Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

The September National Imbizo: A Call For Change!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Where? Bloemfontein
When? 25-26 September 2010

16 Years of Suffering!
Sixteen years of democracy has not changed the condition of the majority. Black lives under the ANC government have been a disaster zone. All areas of life are engulfed in major crises; from healthcare, education, poverty, housing, racism, sexism and landlessness just to mention a few. On the other hand, a few have benefited from the fruits of democracy which have created new major inequalities and sustained apartheid created divisions. Our country, contrary to the official mantra and the guarantees in the constitution, remains primarily hostile to black interests. It is Black people who suffer all the post 1994 social and economic injustices and it clear that instead of using the overwhelming support the ANC enjoys, it has chosen the path of disempowering the majority to enrich a few.

A people’s call
We, as the ordinary citizens of this country, are concerned that after 16 years of democracy there is no end to the suffering of the majority. We now hereby call for a national dialogue to discuss our situation and collectively find answers. This dialogue has to take stock of what has happened in the past 16 years and deliberate on what must be done by all South Africans who want justice and development for the majority. We are acutely aware that our ugly history of racism and dispossession continues to dictate the present. We are even more concerned that our government has in the past 16 years done very little to redress the impact of this ugly history. This call is for a September National Imbizo!
Objective of the September National Imbizo (SNI)
We are committed to giving our country another possibility and a new hope! We therefore hereby propose a September National Indaba (SNI). The main objective of the SNI is to dialogue around the challenges facing our people and to make proposals for a way forward. To present our people with a discussion forum as a mechanism to claim back our country from politicians and self-enriching elites; we want a democracy that works for the majority.
The principles of the SNI
As we work towards making the SNI a reality we hold these principles as a guide of our actions:
• The SNI is not affiliated to any political party
• Equality of participation by all
• Tolerance, transparency and accountability
• Acceptance of all a**istance on a no-condition basis
• It’s our Imbizo and we pay for it!

Only YOU can make the change you want!
This call is open to all South Africans. We need to start now! In our families, in our villages, townships, squatter camps, shebeens, churches and everywhere we find ourselves. We must discuss what South Africa we want. We must not wait for the politicians, leaders and experts. Come to the imbizo with proposals, about what we as citizens need to do in order to get a government that works for us! The politicians have failed us, because we have allowed them to abuse us. Enough is enough!
Who is behind the SNI?

We are ordinary citizens not working for any political party. We are inspired by the great vision of change our liberation fighters were committed to. We wish to rekindle the betrayed dreams of Oliver Tambo, Robert Sobukwe and Steve Biko! Make the SNI your issue! Blackwash has been tasked to provide support for the convening of the SNI.
Get involved: Volunteer your time and skills!

To make the SNI real, we need volunteers. Volunteers are needed in any one of the subcommittees below!
• Media and Communications
• Fundraising
• logistics
The Media and Communications sub-committee will deal with all media and communications related matters including branding, marketing, web design and management of social networks such asas facebook, tweeter etc. The committee is basically tasked with coming up with strategies to get the message about the SNI out to people. The Fundraising sub committee is tasked with coming up with a strategy to raise money for the SNI, bearing in mind the principles agreed to. NB! This is our SNI we fund it!

Logistics: This sub-committee is responsible for coordinating activities related to the entire management of the conference, e.g. transportation, accommodation, food etc.

Coordination:

The SNI will be coordinated by a team of National Conveners. These will be responsible for the overall coordination of the conference including oversight on the work of the sub-committees. Since the SNI is not an organisation but a people’s space, you are encouraged to take the idea to all areas of life and encourage others to get involved! Get your friends, family, church, stokvelas, and colleagues at work to form discussion forums. Ask yourself the first question: is this the South Africa we want? If not, then what are we going to do? The SNI is a space for those who want change now!

SNI Local coordination:
Any group of ten or more people can form themselves into a local coordinating space for the SNI. Such a group would facilitate discussions at a local level, keep contact with the national coordination and give ideas on all areas of the SNI. Individuals are not excluded but working as self organizing collectives could make life easy for all.

Contact us:
National Coordination- SMS or call at: 0738922636
Email:imbizo.sni1@gmail.com
Check face book September National Imbizo

-The SNI Team

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I would love to get in on this, but I think my professional priorites won't allow it.

I will make sure it gets coverage in our paper and in the Afrikaans sister papers in Media24 though.

Also try involving Zabalaza. Pathetic as they are, they are the major anarchist movement in SA.

Abahlali baseMjondolo is also an organisation that should definiely be involved.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Abahlali baseMjondolo is also an organisation that should definiely be involved.

I think Blackwash is already affiliated with them or has worked with them before.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
I think the ANC is working real hard to give the people of this country a better life yes there is corruption in local municipalities hence slow service delivery  the committees are working on that.

Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
I think the ANC is working real hard to give the people of this country a better life yes there is corruption in local municipalities hence slow service delivery  the committees are working on that.

Slow delivery is as good as no delivery. We are looking for relief for the many, and not for the few. Its been 16 years, how many more years do they need to get their act right?

Why not then run governmental departments like private enterprises? With full transparency, monthly target evaluations and overhauling if necessary of entire departments if there is little to no productivity.

We talk like government is faced with major tasks to bring relief to those who really need it, when it is clear that their most difficult task is managing funds and ensuring delivery of the services they promise to deliver during every election.

This country has achieved more in the past four years (thanks to the world cup) than they have achieved in the entire 16 years of democracy we have had. This says we have the capability to deliver when necessary, but clearly the needs of the inhabitants of this country are not priority enough to be addressed with similar urgency.
Beating bitches since 1982.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Slow delivery is as good as no delivery. We are looking for relief for the many, and not for the few. Its been 16 years, how many more years do they need to get their act right?

Why not then run governmental departments like private enterprises? With full transparency, monthly target evaluations and overhauling if necessary of entire departments if there is little to no productivity.

We talk like government is faced with major tasks to bring relief to those who really need it, when it is clear that their most difficult task is managing funds and ensuring delivery of the services they promise to deliver during every election.

This country has achieved more in the past four years (thanks to the world cup) than they have achieved in the entire 16 years of democracy we have had. This says we have the capability to deliver when necessary, but clearly the needs of the inhabitants of this country are not priority enough to be addressed with similar urgency.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Cape Town meeting coming up on the 24th, venue to be confirmed

will keep you updated.

Check this facebook event

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126326380743323&ref=ts#!/event.php?eid=126326380743323&ref=ts
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:17:05 PM by RearrangedReality »

solarman

• "4ROM CHAOS 2 COSMOS"
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-4
    • View Profile
    • Son of the Soil
azanian Souljhas,

This is a great initiative....

Izwe Lethu!!!!
Mathintela

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
azanian Souljhas,

This is a great initiative....

Izwe Lethu!!!!

Azanian Souljahs,

Yes.

Aluta Continua.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
and what happened here?

I had to cancel my plans of going there because of work. Will let you all know when I get feedback.