Africasgateway.com

Back to the City 2010

Naturelle · 111 · 50764

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Havent been in jozi since last year. I am so excited,my whole clique frm WP,EC,KZN is here. We will be based in Braamfontein we hear thats where its poppin, we have never  been there before,it will be exciting.We need to hire a minibus/quantum/caravelle they dont have that ish we stil searching.

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
it would be very kul to finally meet all the AG geeks!  ;D
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Im up in this joint! arrived last night and cant wait for tomorrow. I hope it wont rain.

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Back to the city has really changed in terms of what that show used to be all about.

The lineup doesn't impress me much and the R50 doesn't justify it either, it seems to have lost alot of flava that made that a special kind of gig.

But anyway, enjoy that shit
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
Back to the city has really changed in terms of what that show used to be all about.

The lineup doesn't impress me much and the R50 doesn't justify it either, it seems to have lost alot of flava that made that a special kind of gig.

cant say i dont know where youre coming from.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Please elaborate what you mean? I would like to understand what changes have changed your perception about it. Which artists would you have liked to see on the line up?
I think 50 bucks is fair considering thats' how much you pay to go and see one artist for a normal gig on a friday night and here you are getting 30 acts.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
im as keen as ever, but i think Raiko might be alluding to the inclusion of the likes of HHP, the Glitz Gang, Teargas etc. as opposed to the likes of Robo, thabs, Driemanskap etc.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
FULL LINE UP
Prokid
Teargas
Zaki Ibrahim
Tumi
Maggz-L-tido-Morale
AKA
JR
Archetypes
Smerf
Liquid Kzn
Flex Boogie
Projektah
Take Away
Illiterate Skills
Ricky Rick
Abdus
Khuli Chana
Driemanskap
Black Moss
Last Days Fam
Skye Wanda
Mr Selwyn
Deep Soweto
Reason
Kwesta
The Federation
Mothipa
5th Floor

Deejays
Kenzhero
Music Atlast
Dimplez
Dolla
Switch
Dj Vu (Amsterdam)
P Squared

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
yeah punks...ama be der...so all ya'll agains dat been runnin ya mouf's best be on the look out......and yeah, ama wear my blue t, easy to spot hey??

lookin foward to the driemans' perfomance...nd for the writing on the wall.

so who's the graff arts that's gonna be der?
who der dance crews dats gonna "krunk it" der?

rememba;@ nascent it's not only about the emcees nd dj's....
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
im as keen as ever, but i think Raiko might be alluding to the inclusion of the likes of HHP, the Glitz Gang, Teargas etc. as opposed to the likes of Robo, thabs, Driemanskap etc.

This. Too much swag for my liking.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
What the f*** is JR doing on that lineup?
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
oh see some cats have been added to the lineup. Fair enough..

i was saying that it used to be a free event, a gra**roots vibe, something that made it such a dope event, it brought all types of people. It was a personal statement from me something called an opinion.

I'm not a fan of half of the lineup, another choice that I think I'm entitled to? if I'm not feeling it then whats to say you cant? Who the f*** wants to see Mr Selwyn?
Back to the city was the gig where you'd see the unknown new comers against the big signed cats and it came down to the performance, now it looks like names that can accommodate a crowd willing to spend R50, I wasn't complaining bout spending R50, c'mon now, just feel the underdogs lost another gig to headliners.

With the exception of Kenny and MAL on the dj side the rest all have the same playlist?

I remember Morale getting booed at the first event, from a promotors side why would you even book that cat again, unless "his crowd" will fully pay the R50 you asking?

Just saying, it used to have something which i personally think its lost now. Nothing serious at all, i'm sure it will be a dope day, there's alot more happening and enough good acts to fulfill that besides some weak rappers included.

@ nascent don't take it personal cause you have ties to the gig? Butan still loves you

@ panic i wasn't saying thabs and robo should be on either, although i would've have liked to see Robo on, i think he does his thing and i'm sure the jhb crowd will back me on that?

But having an alternative opinion doesn't count so as you were children,
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
^^^^ Mzansi rappers have families they also have eat 
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
oh see some cats have been added to the lineup. Fair enough..

i was saying that it used to be a free event, a gra**roots vibe, something that made it such a dope event, it brought all types of people. It was a personal statement from me something called an opinion.

I'm not a fan of half of the lineup, another choice that I think I'm entitled to? if I'm not feeling it then whats to say you cant? Who the f*** wants to see Mr Selwyn?
Back to the city was the gig where you'd see the unknown new comers against the big signed cats and it came down to the performance, now it looks like names that can accommodate a crowd willing to spend R50, I wasn't complaining bout spending R50, c'mon now, just feel the underdogs lost another gig to headliners.

With the exception of Kenny and MAL on the dj side the rest all have the same playlist?

I remember Morale getting booed at the first event, from a promotors side why would you even book that cat again, unless "his crowd" will fully pay the R50 you asking?

Just saying, it used to have something which i personally think its lost now. Nothing serious at all, i'm sure it will be a dope day, there's alot more happening and enough good acts to fulfill that besides some weak rappers included.

@ nascent don't take it personal cause you have ties to the gig? Butan still loves you

@ panic i wasn't saying thabs and robo should be on either, although i would've have liked to see Robo on, i think he does his thing and i'm sure the jhb crowd will back me on that?

But having an alternative opinion doesn't count so as you were children,
i didnt mean it like that, bro. i was just pointing out the kind of gra**roots, insanely dope and largely neglected cats that made the gig for me last year. i was just pointing them out as examples, not because youre affiliated with them.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I used to think the event was giving the unknown unsigned cats a platform and also give us, who aren't into the shit you hear on the radio and see at every club or gig you go to, a chance to experience a nice music festival.

Now it has become another party with big names and teenyboppers all over the place.

I understand that people have to eat, but where do we go now?