Africasgateway.com

DISTANT RELATIVES

DAMOLAAA · 43 · 14394

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
at the end of the day i think what should take centerstage is the fact that a group of artists came together on an ALBUM (not a quincey jones & lionel ritche track) not only to talk about what is happening in AFRICA but to talk about whats been happening in our WORLD. yes, there have been numerous projects where the topic of the developing world has been a poignant aspect of musical discussion. however in my opinion, this is the first time two HUGELY internationally recognised individuals came together to make a record that soley aimed at shedding light on that and insighting debate without losing sight of the plot.

what we should take away from this more than anything is this;  what PART are we as persons going to PLAY in making sure this message, whether presented by NAS, DAMIAN, DEAD PREZ, BLACK NOISE, P.O.C, PUBLIC ENEMY or anyone else remains relevant in our rethoric about "changing the world" and not just celebrated as "another hot SONG" episode?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
at the end of the day i think what should take centerstage is the fact that a group of artists came together on an ALBUM (not a quincey jones & lionel ritche track) not only to talk about what is happening in AFRICA but to talk about whats been happening in our WORLD. yes, there have been numerous projects where the topic of the developing world has been a poignant aspect of musical discussion. however in my opinion, this is the first time two HUGELY internationally recognised individuals came together to make a record that soley aimed at shedding light on that and insighting debate without losing sight of the plot.

what we should take away from this more than anything is this;  what PART are we as persons going to PLAY in making sure this message, whether presented by NAS, DAMIAN, DEAD PREZ, BLACK NOISE, P.O.C, PUBLIC ENEMY or anyone else remains relevant in our rethoric about "changing the world" and not just celebrated as "another hot SONG" episode?

Part of what we can do is right here,
Victims No More: http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php/topic,29536.0.html

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
ait.
where did Aristotle, Greek philosopher, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great get their ish.
Why did Alexander stop before he could next move to Ethopia ...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Part of what we can do is right here,
Victims No More: http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php/topic,29536.0.html

SALUTE....!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
ait.
where did Aristotle, Greek philosopher, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great get their ish.

what of TIMBUKTU  ;)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Are you saying that one cannot make a hardcore album about Afrika and still be relevant?

no but that was the entire theme and concept. else it would just be another rap album innit!
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
ait.

what of TIMBUKTU  ;)

Sapphire & them rocks that are HARDest, Nasir said it, It is written.
Sudan, Khemit all the way to Mpumalanga -> KwaZulu Natal ...therz no denyin no phony ish, It's the game...
mad writtenz since day

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
I DON'T THINK I M FEELING "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS". sounds like a soft rock joint..
Would be dope to get an objective review on this LP

Scratch Head

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Man, Nas airing out dirty laundry on "Strong Will Continue":

"How am I supposed to stay comfy when I pay child support, alamony monthly... Only like a woman who's a rider, but only hoes want me..."

yo! felt some strong emotions on that verse man!
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
Oh yini bafe2, Mediafire please.

Also wat duz megaupload mean when they give you this: "Your IP address (......) is currently downloading a 378138218 byte RAR file" when Im actually not downloading?
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
On a more positive note: Nas & Jr Gong - "Friends" = official! Who is the vocalist in those first few seconds? Anyone know?

Don't know if you've found out yet, but it's from Angolan singer David Zé’s “Undenge Uami. Got this from the NY Time site.

Rest of the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/arts/music/16marley.html?pagewanted=2

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse