Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

PRECIOUS

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
...because the what matters usually goes unseen.

id just like to begin by saying that i love oprah winfrey and tyler perry.

"In 1987, obese, illiterate, black 16-year-old Claireece Precious Jones (Gabourey Sidibe) lives in Harlem with her dysfunctional mother, Mary (Mo'Nique). She has been impregnated twice by her father, Carl, and suffers long term physical, mental and sexual abuse from her unemployed mother. The family resides in a Section 8 tenement and subsists on welfare. Her first child, known only as "Mongo" (short for "Mongoloid"), has Down syndrome and is being cared for by Precious's grandmother."

from the hands of the producer of 'monsters ball' now also in the directors chair, lee daniels. the film adaptation of a novel entitled 'push' by author and performance poet sapphire. a film released without a distributor at first, with oprah winfrey and tyler perry stepping on board as executive producers later on, in what is described as a promotional push. and here we are, nominated for 6 oscars and i can honestly that, in an oscars of some heavy rollers, if they dont take away atleast some things, then the system officially becomes a joke. it moves from being a dark horse into a must for me. that includes comedian mo'nique. a first timer of such of capacity in gabourey sidibe.

reviews as they tend to be, can be varied in the criticism and praise. i would say you would be fools for not checking for this and say it with conviction. people need to see this.

go and see this you guys.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
too lazy to read the review but because its you who recommends it, i will get to watching now. got it on my computer.

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
This was a TERRIBLE movie. Really BAD. Maybe the hype didnt live up to the expectation for me. I saw this with my girlfriend and her younger sister, who i may add are huge fans of Tyler Perry flicks, and Monique. They hated it as much as i did. The theme in this movie is highly monotonous as well. Its so dreary and drawn out.

What a lousy movie, and a complete waste of perfectly good time.
Beating bitches since 1982.

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Tyler Perry is overrated...his plots are monotonous...I wont bother watching this because I dont think he has the caliber to pull off a story line so strong...He a Madea writer

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
i second threadz on this one. this joint is GARBAGE. i can even remotely see what the nomination is for??
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
this joint sucks as does oprah and tyler perry, this is merely another vehicle for hollywood to feel good about itself oh and f*** the blindside too

That not good enough for ya?

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
as it turns out Mo'nique took the best supporting actress for her role in Precious!

im glad avatar didn't take best picture. the hater in me wanted the ex wife to take it, and she did.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
as it turns out Mo'nique took the best supporting actress for her role in Precious!

im glad avatar didn't take best picture. the hater in me wanted the ex wife to take it, and she did.

hurt locker is meh after the 1st 30 minutes, tarantino was due for a gotdamn oscar

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

hurt locker is meh after the 1st 30 minutes, tarantino was due for a gotdamn oscar

i agree with you on the tarantino argument
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

feels like they just threw us a bone with that moniqe shit, sam jackson new it too

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Mo'nique :o an oscar? :o ....how that happend????

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I endorse that best supporting actor winner in inglorious bastards with his dry humour. "yes indeed im the leader of the SS i run the army,If hitler is God then im Jesus"

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I think she's earned it. Especially seeing the kind of roles she's been cast in, in her career thus far. This was a breathrough performance to not playing the fat jolly biatch henceforth .

Samuel L Jackson's also been badly typecast, No? So that nullifies his reaction. I reckon he just dissed himself.

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
I think she's earned it. Especially seeing the kind of roles she's been cast in, in her career thus far. This was a breathrough performance to not playing the fat jolly biatch henceforth .

Samuel L Jackson's also been badly typecast, No? So that nullifies his reaction. I reckon he just dissed himself.

Halle Berry played many brilliant roles but she gets an oscar for gettin f***d by Billy Bob(hate this old bastard! lol)....Mo'nique has been playn childs play roles for almost her whole career, she plays one serious role and deserves an oscar for it????
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:48:31 PM by krimzin »

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
How about she pulled off the character really well and hence deserves it?