• View Profile

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I thinkeded it werebeing brilliant.

Also likeded the one in yesterday's Sunday Times.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Kinda reminds me of the failed car bomb outside South Park offices earlier this year, over an episode  in the new season where they made fun of The Prophet
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

DarkBlood

There is a particular overlapping zone that exists where all races and cultures seem to splice together. It's a very abstract zone but we all know it and have delved into it when we chill with people from different races and actually have a good time without there being a sense of 'this is OUR way' or 'this is 'THEIR way'.

The reason South Park, Family Guy and other series like that (Drawn Together) get away with their shit most the time is because they don't single out a single race or culture. I laugh my a** off with the black jokes from these series because I know they also make jokes about whites, Chinese, Jewish people, Indian people and so on. They just have no boundaries. My logic is then that if I laugh at 'them' then I should - in all fairness - laugh at 'us' too when the joke is about us.

Now, with that comes the jokes about 'God', 'Jesus' and other dieties that exist which Family Guy and South Park has ridiculed in blasphemous ways. I will admit to you, I have laughed at these too - purely because I believe that God and God's dieties all have a sense of humour. Who believes that they are so great that they can offend God?

It appears that the Muslims do not share in this same 'overlapping zone' culture and as such should be left out of it and respected for it. Just because we tolerate such blashpemy it does not mandate that others do so too. This is a sacred prophet of their religion we're talking about and to just say 'Oh come on! Grow up and just lighten up.' I think is just rather insensitive and shows a refusal to understand just how highly THEY hold The Prophet Mohammad (I hope I spelt the name correct).

I don't think I remember the Muslim people releasing jokes about any of the non-Muslim dieties. If I am wrong, please someone correct me. I would venture a guess that the reason for this is because of the profound respect that Muslims have for prophets and dieties. I think it only fair that those of a non-Muslim faith also stop making jokes of the Muslim Prophet and dieties. I think it's only fair.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
This Jihad Mentality needs to die fast,as i regard it as one of the most f***ed up mindset.

DarkBlood

This Jihad Mentality needs to die fast,as i regard it as one of the most f***ed up mindset.

I am actually still very confused about how Jihad fits in with Islam because of all the religions, Islam is one of the most peaceful (along with Buddhism). There is a lot that needs to happen before a person of true Muslim belief can justifiably strike someone - leave alone kill. There are a lot of interventions, consultations and everything of the sort.

The sad thing about the violence that breaks out when things like cartoons of The Prophet Mohammad breaks out is that it perpetuates the false and very destructive stereotype that Muslim = Terrorist. I truly hope what Myth said about the car bomb outside South Park offices is a rumour and not for real (not saying he's lying, I'm saying I am hoping it is not true and he is speaking out of hear-say).

Although I am inclined to easily write this off as a joke and say to the Muslim community 'Lighten up', I cannot shake that part of me that KNOWS that this is actually insensitive to make such cartoons. There is no reason for us to shit on their lawn. They don't take cheap shots at us in the name of fun so why do WE take cheap shots at them? It's not cool.

That aint gangsta.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The ban on drawing the prophet stems from the belief that by drawing him or creating images of any kind of him ,you are creating something that can be idolised and since Idolatry is frowned upon in Islam, they decided to ban all images of the prophet.

What bothers me is this. By making his image so sacred that no one, not even someone who doesn't give a f*** about your religion or god, is allowed to recreate his image, doesn't that equate to idolisation of the man?
You are saying he is so holy that no one is allowed to create an image of him. You are not only imposing this bullshit on your own religious followers, but everyone else and depriving thenm of their freedom of expression.

I say f*** that.

I drew three Muhammad's last week. One of them is so prety that my girlfriend, who is muslim, says she wants to put it on the fridge.

If any other Muslims don't like it, they can lick my smooth, beautiful, shaved nutsack.

DarkBlood

The ban on drawing the prophet stems from the belief that by drawing him or creating images of any kind of him ,you are creating something that can be idolised and since Idolatry is frowned upon in Islam, they decided to ban all images of the prophet.

What bothers me is this. By making his image so sacred that no one, not even someone who doesn't give a f*** about your religion or god, is allowed to recreate his image, doesn't that equate to idolisation of the man?
You are saying he is so holy that no one is allowed to create an image of him. You are not only imposing this bullshit on your own religious followers, but everyone else and depriving thenm of their freedom of expression.

I say f*** that.

I drew three Muhammad's last week. One of them is so prety that my girlfriend, who is muslim, says she wants to put it on the fridge.

If any other Muslims don't like it, they can lick my smooth, beautiful, shaved nutsack.

Yoh! Fire up in hurr!

I get what you're saying and it's a really good point. By making that no images be drawn of the profit to ensure no idolisation takes place, idolisation found its way through the back door.

I can agree with their argument though. 95% of people see a white Spaniard looking guy with long brown hair and blue eyes when you mention 'Jesus' and see a big white guy with greay hair and a robe sitting on a thrown of clouds when you say 'God'. This is the other side of the coin of what happens if you allow artistic portrayals - people's images get engraved as fact.

I suppose in your case you raise a good point: There's a difference between 'drawing the Prophet Mohammad' and 'making fun of the Prophet Mohammad'. Sadly, the ones that make the headlines are the latter but it seems people like you focus on the former. Maybe we need more people like you to get through to the Muslim people about their reason not to draw their great prophet and less people like Zapiro and that Danish 'satirist'.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I see nothing wrong in what Zaps did either.

He initially didn't take part in the whole drawing the prophet thing, because he didn't want to jump on the bandwagon.

He says he only decided to do so last week, when it was revealed some muslims are still sore over the Danis cartoons and still planning bombings about it. This is why he says they have no sense of humoour. Something which has been proven, since he is also getting death threats now.

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
I wish they could stop threatening him and get it over and done with. Take his head off with a butter knife. Thats satire!
Beating bitches since 1982.

DarkBlood

I see nothing wrong in what Zaps did either.

He initially didn't take part in the whole drawing the prophet thing, because he didn't want to jump on the bandwagon.

He says he only decided to do so last week, when it was revealed some muslims are still sore over the Danis cartoons and still planning bombings about it. This is why he says they have no sense of humoour. Something which has been proven, since he is also getting death threats now.

If that truly is his reason then I can appreciate that. I don't agree with him, but I can at least see that he is a man of some sort of character and put proper thought into it instead of being a populist.