Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Ill Skillz to record an album in 24h

Heavy Words

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • Heavywords.co.za
Yip, it's a done deal..Ill Skillz, has partnered with the Red Bull Music Academy to shoot a unique reality show aimed at teaching music enthusiast how to make an album in 24 hours.
read more http://www.heavywords.co.za/ill-skillz-album-in-24-hours.html

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Like how Saigon & Statik Selektah did in "ALL IN A DAY'S WORK" project?
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Or like 9th Wonder and Skyzoo - Cloud 9:The 3 Day High

did it in 3 days

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
perhaps the tille of the thread is misleading. this is not about doing an ablum in 24hours (yes thats what they'll be doing) but about more than that. Im just searching to find of I have any press release mail so i can post it here. be back if i find one.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
well look..depending on how many tracks...lacing vocals...mix and master....final cut etc...this is kind of impossible but also not impossible...
if they on par then i say...mos def lace voals for the day...then its up to the producers to get the rest done..with in 24hrs?..or am i out of tune here?
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Hai, Im a fan of perfection(or chasing it that is)....an album dont in 24 hours is dumb in my eyes...why rush??? what is you tryna prove???

With 9th and Sky it was a spur of the moment thing, they was chilling in the studio and 9th was playing beats and Sky just starting writing and BAM! (I read about it lol)....now, correct if Im wrong but, yal planning to do this???

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Kool Savas, Illmatic, Katch & DJ Release did it in Germany, and it was actually a nice album.

The group project was called 'Freunde der Sonne' (Friends of the Sun), and the album was called 'Nur Noch 24 Stunden' (Only 24 hours left),

I think Edan did a similar thing once, where he recorded an album in a week, just to turn the pressure up. I wouldn't discount this album, sometimes it's better to not take all day with something! (pun intended) badoom-boom!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
HIT Entertainment says:
This week sees the culmination of months of planning, revising and re-working coming together for the Ill Skillz 'Skillz that pay the billz' - 24 hour album

This event will see your boys recording, mixing, mastering recording a video, doing a photoshoot and releasing the album all within a 24 hour period

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Ok that makes sense, lyrics and beats n what not is all there....its just a a**embly project, ayt that can be done

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Ok that makes sense, lyrics and beats n what not is all there....its just a a**embly project, ayt that can be done

The lyrics are already written yes. I dont know about the beats though.

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt

Haikona...thats madness, they gonna make beats and record in 24 hours??? lol are they gonna sleep?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Haikona...thats madness, they gonna make beats and record in 24 hours??? lol are they gonna sleep?

logic tells me the beats are already made but i cannot come here and just say yes the beats are made if i havent heard them say so.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
Kaboom nuccas!!!

Don't hate, Participate for f*** sake.

Lord have mercy.

'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
Ok cool fellas.

Lets make this official... peep the press release below and get more insight.

After months of research and development in the lab, Ill-literate-Skill brings you another ground breaking event..the 24 hour album!

The Skillz that Pay the Billz - Can without question lay claim to being the 1st ever 24hour album recorded in Africa!

Painstakingly put together the duo have decide to call on some of their closest producers, friends, colleagues and collaborators.

The event will comprise:

1. Recording, mastering and mixing the joints.

2. Photo shoot.
3. Video shoot.

4. Press conference, and lastly the…

5. Album launch to be held at Mersey Bar in Cape Town, later that night.

Join and follow what what will truly be a landmark in the African hip hop scene. The end product of this whole project will be released as free-download album as well as a reality show which will be air-ed by Vuzu TV and Channel O.

Also going out live via stream, twitter.com/illskillzmusic, facebook.com/ill-literate-skill and also launching hit.tv.

Features include John Robinson, Macho, 5th Floor, Zaki Ibrahim and still a few more to be confirmed. Our production list includes Planet Earth, Nyambz, Sibot, pH and the Ill Skillz Playas.
Lets get buzzay and totally berserk!!!
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.