Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

R.I.P Guru

rob_one · 65 · 17784

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
The truth will eventually come out. How we the Hip-Hop community will deal with homosexuality is just ... i don't know. I do however feel that Guru will be loved, respected and missed forever regardless of his sexual orientation if it turns out that he actually was gay.

One of the best to ever do it.

thinking about the future, Lord please bless me with daughters only
 ;D

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
this nigga on shaky ground  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637573/20100421/gangstarr.jhtml

notice how homeboy doesn't address the romantic question from sway. pretty clear they were gay lovers. if somebody asks a straight man if he had a romantic relationship with another man.....he's going to address that with a clear NO.

"are these Guru's Words?"...."Yes, ....for the most part"

THE f*** OUTTA HERE!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:18:37 PM by Union Jack »

That not good enough for ya?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
The truth will eventually come out. How we the Hip-Hop community will deal with homosexuality is just ... i don't know. I do however feel that Guru will be loved, respected and missed forever regardless of his sexual orientation if it turns out that he actually was gay.

;D

For deac jr to holla  ;D

That not good enough for ya?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The family is not aware of any foundations established by GURU.

Didn't he say something in the letter about people donating money to his charities and that Solar woudl be in charge?

Too lazy to go look, but this seems like Solar trying to cash in.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

;D

For deac jr to holla  ;D

LOL

rather that or Motho Jr

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
this nigga on shaky ground  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637573/20100421/gangstarr.jhtml

notice how homeboy doesn't address the romantic question from sway. pretty clear they were gay lovers. if somebody asks a straight man if he had a romantic relationship with another man.....he's going to address that with a clear NO.

"are these Guru's Words?"...."Yes, ....for the most part"

THE f*** OUTTA HERE!!

but think about it, if Solar is the kind of dude he appears to be from all of what we've read so far then it only makes sense that he wouldn't straight clear out the speculations on homosexuality because the more we make a big deal out of it the most likely that he will cash in on it.

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Sad, i think that he loses power of attorney as soon as guru died....the family can appoint a different attorney.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

Sway look mad as f***. LOL !!!!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I also thought he looked really mad. It looks like if it was up to him he would have used torture methods to get the truth out of Solar.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
I also thought he looked really mad. It looks like if it was up to him he would have used torture methods to get the truth out of Solar.

lol 

Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile

;D
SMH... what if the daughters the good Lord blesses you with turn out to be lesbian

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

;D
SMH... what if the daughters the good Lord blesses you with turn out to be lesbian

That, i have no problems with. They can be all lesbian im cool with that.

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
Came across this on Ughh.com

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/

The Real Gang Starr Story: RIP GURU

The rap group “Gang Starr” was born in Boston, after Big Shug gave it life with partner Keith Elam now known as “Guru”. At that time Big Shug and Guru were faced with the financial hurdle of funding their studio sessions, so they came up with a plan to solve that obstacle with a robbery plan…that plan was for “Big Shug” to do the jack and “Guru” serve as the getaway driver, but that didn’t work. Know why? Because when “Shug” was doing the robbery, “Guru” ended up getting scared and took off. So, the robbery got muffled and “Big Shug” did a three-year sentence for robbery.
While “Shug” was in jail “Guru” moved to New York City. There, he ran into “DJ Premier” who just came from Houston Texas. Together, they formed the now legendary group known as “Gang Starr”.
Gang Starr was doing well, and when “Big Shug” returned from prison “Guru” and “Premo” were rightly breaking him off paper. But here’s something what you may not know (which I always knew) Guru, whose real name is Keith Elam, was a homosexual, and he started dating a well-known homosexual from Brooklyn New york named “DJ Solar”. Solar (real name John Barry Mo’Sher) ended up breaking up “Gang Starr” because he pulled Guru away from the talented “DJ Premier”, word is Solar wanted Guru all for himself. I know this because I used to book shows for “Guru & Solar” and dude use to beat on “Guru” I swear!!! I personally witnessed someone walking in on Solar giving Guru a proper beating behind closed doors.
Sources close to HSK were touring Europe with Guru, Solar, and DJ Doo Wop & Kool Keith with Kutmasta Kurt in Fall 2005. At that time the groups had an extended week long stay in the Spanish Canary Islands off the coast of Africa. Guru happily lounged with Solar in his flip flops and swimming trunks downing Hennessy straight and snorting blow by the eightball. This is the same event where Kutmasta Kurt got his nose busted breaking up a fight between Kool Keith’s crew and a concert goer after the show. Matter of fact “Real Connections” still owes about 20,000 euros from that event.
Just this past February, Guru suffered a heart attack leaving him in a comatose state into March. That’s when Solar reportedly kept Guru’s family away from him, because he wanted full control. My sources even tell me that this “Solar” guy didn’t allow doctors to treat “Guru” properly.
When I woke up this morning, I heard the sad news that 43-year-old “Guru” had died yesterday (April 19. 2010), from cancer.
I went into complete silence, and said to myself “Life is too short.” Now, sources are telling me “Solar” is stealing royalties from the group “Gang Starr”. I guess “Solar” got “Guru” to sign over the rights to his name. To make matters worse, “Solar” is saying “Guru” left a letter to all his fans. He says in that letter (printed below), he (Guru) doesn’t want anything to do with his long time collaborator “DJ Premier” even in death…WTF!?!
This “Solar” guy seems to think we’re all a bunch of idiots. Because, “Guru” wouldn’t say any shit like that while on his death bed. “Guru’s” nephew has been speaking about this matter for a while now. Don’t believe me? Ask DJ Premier.
This may all sound harsh, but in fact Jacky and all HSK staff have a deep respect for Guru. One key component that separates Hollywood Street from any other industry blog is that we tell the truth no matter how much it may hurt or damage false images about an art we hold dear. Other sites would never report the truth rather they further perpetuate falsities.
Today I’ll remember Guru as I listen to the third “Gangstarr” album “Daily Operation”…I always liked the song “Take It Personal”. RIP GURU!!!
Scratch Head

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
one of my most 'the listenin' MC with the Premier
& them 'fake MCs, they always act hard' couldnt hav another sayin that
maY he be...

tha Tube