Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Botched circumcision - Cutting Edge

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
to add to this, most of the boys that endure traumatic and fatal circumstances are often those that do so behind their parents back like the kid on cutting edge. They therefore bypa** the a lot of the preparations and rituals, including the sourcing of qualified caregivers for their benefit. And the unfortunate part is that the people responsible for the actual circumsion only care for the money put before them and not the morality behind their actions
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
rr the repeat is now at 23:00  it used to be at 10

That not good enough for ya?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
rr the repeat is now at 23:00  it used to be at 10

cool bro, thanks. I'd be mad if i fall asleep before it starts.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Just finished watching, just like Koli and them are saying this seems to be a case of inexperienced youngters handling a responsibilty they're not fit for or not able to control once someone older than them comes to f*** the other initiates up. something like that.

It seems like its not the custom that a problem, its some motherf***ers who just need to be severely dealt with. It doesn't seem like there should be any risk of death at all.

Im beefing with the narrator though, shes was very bias. She went there with misconceptions about the custom and made those misconceptions obvious in the way she was saying to the old man why don't they let people just do it in hospital.

with that said, I'm still neither for or against the custom though I take I take it rather personal that its undermined to the extent that its done.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
f*** that chika... Her bias and undermining is upsetting! But as u can make out, with the right care or rather, in proper hands, its not a life threatening ritual at all.. I mean u have circumcision rituals in some cultures where a great number of initiates are placed in one hut and it is known that one of them is to be sacrificed. The mothers only find out if they're son has been sacrificed by not seeing him upon the day of descent when the young men are paraded for all the village to admire. Its a momentous occasion where there will be ululating women with the contrast of one particularly distraught one! Now thats gangsta....

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
f*** that chika... Her bias and undermining is upsetting! But as u can make out, with the right care or rather, in proper hands, its not a life threatening ritual at all.. I mean u have circumcision rituals in some cultures where a great number of initiates are placed in one hut and it is known that one of them is to be sacrificed. The mothers only find out if they're son has been sacrificed by not seeing him upon the day of descent when the young men are paraded for all the village to admire. Its a momentous occasion where there will be ululating women with the contrast of one particularly distraught one! Now thats gangsta....

Thats one of the things I was referring to earlier when I said death is an expected possibility. Koli when I was referring to death but what I don't know is if its a sacrifice or it just always likely that one doesn't survive.  Of course from nation to nation death would be as a result of different reasons i think, much dipper and complex than falling off of a penis.

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
If you notice these deaths are in the area of amaMpondo i.e Lusikisi, Mount Fere ect. In the history of this tribe there was no circumcision but because of some boys going to educate themselves in the Xhosa area i.e Mthatha, Mqanduli, Dutywa, Alice ect when they arrive there they got pressued as they were categorised as boys. All of this resulted in amaMpondo adapting the culture, meaning their ancestors do not even know of such a culture and now they are dying of ukuphapha and doing things wrong.

To add on, these dying patients seek medical attetion in Mthatha (Xhosa are) were the culture originates, meaning banonzululwazi amaXhosa when it comes to this and that is why it is rare for our boys to face such difficulties in the culture.

Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
^^^ you had a point at some point but you went the plot...who goes and educates themselves eMthatha?  explain.

What happened was for a while AmaPondo did not go esuthwini, which means that some of the elders themselves have not gone under the process of circumsion, so ezinye ingcibi zikha entloko...i don't think the death prevalance has anything with coming from a priviledged background, my dad was not priviledgedbut he did not loose his penis some decades ago when even the dept of Health was involved and last year when my brother went to initiation school, one the initiates in his camp from a prestigious school and a well off family died.
 am hell behold!

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
^^ i bliv u're missin the point here VP. Is it me or did u jus say ur dad was circumcised with the dept of health privvy to the ceremony??? when did ur dad get initiated?

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
it's you :P...but what i mean't to say the Dept of Health was NOT involved, it was in 1976 to be exact...what is this point that i'm missing Koli?
 am hell behold!

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
i was jus jokin VP... Anyway, its the law of averages u aren't quite grasping. Its as simple as that

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
(law of averages) details...i don't understand at all

little side note: you the only man that has gone esuthwini who's ever willing to indulge me about this age old custom...if only you weren't affiliated with bad crack i'd sent you a cyber kiss. :)
 am hell behold!

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
(law of averages) details...i don't understand at all

little side note: you the only man that has gone esuthwini who's ever willing to indulge me about this age old custom... i sent you a cyber kiss. :-*

i'm flattered babe..  :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:32:36 PM by Koli qha »

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
I hate hearing about botched circumcisions...

How are we supposed to procreate with Xhosa guys,when our sons might be turned into eunuchs one day?*sigh*

unfortunately you have no choice but to expand your horizons
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu