Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Sound Experiments: Bubbling

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Since last year, I became interested in this genre called "Bubbling". It's said to come from Suriname, a Dutch speaking country in South America and became big in the Netherlands. Bubbling is still familiar in the Netherlands as it was during the 90s but not as popular as it once was. In Suriname, it is a mix of Dancehall Reggae breaks speeded up, but in the Netherlands, it adds more Techno beats as opposed to Reggae (similar to how Kuduro differs in Angola and Portugal). Here's an example:

Dj Moortje - The Score (Suriname/Netherlands)

Jax - Oldskool Bubbling (Suriname)

DJ Chuckie - Drop That Beat (Netherlands)

Dj Lroy - Blakka Djonko Megamix (Suriname/Netherlands)

and check out some of the dances.........:

Reggie 16 Juni 1995

bjorn 16 Juni 1995

Marion 16 Juni 1995

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
BUBBLIN!! Crazy thread, haven't heard about this in a minute!! I know about bubbling through Def Rhymz after he left Zuperzonic Cru, and DJ Jan, this shit is big in holland, amongst the surinamese and guyanese, there is a similar "techno" influence in Funana from the Cape Verde Islands as well, also good dance music. (Lotta Cape Verdeans in Holland as well).. nice stuff M.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
BUBBLIN!! Crazy thread, haven't heard about this in a minute!! I know about bubbling through Def Rhymz after he left Zuperzonic Cru, and DJ Jan, this shit is big in holland, amongst the surinamese and guyanese, there is a similar "techno" influence in Funana from the Cape Verde Islands as well, also good dance music. (Lotta Cape Verdeans in Holland as well).. nice stuff M.

If ya think about it, Bubbling kinda reminds me of Reggaeton (Spanish Reggae) a little bit, with the history and beats of the music and all. I know that here in Connecticut, there is a Guyanese community but most of the Guyanese here listen to either Reggae or Chutney (Indian influenced Soca music). I know what you're saying about that Funana music from Cape Verde. Ma**achussets and Rhode Island have a Cape Verdean community that's bigger than Connecticut and it gets some play there. I feel Funana more than Cabo Love (Cape Verdian Zouk).