Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

MY RANT ON: Dizzee Rascal

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Happened to catch the UK chart on MTV Base earlier this evening.

Dizzee just seems like he's taking the piss. That holiday song is garbage, even if he is very watchable.

Chipmunk is another kid who's just making pop junk now. Everyone has to eat, but the music he is making is unadulterated crap.

I loathe Chipmunk!! That kid is so annoying!! Like he's the biggest thing in Garage now. It's like the Grime part of Garage is dying while Dubstep is getting some notice. Ba**eline (Speed) Garage is so horrible that I prefer to listen to the old Speed Garage tunes from the late 90s.

But with Dizzee on that Holiday tune, I gotta agree, I also heard the the song and thought
that Dizzee's street cred was doomed. After Bonkers and Holiday, he just doesn't have it
in him anymore....

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
shit !
how could i forget the Artful Dodger!!!!!!

zydeco

• REP: +0/-0
  • got a light?
    • View Profile
Not all too familiar with how the garage scene came to be. But, much of music today is of an 'artist' before 'form' standing. Sadly, the counter has become an idealistic and naive approach. Hence I say that the likes of Dizzie Rascal don't see the need to chain themselves to the now sinking genre, and are instead plugging into what's clearly a steady ship, the music scene in the states, not garage.

And so Garage morphed into 'garbage'.  Same can be said about a lot of other genres. If music was a being with a physical anatomy like our own, guess who'd be the freak sitting in the damp corner at the back of the cla**.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Not all too familiar with how the garage scene came to be. But, much of music today is of an 'artist' before 'form' standing. Sadly, the counter has become an idealistic and naive approach. Hence I say that the likes of Dizzie Rascal don't see the need to chain themselves to the now sinking genre, and are instead plugging into what's clearly a steady ship, the music scene in the states, not garage.

And so Garage morphed into 'garbage'.  Same can be said about a lot of other genres. If music was a being with a physical anatomy like our own, guess who'd be the freak sitting in the damp corner at the back of the cla**.

Yes, a genre with roots in House music saddly was killed by either "electro" or a British immitation of the US mainstream Hip Hop scene. Garage was seen as a innovative soulful
"urban sound" during the 90s and early 2000s but now all you have is a bunch of rappers trying to "slew" or "murk". The only scene that is big right now in the UK is the "Funky" (Afro) House scene, which is comparable to the Durban House Scene in SA. It's just nothing
but soulful House music over Afro-Carribbean percussion. I wrote a thread about the Afro-House scene in the UK:

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=26561.0

Afro-House may be taking Garage back to it's roots but I havent really shown much interest in the scene.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Dizzee just seems like he's taking the piss. That holiday song is garbage, even if he is very watchable.

I just saw that "Holiday" video 2 days ago. It has everything a mainstream video would have but I did not expect to see Drum and Ba** DJ Goldie in the video. That was frikin weird! At this point, I really don't know what to say!!!  ??? :-\
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:13:40 AM by M-Point »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

I just saw that "Holiday" video 2 days ago. It has everything a mainstream video would have but I did not expect to see Drum and Ba** DJ Goldie in the video. That was frikin weird! At this point, I really don't know what to say!!!  ??? :-\

I think the only thing you can say is, 'they're 'avin' a laugh'

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile