• this is hiphop
so my waitingbegins...man some post that shit to a ninga

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Bought this Issue...read it last night...its a nyc issue....this is the kinda issue that makes u wonder.....what the next issue will cover....seems like it covered all I needed to know about the Industry movement(s)...

Enjoyed it to the fullest....Nyc 1 Mizi
and the music too..... :wink:  :wink:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hypemagazine.co.za
D.I?
As opposed to putting SABC 1 presenter, Cuma Masicila there? (August 2006 issue). Or Joelle' the super model (April 2006). The mag did have Lebo Mashile on, who is soulful, and that was one of the better ones. This is a hip hop mag so when I started I decided never to put models and SABC  presenters there again because they do not represent hip hop. I would rather give exposure to those who are contributing to the game. D.I forms part of hip hop in SA. She is contributing to the game - neg/positively?
The header reads 'love her or hate her'. Its fine if you hate her. And its fine if you dislike us for putting her on. When I put her on I anticipated negitivity towards the move. I decided to go ahead because I have a responsibility towards the hip hop scene. HYPE will read as a history series in 30 years time and must be a reflection of what happened in 2006. D.I is part of hip hop today and is making big moves. Her story will be documented.

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Don't get it twisted. I've got no hate for the magazine. I appreciate the fact that it's doing it's part with regards to hip hop. I just think the "Soul Sista" title didn't fit her description at all :evil: . If it was just an article about her I wouldn't give a shit, but the fact that you see her as a "Soul Sista" is what confuses me.Thanks for clearing that up though. You're doing a pretty decent job as an editor. The mag has improved a great deal with regard to content. D.I-Love Her or Hate Her? Couldn't give a f*** what happens to her 8)
quot;Life's a bitch and drugs don't work!"

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Personally, I'm glad u guys featured her.Since I heard her "I get wetter than a tap faucet" line on that 985 joint "Utlwa" I've been curious about her.

I think the game needs female MCs like her to balance things out.I like her sexual innuendo its amusing to me.Its sex parody and its got nothing to do with how she is as a real person.Reminds me of Lil' Kim on "Hardcore" in some ways.

She's hot to me so I always wondered what her headspace was really like.She looks like she's dealing with real things having a baby, being in the biz and all that so having a feature on her was cool to me.

I don't think she lacks soul.Soul sistas and brothers don't have to wear dashikis, bangles, beads and do conventional poetry etc.

Like Dre said:

I don't rock medallions, dreadlocks or black fists/
its just that gangsta glare with gangsta raps.

She keeps it real in her own way and I honestly don't think she's an embara**ment to women.

From the article it looks like she's about staying true to her man and her child whilst not sacrificing her dreamz.I don't know what is more admirable than that in a woman.Isn't this what feminism is all about.

Her lyrical material is more entertainment driven which I believe is also needed in Hip-Hop and given her goals as an MC her metaphors are pretty tite and amusing given that she's out to entertain.

Personally I'm glad u guys did a feature on her.

Altho' I'm not too sure about ur stance on SABC figures. U never know some of them might be headz in disguise just trying to make a dollar and we could learn a thing or two about hustling from them.

All I'm saying let's not just discount peeps coz u never know what's in their soul and what we could learn from them.
I stay chiseled

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
No one said she must wear earth colours and headwraps or even be conscious for that fact. :roll: From past issues, I got the impression that the soul sista is meant to be inspirational in some way and trust me, I wouldn't want my kids looking up to someone like that,not even my dog. Obviously this whole music thing is purley about entertainment to her. It's not a reflection of her true personality. Don't know her and this is not a personal attack to the individual, I just don't like the image she's portraying. The fact that the only substance there is to her lyrics is her sexual description of shit bores the f*** out of me. :x  She makes it seem as though the only soul she has is the shit between her legs. Who gives a f*** about the different positions you can take it up the a**? :evil:  Even lil'kim has better things to rap about even though she's also explicit. I don't want to listen to an mc and have to say WOW,that's a nice female/male mc. I want to say nice mc!
It's different strokes for different folks so you can go ahead and support bullshit and excuse f***ed up music just because it from a hot girl.Skwatta does a crap album and everyone is on their case. D.I talks bullshit and suddenly it's ok coz she's bringing in a different element. f*** that.I'm not going to make excuses and settle for shit just because there's a lack of "female mcs" :!:
quot;Life's a bitch and drugs don't work!"

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Camron"
You mad doggy

Tell em why you mad saskia  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That not good enough for ya?

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Saskia"
No one said she must wear earth colours and headwraps or even be conscious for that fact. :roll: From past issues, I got the impression that the soul sista is meant to be inspirational in some way and trust me, I wouldn't want my kids looking up to someone like that,not even my dog. Obviously this whole music thing is purley about entertainment to her. It's not a reflection of her true personality. Don't know her and this is not a personal attack to the individual, I just don't like the image she's portraying. The fact that the only substance there is to her lyrics is her sexual description of shit bores the f*** out of me. :x  She makes it seem as though the only soul she has is the shit between her legs. Who gives a f*** about the different positions you can take it up the a**? :evil:  Even lil'kim has better things to rap about even though she's also explicit. I don't want to listen to an mc and have to say WOW,that's a nice female/male mc. I want to say nice mc!
It's different strokes for different folks so you can go ahead and support bullshit and excuse f***ed up music just because it from a hot girl.Skwatta does a crap album and everyone is on their case. D.I talks bullshit and suddenly it's ok coz she's bringing in a different element. f*** that.I'm not going to make excuses and settle for shit just because there's a lack of "female mcs" :!:

So on what basis do u say she doesn't qualify as a Soul Sista.What criteria are u using or do u suggest we or HYPE for that matter should use. Coz to me Soul sita/brothahood is more than skin deep.

She certainly seems like a feminist to me.This is not about some sort of Hip-Hop affirmative action.

I'm not excusing her skillz coz there's a shortage of femal MCs.Her stuff appeals to me on a comedic level.Same reason I listen to Snoop, Dr Dre,  Eminem Lil' Kim and NWA. Their shit honestly is funny as hell to me and that's how her stuff comes across to me as well. So I like her material for its entertainment value. She fits quite well within a certain sub-genre of Hip-Hop.

As far as how she can take it up the a**, I don't think she literally means it, its just to shock and entertain.It also makes me laugh bcoz of the irony created by the raunchiness of what she's saying in contrast to her looks and age which are deceptively innocent.

So to me given what she raps about and how she actually lives she's very responsible and focused. She's a female hustler and a feminist. Like Trina or Kim. She's also keeping it true to the father of her child as well the child without giving up on her own dreams.

What I also admire about her situation is that both her and the man are doing things together.They're a Hip-Hop family and I respect them for that.

Clearly the attractions and lure of the game have not blinded her from what's really important in life.I don't know what could be more inspirational than that.

Like u said tho'its different strokes for different folks and if u don't feel her then u just don't feel her period.
I stay chiseled

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hypemagazine.co.za
What do you think of the comic strip?

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: "kingdavid"

hope the next issue got more artists from all nine provinces

co-sign

peeps are starting to call it "Hype the pta editions"

dont ask me why.......(as if we all dont know)

the brand®

• AG Veteran
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile

co-sign

the brand®

• AG Veteran
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile

co-sign