Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Early ATCQ/NAtive Tongues vs Early Outkast/Dungeon fam

Poll

Who's music aged better and still sounds fresh today?

ATCQ/Native TOngues
Outkast/Dungeon family
Neither
Both
I am Andile Sfebe and I just wanna have oral sex with Andre 3000

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I've been bumping a lot of Outkast and Dungeon fam lately and I found that their music still sounds super fresh, despite being from the Golden Age.

Who do you guys think made the better quality music?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of ATCQ, but somehow outkast's music ust seems more timeless. Same goes for Goodie Mobb when I compare it to some other Native tongues music from back then.

Maybe De La aged well, but nothing since after De la soul is dead.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Outkast are by far the best group out of the whole Dungeon fam circle, and i love they music as much as the next man, especially their earlier works, SouthernCadillacMusic and all that, but i say Native Tounges overall made a bigger impact and made doper music. Even when they did that hip-house shit (check out the first vid), it was fresh.

Plus, although Native Tongues was primarily, ATCQ, JB and DE LA, they had other affiliates repping the name like Black Sheep, Mos Def, Bush Babees,etc,etc, so overall i go for Native Tongues.

Here are some Native Tongues cla**ic.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I agree that they made a much bigger impact, but what I am saying is, When I listen to a outkast track from Southerplayalistic or Aquameni, some of them still sound like they could have been produced today, cos they just sound so fresh and timeless.

Whereas Native tongues' music didn't age that well. I sstill listen to it, but only when I feel like I need a dose of older school music.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I agree that they made a much bigger impact, but what I am saying is, When I listen to a outkast track from Southerplayalistic or Aquameni, some of them still sound like they could have been produced today, cos they just sound so fresh and timeless.

Whereas Native tongues' music didn't age that well. I sstill listen to it, but only when I feel like I need a dose of older school music.

Had i not misunderstood the poll question i would have voted for Outkast for the exact same reasons you've stated here.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
But i think if we have to consider the timelines, these earlier works of the two might be an unfair comparison dont you think? OUtkast released theit the first album after ATCQ had released three albums already. There's a bit a difference in the sound of hip-hop from from the time ATCQ released their first three albums and the time outkast released their first album.

Am i right?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
, When I listen to a outkast track from Southerplayalistic or Aquameni, some of them still sound like they could have been produced today,

this here however is a strong point. so true

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
You're right, but I think I am really just looking for someone to support me in thinking I am not feeling ATCQ as much as I used to, yet I still feel old Outkast and other folks.

I feel lonely and I am scared of becoming a hip hop community pariah for not thinking they are the greatest thing from the era.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
You're right, but I think I am really just looking for someone to support me in thinking I am not feeling ATCQ as much as I used to, yet I still feel old Outkast and other folks.

I feel lonely and I am scared of becoming a hip hop community pariah for not thinking they are the greatest thing from the era.

hahaha. Thats what it means to an Outkast (check the True Dat interlude on southplayalisticadilacmusik)

say it bro, dont be afraid. I almost give people heart attacks when i tell then no matter how much i try to like Only Built 4 Cuban linx I, I never enjoy it. at all. in fact i hate it. i have tried so many times to like it. nope. it just doesnt go down same goes Most MF DOOM album. I really love the last one though.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I feel the same about OBFCL and Doom.

Not enough melody for me. I like music to be musical.