Africasgateway.com

Eskom increase

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Suddenly I feel like stayin gin my parents' house till I die.

25% ? Seriously?

And then these motherf***ers claim they have the welfare of the poor at heart? Most of us already struggle to cope and we are middle cla**. How the f*** are the poor folk gonna survive?

This is disgusting, because if it weren't for the poor management of the rich fat cats that won't feel the increase at all due to their ma**ive salaries and graft, we wouldn't need this shit.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
This was expected though...

f*** ESKOM
Real Recognise Real

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
well its better than 33%

I think what ESKOM need to do is fix they billing system! or chargin system.

In PTA I stayed in a three bedroom place with two other people...we would sleep with the light on, and music blaring no turning off Gysers....what I am saying is we USED the MAXIM possible for electricity...for three years the most I ever what charged was....R235 and I went and queried it coz I was used to paying 200R even in winter with three heaters,,

I can back to the J the first month for a two bedroom conservative electricity users and I got charged R700....what the f*** shit is that?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
well its better than 33%

In PTA I stayed in a three bedroom place with two other people...we would sleep with the light on, and music blaring no turning off Gysers....what I am saying is we USED the MAXIM possible for electricity...for three years the most I ever what charged was....R235 and I went and queried it coz I was used to paying 200R even in winter with three heaters,,

I can back to the J the first month for a two bedroom conservative electricity users and I got charged R700....what the f*** shit is that?
COSIGN BriCK
My average bill is around R500 a month, in December i was hardly at my place and i dont remember cooking the whole month let alone play music/movies etc...However my bill came to R645 for that month, now how the f*** does that happen?
and when you go to enqiure, nobody knows shit, you only get sent from pillar to post! At some point i even considerd going to that consumer rights show on SABC...I repeat

f*** ESKOM!!!
Real Recognise Real

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
well its better than 33%

COSIGN BriCK
My average bill is around R500 a month, in December i was hardly at my place and i dont remember cooking the whole month let alone play music/movies etc...However my bill came to R645 for that month, now how the f*** does that happen?
and when you go to enqiure, nobody knows shit, you only get sent from pillar to post! At some point i even considerd going to that consumer rights show on SABC...I repeat

f*** ESKOM!!!

I had the same problem last year. Wasn't there the whole of December, came back and my bill was R500 some odds. When I took that up with body corporate they said that if you live in a complex you get billed according to the average electricity usage in the complex. So even if you don't use electricity the people in your complex do and you pay for that. Sucks a** if you ask me.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
meters people. get them.

i got screwed for around R1,200 once. in a one room joint over two months.

apparently, before this the electrcity in SA was ridiculously cheap by international standards, so i suppose this a quick catch up.

honestly, though, a lot of people f***ed around with those municipal bills. those things accrue interest?

but at the same time, a lot of us have been shamelessly wasting this shit...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:38:04 PM by Istayela Nemali »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
That SA electricity story is cheap, so we have to deal with it shit is stupid, because they are comparing it to Developed countries where 65% of the population don't live below the bread line and where a government parastatal doesn't have a monopoly on electricity provision.

Why is it, when they are talking defending their f*** ups, our government is quick to say, "don't compare our situation with Developed countries, because they have more money etc. But, when they try to justify a f*** up, they also compare us to developed countries and try to tell us how good we have it?

f*** them. I am really thinking of quitting my job and starting a guerilla anarchist movement. Who's down? I have an cool idea for uniforms.

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Prepaid electricity is better y'all. I'm just gasping at these  ridiculous amounts y'all paying, I pay a hundred bucks for mine and its two people living here. Just saw this on morning live now, shit is messed. Black people better start protesting, some idiot said that's all we're good for lol f*** I hate CPT and it's c*** of  people!
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
This is f***ed up  I think people should start using solar energy appliances or go for prepaid  and how much did they pay thier ex boss.

this Zuma is just costing us man the ANC and his cabinet haven't really done anything to convince me so far nothing is becoming better SMH @ their manifesto and freedom charter

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:53:21 AM by Ramorethetho »
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Power stations were supposed to be built around 92(starting time), but there was a recession that year followed by political changes and after 94 no one bothered to look at it again, now its coming back to bite everyone.

Its the f***ing goverment that lacks vision for this country because they were well aware of eskom's plans to build more power station for the future(around 92)...if they were built around that time there will be no need for tarrif hikes now, eskom will be just putting them in operation because it takes around 15 years to build a world cla** power station with mad outputs.

Its urgent now that the country gets more power stations and we all know its gonna be a rush rush job built by incompetent contractors owened by politicians(we all know how the tender process works around these parts: enter Malema)

co-sign on prepaid. in Midrand I was on prepaid and now I'm on the same boat as other AGians...i guess i will use the money i was using for petrol to pay electricity since  i pay faaar less on petrol now.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Co-sign liquidz on truth.com
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
This is all Thabo Mbeki and his regime's doing. Everything we're going through in this country is because of them. We are now dealing with the after-effects. From CRIME, CORRUPTION, a FAILING HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, EDUCATION, ESKOM, the list is endless. All these things started becoming problems during his reign.No wonder Malema and them decided to kick his a** to the curb sooner than later.

Don't blame Zuma for nada.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
y'all should have seen this coming...here is  Eskom's long list of excuses for power outages

Birds are shittin on power lines..., wild fires are causing it, phase imbalances ( dont ask me what that means please), fog...the motherf***in fog???..then it was the rain and now they have decided that.... its you and me.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
This is all Thabo Mbeki and his regime's doing. Everything we're going through in this country is because of them. We are now dealing with the after-effects. From CRIME, CORRUPTION, a FAILING HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, EDUCATION, ESKOM, the list is endless. All these things started becoming problems during his reign.No wonder Malema and them decided to kick his a** to the curb sooner than later.

Don't blame Zuma for nada.

Actually it's not just him but the Madiba cabinet as well. Around 95 and 96 they were reportedly told that Eskom has to build more stations because the apartheid gvt did not invest in power (and rail for that matter). But none of them listened. Instead we pushed for free electricity and RDP (understandably of course). We paying the price of apartheid neglect, Madiba and Mbeki cabinet inaction and Zuma gvt twisting priorities.