Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Samples - Chopped, Skrewed and Sliced If it ain't funky...Who cares?

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
I find that when I'm kicking it with other beatmakers and we discuss Producers like DJ Premier or The RZA or Dr. Dre or which ever hardcore hiphop producer worth their shit, the haters always critisize them for looping a hot peice from an older song and rhyme over it as is. Now I've always had an attitude like, "Who cares if something is dope its dope whether or not I recognise the loop, thats all that matters the dopeness." I've heard Puffy and Dr. Dre loop Ryo Kawasaki's "Bamboo Child" and both of them did marvelous things with it. They sample the same place and their respective end products aren't that different from each other. I mean hey its a killer loop. Now don't get me wrong, I commend producers when they can give a fresh approach to sampling as DJ Premier did with Galt McDermont's "Coffee" sample for "Werdz From A Ghetto Child" but does that mean I must hate Automator and Prince Paul for sampling it as is? I mean its a really phat loop. Their song, "The Truth" was phat and you know what when I discovered that they actually just looped the first couple of seconds I didn't give a f***. It was still a phat beat. So know who actually really gives a f*** how hard a producer worked on a track if the shit don't hit? And why should it bear merit if the end product is solid?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Agree, I felt the same when I heard the track RZa sampled for GZA's liquid swords. He hardly changed a thing to the track, but it hits so hard, I loved it.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
been saying this for years.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Tried and tested formula....it has never failed to work!
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
anyone can bag a sample and cuf wit it .
It's how it's all put together to move sumn 'the crowd'
MPC sampling is so sweet, then again KontackT, IntAkT, Ableton Live, Steiberg's Sampler 'forgot the name', MOTU, EMU, Battery, FL Studio etc superceeded the hardware samplers.
Might as well put your favourite plant on on them to sun tan..
Q-Tip straight jacked Pete's Samples on 'We got the Jazz' ATCQ sumn like that.. and took the props.
it's a dirty GAME...

Syklik Beatz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
  • 360°
    • View Profile
    • Syklik
Agree, I felt the same when I heard the track RZa sampled for GZA's liquid swords. He hardly changed a thing to the track, but it hits so hard, I loved it.

LMAO you signature avatar kills me
The Touch Of Elegance

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Hip hop was built on sampling, thats how it should be, if u don't like dat, eat a d*ck... I hear cats who r obssessed with strings and claps and 808s ("crunk)" beat makers saying looping a sample from an old record is like cheating & it don't show creativity... So i put one to the test and told him to sample a part of a record, up to now i ain't got the finished product, thats like 3 weeks ago... Two different producers can flip a sample different and make it dope in all sorts of ways, ain't nothing wrong with that....

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
mmmmmmmmmmm... f*** it...wat matters is the finished product.. the track ... fire is fire ....

and yeah heard (read) MrC say (write ) it for bells...if u has that dope loop why f*** wit it ...