Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Erykah - Window Seat

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
I loved the video, I remember one time on twitter she asked people to give their own definitions of the word groupthink. I get what she’s going for in the video, that whenever one of us tries to emancipated one’s thoughts from the group, you get executed hence so many of us are afraid. (her naked body getting shot at the end) I like the lyrics too but am a bit disappointed, I thought they’d be much more mind blowing than they currently are.

Definition of groupthink:
Groupthink is a type of thought exhibited by group members who try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, and evaluating ideas. Individual creativity, uniqueness, and independent thinking are lost in the pursuit of group cohesiveness, as are the advantages of reasonable balance in choice and thought that might normally be obtained by making decisions as a group. During groupthink, members of the group avoid promoting viewpoints outside the comfort zone of consensus thinking. A variety of motives for this may exist such as a desire to avoid being seen as foolish, or a desire to avoid embarra**ing or angering other members of the group. Groupthink may cause groups to make hasty, irrational decisions, where individual doubts are set aside, for fear of upsetting the group’s balance. The term is frequently used pejoratively, with hindsight.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:24:30 PM by Uyanda »
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
in her own words:

The Dallas-born entertainer strips down in Dealey Plaza in the city centre, and falls to the ground with a jerk at the sound of a rifle shot, which was edited into the five-and-a-half minute video.

Badu, who was dubbed the Queen of Neo-Soul in the 1990s and who draws on jazz and hip-hop influences, said the song was about "liberating yourself from layers and layers of skin or demons".

She told the Dallas Morning News in an interview that she chose the famous 'gra**y knoll' at Dealey Plaza because "it was the most monumental place in Dallas I could think of". 

Kennedy was shot in the head in 1963 while driving through Dealey Plaza in an act that stunned Americans and the world. The a**a**ination site is widely considered sacred ground.

Badu said the video was a bid to awaken interest in a 1950s term called 'groupthink' in which a person is afraid to express themselves for fear of being ostracised by the wider public.

"When I fall to the ground in the video, the word groupthink spills out of my head because I was a**a**inated by groupthink", she said.

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
smh

Real talk.
Art had nothing to do with that video. Everybody knows she looking for another baby daddy, and she had to show a titty to get one. Holler back in 9months. You heard it here first.
Beating bitches since 1982.

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
smh

Real talk.
Art had nothing to do with that video. Everybody knows she looking for another baby daddy, and she had to show a titty to get one. Holler back in 9months. You heard it here first.

LMAO she should just holla at you Threadz hey
M Turn

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
smh

Real talk.

LMAO she should just holla at you Threadz hey

No doubt. I got ample nut to spare.
Beating bitches since 1982.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
take the looks and her singin skill...and she just another crazy pothead black hoe!

I have never read or heard a single interview where she makes and sense! I always over look it saying...Cummon dawg! thats Badu!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
smh

Real talk.

*DECEASED*
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Couldnt this broad come up with fresher concepts on her music video *sigh*  yeah i cosign brick take away the singing skills.....she a hoe, To me a broad with 3 kids from 3 different men is a skhepereshe, ivraushe,idikazi etc

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Couldnt this broad come up with fresher concepts on her music video *sigh*  yeah i cosign brick take away the singing skills.....she a hoe, To me a broad with 3 kids from 3 different men is a skhepereshe, ivraushe,idikazi etc

dude. whose yardstick are u judging her by? thats some bullshit right there that u are saying. u have no idea what her circumstances are,  f*** outta here with that bullshit!  >:( >:(
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up