Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

SA Hip Hop is dead if...

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
we admit and give salience to that absurd proposition that Teargas is a hip hop outfit. its bad enough that the same happenned for h2o- those cats arn't rappers, my brother and i maintain (had this conversation with my older brother initialy). we respect Slice for coming out repping Kwaito...f*** he has a better flow than most cats.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
what the f*** is a teargas?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
TEARGAS is hot, aint heard their other songs though
wats up with yall discriminating against venac rappers huh

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I don't understand the hate on Teargas. I like their song. The beat is cool, the concept is dope, the lyrics are dope, so exactly what is wrong. Is it that their are rapping in Zulu ?????

IF you could give them criticism on how they could have done their song better what would you say ????? To me the track is dope. Stop the unneccesary hate.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
what the f*** is a teargas?

morph

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MrC"
I don't understand the hate on Teargas. I like their song. The beat is cool, the concept is dope, the lyrics are dope, so exactly what is wrong. Is it that their are rapping in Zulu ?????

IF you could give them criticism on how they could have done their song better what would you say ????? To me the track is dope. Stop the unneccesary hate.

Co sing on tha isshh nothing wrong with that joint actually i think from my perspective it's better than some of these heavy air played songs on radio down home  8)
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
wats up with yall discriminating against venac rappers huh

who said anythig about vernac rappers? those teargas guys are not rappers, period. there are lots of vernac rapprs that burn it up. i have mad respect for anyone who finds their flow in vernac- that reflects more artistry than an english rapper. finding a flow in Zulu cant be a walk in the park, simply because of the nature of the language. which is why i respect Zuluboy...and so it goes for any other language, african especially.

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "melanin latte"

those teargas guys are not rappers, period.

Why do u say TearGas r not rappers.U clearly say its not bcoz they deliver in vernac.

What's wrong with their delivery/and or content to the point where they don't even deserve the title "wack rapper".

Please enlighten us on your definition of "rapper".
I stay chiseled

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
WHAT IS A TEAR GAS??????

some mp3 up!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Why do u say TearGas r not rappers.U clearly say its not bcoz they deliver in vernac.

dude they just dont cut it. drink a soda, something, take the load off. i would have better understood if Slice said he was a rapper. I would group them in that category of kwaito...that has expanded lirically...zola, brickz,bouga etc. i'm not saying they aint worth they salt as artists. but to go as far as to call them hip hop is herecy.

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Zola is on a track with Snoop and Pac !!!----

Zola will always consider himself a Kwaito artist althou he Raps

Personally i say

Kwaito is Rap and not hip hop and people need to understand that ther is a difference there

Teargas track is dope - the rap is good
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I know only the popular song from these boys. It sounds nice but they're not really good rappers. Just from that song that I know, what i heard is Hip-Hop.

A person/crew can be wack and still be Hip-Hop. I think that's the big issue here. I understand if it says Hip-Hop we tend take it personal because of the love for the culture and this form of music. As a result we get really pissed off when a crew like Teargas gets an award because we're embarra**ed because it seemes as if SA Hip-Hop is misrepresented by a Kwaito-ish group.

This is the same issue that the East had for the West Coast rap. It's about how you'd prefer an MC/rapper to sound like. Those cats yes they do sound kind of Kwaito-ish by they are rapping and sound better than an everage kwaito rapper would but not as good as an every Hip-Hop rapper. BUT the bottom line is they are rapping and they got rhymes and the beat is cool and sounds like a Hip-Hop beat.

Therefore, just from the one song that I've heard, their sound is Hip-Hop.

Now H2O:
I've heard a lot of H2O, they might not be that nice with their flow too but their music is Hip-Hop. I don't know why it's even debatable.

Sduhla

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Melanin u wastin ur time in this forum. Most people here are on the rainbow nation drug, so any garbage that comes out of S.A. is always greeted wit praise. And the prevailin logik on AG is, if sumone says they doin hip hop, then they must be doin hip hop! It's this very logic that has allowed faggots like H2O, Morafe, HHP,Myman, and the rest of them to exist for so long. If all the dudes I've mentioned are rappin, then Zola and Kabelo are the dopest rappers in this raibow nation- cause they doin the exact same thing, but are BETTA! Real Hip hop will never go anywhere in this f***en country.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I would group them in that category of kwaito...that has expanded lirically...zola, brickz,bouga etc. i'm not saying they aint worth they salt as artists. but to go as far as to call them hip hop is herecy.

Though these cats rhyme better than any of those you mentioned, I do understand your point now. makes sense.

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
dude they just dont cut it. drink a soda, something, take the load off. i would have better understood if Slice said he was a rapper. I would group them in that category of kwaito...that has expanded lirically...zola, brickz,bouga etc. i'm not saying they aint worth they salt as artists. but to go as far as to call them hip hop is herecy.

I agree with this, I would also group them with abo Zola. and Bouga Luv...

kant' bakwe2, what is HipHop.....!!!

Mina from all I know Rhyming on a track cannot make your track a HipHop track....in your script u have to have metaphors, similies and all that stuff.....I didn't get that in Teargas's track but their song is nyc...I wouldn't categories them as HipHop cats...so as JabbaMan  :lol:  :lol:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ