Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Art???????

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

What's happening in Cape Town? In his second solo exhibition,A Dreadful Thing Is About to Occur, Anton Kannemeyer exploits the polemics of race to explore daily life in South Africa. From black economic empowerment, to white liberalism, to the Soccer World Cup, Kannemeyer’s humour is nothing if not democratic - the joke here is on everyone, artist and audience included. It is at the Michael Stevenson Gallery until May 29.

http://www.mg.co.za/section/arts

in this day and age?? cant believe this shit!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:57:48 PM by RearrangedReality »

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
watch as all the monkeys catch feelings

That not good enough for ya?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Yep, f***ing oversensitive bitches.

It's okay to joke about everyone else, but don't let anyone dare make a joke about black folk, then its racism.
f*** you guys, I think it's hilarious. Did you miss the part where it says he plays with white folk and others too?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Yep, f***ing oversensitive bitches.

It's okay to joke about everyone else, but don't let anyone dare make a joke about black folk, then its racism.
f*** you guys, I think it's hilarious. Did you miss the part where it says he plays with white folk and others too?

You must have been asleep all this time and woke up after '94 not know what the fuss is about with racism.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Maybe if you all stop being so oversensitive and stop crying racism over everything, you might be able to appreciate the satire and the point he is trying to make.

Maybe then we can educate the truly racist.

Oversensitive fags.

And no, I am not unaware of racists. Working for one of the most conservative Afrikaans newspapers in the country, I am very aware of it every time a reader calls and asks to speak to a reporter to complain about "these damn k******s", I am reminded of it.

Then I enjoy the shock on their faces when they realise the guy with the white name is black.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Maybe if you all stop being so oversensitive and stop crying racism over everything, you might be able to appreciate the satire and the point he is trying to make.

which is?

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
I tried VERY hard not to be offended by this pic, man ufck this pig. Since when did it become cool to embrace racist isht coumaflagled in the cloak of "Hilarity"??This "art" lacks originality to even beggin with......isnt this how the Colonialists used to depict us as a form of "enlightened comedy"?

I dont like the pic......I rather not be a "liberal darkie" if this is the standard of entertainment I will subject myself to........ftshek man >:(

Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
...isnt this how the Colonialists used to depict us as a form of "enlightened comedy"?

yep

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
...isnt this how the Colonialists used to depict us as a form of "enlightened comedy"?

yep

That is exactly the point you morons.

THis is my interpretation of it, so I may be wrong, but I think he is trying to make the point of how whites (even some of the liberal ones) still see blacks as savages, who need to be saved from themselves and pitied.
Hence, the liberal lady referring to the nice rapists as "historically disadvantaged men".

On the other side, it also mocks the tendency by some black people to justify all their actions, no matter how f***ed up, by referring to their struggle and apartheid.
Apartheid isn't making us rape and kill innocent people, being a sick f*** is.

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile

yep

That is exactly the point you morons.

THis is my interpretation of it, so I may be wrong, but I think he is trying to make the point of how whites (even some of the liberal ones) still see blacks as savages, who need to be saved from themselves and pitied.
Hence, the liberal lady referring to the nice rapists as "historically disadvantaged men".

On the other side, it also mocks the tendency by some black people to justify all their actions, no matter how f***ed up, by referring to their struggle and apartheid.
Apartheid isn't making us rape and kill innocent people, being a sick f*** is.

Look here man, Im not trying to tell you how you should feel about the picture, like you said that is how you feel.....concieted a** nigga!

My view is that this is a product of his mental facilities, how can he be potraying how whites in general view us?Is he the official spokesperson for white people?This was concieved by the mind of a closet racist hoping to amuse a particular sector of people {includes blantantly racist whites and a few misguided self hating Africans}.

The over-accentuated big lipps and other features were not whispered to him by anyone, he concieved the drawing.....it is himself that he is exposing here.....not whites in general. The picture tells me more about him than white people. You said:

Apartheid isn't making us rape and kill innocent people, being a sick f*** is.replace the underlined with "being a big lipped coal black nigga is".....thats the simplest way to decipher his thought patern

And again i repeat.......this how i feel and Im dont give a f*** whether some elistist poster dont agree with me :D :D ;D
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Oversensitive fags.

And no, I am not unaware of racists. Working for one of the most conservative Afrikaans newspapers in the country, I am very aware of it every time a reader calls and asks to speak to a reporter to complain about "these damn k******s", I am reminded of it.

Then I enjoy the shock on their faces when they realise the guy with the white name is black.

So typically white liberals(a small section of white people) are represented here
white liberal look like human beings
white liberals are the victims of their pitty for blacks

blacks are represented wholly by this image. interesting perspective
blacks well look ... well the way they do in this image?
blacks are exploiting the apartheid excuse being the typical murders and rapists they are.

The pa**ion you have in defending white people doesnt surprise me anymore. It probaly make you feel as great as it does calling me a fag and a moron. good for you.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Oversensitive fags.

So typically white liberals(a small section of white people) are represented here

blacks are exploiting the apartheid excuse being the typical murders and rapists they are.

The pa**ion you have in defending white people doesnt surprise me anymore. It probaly make you feel as great as it does calling me a fag and a moron. good for you.

I think it's easy for a non-black to not find this offensive but at the end of the day it is. If you're gonna go all analytical about it then don't stop at it being nothing but a joke. Look at the history in this style of illustration. Why is it that the white liberals are ALWAYS depicted as women? Why is it that BLACKS are always barbaric? It's tiring how white people always hide their racist antics behind 'jokes and satire'. It's not funny and if you think it's not offensive then that's great. But calling people names because they do?

Speaking of tendencies it's a tendency of coloured people to remove themselves from being black when it suits them. They're attacking black people and you don't find it offensive because you're not black, however if it congratulating of celebrating being black then yes of course let's celebrate with our black brother and sisters. It's nonsense. This is nonsense and highly offensive. 

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile

Oversensitive fags.

I think it's easy for a non-black to not find this offensive but at the end of the day it is. If you're gonna go all analytical about it then don't stop at it being nothing but a joke. Look at the history in this style of illustration. Why is it that the white liberals are ALWAYS depicted as women? Why is it that BLACKS are always barbaric? It's tiring how white people always hide their racist antics behind 'jokes and satire'. It's not funny and if you think it's not offensive then that's great. But calling people names because they do?

Speaking of tendencies it's a tendency of coloured people to remove themselves from being black when it suits them. They're attacking black people and you don't find it offensive because you're not black, however if it congratulating of celebrating being black then yes of course let's celebrate with our black brother and sisters. It's nonsense. This is nonsense and highly offensive.
Yho!! Folks is gettin heated here...Cant see the pic though...
Real Recognise Real

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
First of all this has nothing to do with art. Art is expression yes but this is pure aggrevation and we've come too far for some nut to illustrate Blacks as vernful people, after 94 we could have raised hell but we focused on the economy, business comes first.

Sup with da bitches statement about being historically disadvantaged? maybe she diserves it but not all white folks are ill minded.

WHAT IS THE PONT OF THIS CARTOON?