Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

The Best Beats Ever

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
I know its actually impossible to narrow down a list of beats that universally apllies to everybody. I just want to know what other producers are on. So hears my Top Ten all time favourite beats, what are yours.

1. Dr. Dre - Nothing But A G Thing (The Chronic, 1992)

Producer: Dr. Dre

To date this is still my favourite beat because of how 'easy' it sounds. The ba** line is the catchiest and also the most fun sounding. I've ever heard and the drum is just so funky. The drums are looped from Leon Haywood's "I Wanna Do Something freaky To You." The ba** though from the same track, was replayed as are all the other elements. This track doesn't try to hard to please, it just did with laid back ease.

2. 2Pac - Ambitionz Az A Ridah (All Eyez On Me, 1996)

Producer: Dat Nigga Daz

I don't know what it is about this beat but its banging as hell. The element of danger in it just tickles my spinal chord. Its nothing special in terms of construction(It was built solely on a keyboard.), but it is incredibly dope and one of the reasons All Eyes On Me is a cla**ic. Boom-Boom-Kah! Boom-Ba-Boom-Kah!

3. Wu Tang Clan - Semi Automatic Full Rap Metal Jacket (High School High, 1996)

Producer: The RZA

I remember the first time I heard this beat and how ape shit I went on the intro. By the time U-God jumped on it, I was sold. RZA was just in the zone at that time and this for me was my favourite from high school high.

4. Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody (One In A Million, 1997)

Producer: Timbaland

I'm not really a Hip-Hop/ R&B kind of guy but f*** this beat was just too ridiculous for me. I had never heard anything so original and so funky in my life. Timbaland really changed the game when he dropped this gem. The pattern is crazy.

5. A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation (Midnight Marauders, 1993)

Producer: A Tribe Called Quest

Another laid back joint that completely rocked my world. I think it was the first time I heard anyone use the, "Inside My Love" break loop. What killed me though is the 3/4 timing and how smooth it sounded, so much so that I only noticed it in the year 2000, 7 years after the first time I heard it.

6. Ghostface Killah - Stroke Of Death (Supreme Clientele, 2000)

Producer: RZA

Another RZA beat I always go ape shit over. I used to love J-Live's "Bragging Writes" especially how the beat sounded like a DJ taking a phat old school record and scratching it to loop while J rips it. For me this beat is the best version of that concept, looping 1 bar of "Ain't No Sunshine" and brining it back with a nasty scratch while Ghost, Solomon Childs and RZA freestyle, cla**ic hip-hop.

7. Outkast - Spottieottiedopalicious (Aquemini, 1998)

Producer: Earthtone 3

Man Aquemini blew my mind with how many different musical movements they explored and this track was the climax. Mixing raggae, spoken word poetry, seventies funk and boom bap, Spottieottiedopalicious is cla**ic Outkast.

8. Outkast - B.O.B (Bombs Over Baghdad) (Stankonia, 2000)

Producer: Earthtone 3

Talk about Blitzkrieg. Outkast have always been daring and sophisticated and no other track captures that spirit more than B.O.B. A futuristic, Miami ba** meets a college marching band furiously fast paced banger.

9. Jeru Da Damja - D' Original (The Sun Rises In The East, 1994)

Producer: DJ Premier

Yeah, yeah, "Come Clean" is incredible too but for me, personally this was my jam. The rawness of the detuned piano, made flip in awe of Premo's stripped down genius. I remember wondering, "How did he know I was gonna love this shit like I do?" The drum was so dirty no matter on CD or TDK it sounded like an old tape I forgot and found again, I really love that.

10. Kanye West - We Major (Late Registration, 2005)

Producer: Kanye West

This beat is incredible. Old school drum pattern over a jazz climax...It had been a while since any kind of beat thrilled my sensed and this one did. It sounds like something Doom would've done but alas it was Mr. West. Adding Nas to it was a nice touch well done sir.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:06:32 AM by Gemini aka Gembot »

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
dont take this the wrong way but...is this REALLY YOUR list ??? , or did someone else, (who i a**ume must get paid for such through knowledge and presentation) write it and you copied ???   :-\

in other words, FABRICATE MUCH   ??? :-[

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Thats my list man, whats yours

not taking anything away from your list fam, like i said, very thorough dissection on your part...me, i just listen, wouldnt really be able to list my fav beats in decending or ascending order, let alone with the kind of critical analysis you have....if you dont mind my asking, are you proffessinally trianed (sound engineer) or are u a listener?...

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
I make beats - Ground Works, Cashless Society, I engineer and I listen

Knowledge

• What a dream. Life is an illusion
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
So you are the one who flipped some beats on the TAO OF TUMI EP.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:12:47 AM by Knowledge The Drum Beater »

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
This is impossible to draft...too many dope beats...too many dope producers