyone important say anything like that. Most artists show love to the whole of SA cause they want to sell music,,, not start beef.

Anyway,,, looking forward to seeing YN perform,,, and don't forget Writers Block tomorrow night ;)

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Although there has not been diss tracks and what not to fuel up the JHB vs CT beef, i for one definitely know it exists.A lot of people are just keeping it on the low for now, if you ask me i think it's total bullshit.

I've never really understood why there's always gotta be issues about where your from in hip-hop. You don't see Country muthaf***as in the U.S. on some Lousiana Vs. Texas shyt, or even better Maskandi dudes over here on some Umlazi vs. JeePe hostel shyt.

Why only in hip-hop? People should just Keep It Moving and get this money man!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
what up G-sus!... what's happening in the J? Hating on Cape Town are you? ;)

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
That beef sure exists and its present amongst some prominent Cape Town crews, i don't really wanna elaborate on this but i shall give one particular incident i remember well.

I've been to a gig once, where a member of one of the prominet cape town hip hop crews, while performing on stage went on to insite the crowd (and i choose the word carefully because the were cats from Jozi i know there) . He said one of their memberes, who was currently in Jozi, was of the opininion that Jozi is wack, that it was only liquor and drugs at their gigs, needless to say i was very dismayed by such statements as a son raised on Jozi HipHop. The gig was in pigs and swizzle.  I don't wanna mention any names but if you were there, you'd obviously recall this particular incident.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,,, come on now,, don't make us guess! :)

let me see,,, pig and swizzle... hmmm,,, didn't Writers Block just peform there recently? ;)

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
There's a lot of inner regional beef or even city beef purely based on nothing really.I mean, there's lots of beef between ppl of the same city, town or even street sometimes.Its crazy man...........and many times, no one can really trace the origins thereof.

As for the Jozi-CT thing...........there's always been that unwritten beef, but I do think that its been documented on 'wax' once or 2wice too.I cant be too certain, but I think I've heard or seen.Not so much from known ppl, more unknown ppl.

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
hahah,,, come on now,, don't make us guess! :)

let me see,,, pig and swizzle... hmmm,,, didn't Writers Block just peform there recently? ;)

Yes, They were, at the AFRO gig, I'm sure they'd remember the incident if they were in the main hall during the performances. It wasn't them though.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hmmm,,, the plot thickens :)

unfortunately my detective skills only go so far,,, so someone else is gonna have to piece this one together.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
FYI, there's even a JHB vs. PTA beef brewing up which i noticed first-hand recently. Shit is stupid man!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
have also heard about "intra crew beef" between a certain emcee & his alter ego nogal...
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "afterbirth"
have also heard about "intra crew beef" between a certain emcee & his alter ego nogal...

Darnit..........thought I was the only one who thought of this idea.I been thinking of it for a few years now.........guess I'll scrap it now. :lol:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
just saw a video by some uk indian rapper/singer called jay sean where his rapper alter-ego disses his singer alter-ego.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
that's sum crazy ish...  8O  i was just f*cking around to show how stoopid these contrived beefs are!
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato