Good Hair

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Are guys allowed to watch this? Considering the topic is about Relaxers and weaves!!!

its about self hate bro. the hate for your own black hair(u know this runs deep) and its not about women only. its about both sexes.

other people on the doccie, Ice-T and Al Sharpton.

They have KRS talking there too.

you peeps have misunderstood the point to the doccie.

we not missunderstanding nothing toots....

its just your DRIVE to watch the movie is RIDIC..I have never seen you post about a movie..LET ALONE ANYTHING you have atticipated till its arrival and culmnating in the ogasmic watching of!

ITS TWO years you that you been WAITING to watch a movie about hair!

hehehehe...I will watch it..i am baby sitting my 7year old we aint watch a flick together in a long time...

@RR is like a age restriction? ... no male adults allowed unless accompanied by they daughters...(Proof of partenity required)

DUDE!!!!

get better!  8)

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Now i hear you man,i just read the spoilers of this movie.Dont think i would watch it!!
 But i need to know why for the fact that Rock never used his interviewing time to pose a moral question to black men about their role in promoting the straight-haired standard of beauty of our sistaz. Instead, he asks them about how they feel about having to fork over money for weaves and relaxers just asking thats all!! i know sometimes paying for a broad's hairdo can be taxing on the pocket @ times we know that, guys always complain about that.Its just he didnt raise that point thats all maybe hes running his agenda i dont know!!Some Men me included also put the pressure on women as well, wanting their women to look in shape and to be just as sexy as the next women.

Very good point!

But how could you be so sure of this without having watched the actual film?

Duhh?? The Spoilers!! Check movie spoilers websites the say everything every word every detail,script about that specific movie

So they have a transcript of the doccie there you mean? Dude im not a kid, u must have coppied and pasted someone's opinion, you couldn't just say that unless you've seen the actual film. I've seen the film remember?

Not that Im not considering the chance that I might be wrong. send me a link to the spoilers if you dont mind.

Will check the website!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
@briCK
You started a whole thread about pretty men, so yeah, trust you to derail a thread on some gay shit.

;D

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
@briCK
You started a whole thread about pretty men, so yeah, trust you to derail a thread on some gay shit.

;D

aw dang!  ;D

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
@briCK

;D

This is ice cold.

Argument sustained.
Beating bitches since 1982.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Following the release of Chris Rock’s Good Hair documentary, City Press hosted a group of women to find out about their relationship with hair. 

http://www.citypress.co.za/Galleries/Video/Videos/Lifestyle/I%20am%20not%20my%20hair%20or%20am%20I/56db303927894221b85574fdae56765d/I-am-not-my-hairor-am-I

didint any of you guys ever do s-curt and any of that stuff on your hair when you were young?
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
This doccie is quite an eye opener.

It touches on the industry, who is profiting from "Black hair", ownership of "Black hair" products, the lucrative business of importing human hair from India, etc, etc.

Chris even goes to India to explore this phenomenon and the culture of the women there to cut all their hair and give it to a church. Ppl even chop of women's pony tails in public and run, just to sell it on the black market.

This is not just about hair styles and relaxers, it's more about exploring where this whole thing of trying to change the look of your natural hair came from, self image, myths, perceptions and so forth. They even go way back to James Brown with Al Sharpton telling the story of how James Brown told him to relax his hair before going to the white house to ask Ronald Raegan for Martin Luther King jr day to be made a public holiday.

It can drag on in the beginning with the hair salons and hair competitions but the rest is good.

Catch it if u can.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
im somewhat in the hair business, was surprised about some of the things i found.

hence why im interested in this here doccie.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Papa ThReAdS

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
im somewhat in the hair business, was surprised about some of the things i found.

Are you one of those niggas that sells weaves from his boot?

This is a quickly growing phenomenon. I have seen some of the buffest, f*** a nigga up just for breathingg, looking type niggas, selling weaves to broads at the side of the road from their boot.

Whats up with that?

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

This is a quickly growing phenomenon. I have seen some of the buffest, f*** a nigga up just for breathingg, looking type niggas, selling weaves to broads at the side of the road from their boot.

Whats up with that?

lol

its all money dawg!

got a proper shop. importing hair from china, no profits yet, breaking even

getting into hair cair products next, got our own hair range coming out
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Whats up with that?

if you owned a supermarket, would you not stock up on female products?

Papa ThReAdS

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Whats up with that?

if you owned a supermarket, would you not stock up on female products?

This has nothing to do with selling womens products out of your supermarket (along with pads and shit), and everything to do with a grown a** man selling weaves outta his boot!

Cant knock a niggas hustle though, there really is nothing wrong with it, but you cant say its not a little strange.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile