Africasgateway.com

Guru Had a heart attack!!!!!!currently in coma

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

One of Hip Hop's most influential emcees is presently in critical condition, several sources say. Guru, one half of pioneering '80s, '90s and '00s Brooklyn-based Hip Hop group Gang Starr suffered a heart attack this weekend, according to the emcee and producer's sister Tricia.

HipHopWired.com says that the emcee, born Keith Elam is presently in a coma from complications of going into cardiac arrest. Guru is best known for penning hits such as "Words I Manifest," "Discipline" and "Just To Get A Rep." Between 1986 and 2004, Guru (an acronym Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal) founded Gang Starr, a duo with DJ Premier that also includes Gang Starr Foundation affiliates Big Shug, Group Home, Jeru Da Damaja and Smiley Da Ghetto Child.

Born and raised in the Boston area, Guru relocated to Brooklyn in the late '80s, where Gang Starr released its first singles with 45 King as producer. By 1988, the group evolved as a duo with Premier, and released their 1989 full-length debut No More Mr. Nice Guy on Wild Pitch Records. The duo would go on to release cla**ic albums on Chrysalis/Virgin/EMI, such as 1994's Hard To Earn and 1998's Moment Of Truth. Gang Starr's last album, 2003's The Ownerz featured Jadakiss, Fat Joe and longtime affiliate Freddie Foxxx. The platinum group toured the world and released several greatest hits collections, most notably Full Clip: A Decade Of Gang Starr in 1999. The duo announced their split in 2004, reportedly due to creative and personal differences.

As a solo artist, Guru released four volumes of Jazzmatazz, Jazz-inspired recordings with legendary genre artists such as Donald Byrd and Roy Ayers. Guru has launched two labels in his career, Ill Kid Records and 7Grand, where he and production partner Solar worked alongside artists such as Talib Kweli, Damian Marley and Jean Grae.

HipHopDX extends prayerful thoughts to one of our staff's most-respected emcees, the Elam family, Solar, DJ Premier and fans. We will keep you updated.

rest of story here: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10731/title.gang-starrs-guru-goes-into-cardiac-arrest-in-a-coma

That not good enough for ya?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
lets hope he will get well
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
respekt to Guru.. cat's mad talented.. my prayers are with him and his familia..

but how come you can say "f***" the nigga from around the way.. your South African brother..

but you go all mushy about a cat that makes crazy dollars and has never shared a single one with you and yours.. a cat that doesn't even know you exist??

The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
respekt to Guru.. cat's mad talented.. my prayers are with him and his familia..

but how come you can say "f***" the nigga from around the way.. your South African brother..

but you go all mushy about a cat that makes crazy dollars and has never shared a single one with you and yours.. a cat that doesn't even know you exist??

what the shit are you talking about

That not good enough for ya?

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
from Q-Tip (via twitter) Spoke to preemo. He's in surgery still keep praying. He's still here.

Hope he pulls thru!!

Its mostly the voice that gets you up........
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:22:59 AM by Jules Winnfield »
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Cool I heard the same... Let's hope for the best, that just shook me up pretty good, he's had a big impact on my life, I had the chance to hangout with him in 98, he's mad cool people, I really hope he gets back on his feet.

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
"Above the Clouds, Above the clouds where the sounds are original....infinite skillz create miracles...warriors spiritual...."

God Bless Guru!!! Get well soon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Dj Scratch (via twitter) "Guru's surgery was successful. Keep the positive energy & prayers going!"
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.