Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

iphone 4 (smartphones in general)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
is this shit worth buying in SA? whereas it comes with an uncapped wireless service in the US, i see you get 150 to 300mb per month here.

what 'smartphone' is a good deal, right now?

tired of living in 2005. i want to be cool like you lot.  :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:45:29 PM by the panic! »

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
i just upgraded to iphone 4 yesterday, loving it so far!  ;D

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
About damn time, panic.
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
htc,crackberry>>>>>>>>>>

Basically the GPS functionality on the blackberry is feature enough to knock the iphone out the water!

I might be regarded as hater BUT..for the kind of money you pay for the iphone the practical functionality
is REALLY poor unles you want an accurate compa** on your phone incase...i dunno..you get lost.

The fact that you can't intergarte to your work mail / VPN via iphone is trully a mystry to me
WHAT good is the iphone ...real talk fam real tok!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
was having a convo this weekend with someone while tryna get connectivity on an ipod touch, which only uses wifi. anyway long story short had to share internet off a mac and only then connect thru the ipod touch. i a**ume the same will happen if u wanna use the ipad (i stand corrected).

the iphone is a cool gadget, but is it practical? with the connectivity limitations we have in this part of the world?

a friend was in new york a week ago and everyone either had an ipad, or the touch complete with connectivity (even in the tube)  im itching to look at an ipad, but whats the point if i cant do shit with it?

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Not a practical option in SA.

Nothing comes close to my crackberry, not even the new HTC joints, as lovely as they are.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
i have both a blackberry and a sony ericsson xperia x10
prior to the sony, i owned an iphone 3g. not a very practical phone. i had to have it cracked/jailbroken, in order use it more practically.

never before have i heard of having to crack phone software in order to send or recieve files via bluetooth, or to have a sms program that lets you know how many characters you have used. these are features that should be standard on a phone.

i havent had a chance to play with the iphone 4, but i cant see it being any more practical than its predecessors. like brick said, if you are looking for some pretty much exlusive features, that you are very unlikely to even use in the first place, then the iphone 4 is the thing for you.

personally, after my first experience with a high end android phone like the x10, i dont see myself ever getting an iphone again. in my world, practicality >>>>>>gimmicks.

the only pluses i see for the iphone is the advanced multi touched super amoled touch screen. which produced some pretty stunning picture quality, and the app market. that is where the fairy tale ends. the iphone/ipad is an overpriced piece of inpractical hardwear. even more so in a country like south africa with a serious lack in wireless internet infrastructure
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
If u looking for constant access to the net from ur phone a blackberry would make much more sense, Iphones have always been made for people that want to look cool and always make a fashion statement but as just a phone it doesnt make sense spending so much for it

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
i have both a blackberry and a sony ericsson xperia x10
prior to the sony, i owned an iphone 3g. not a very practical phone. i had to have it cracked/jailbroken, in order use it more practically.

never before have i heard of having to crack phone software in order to send or recieve files via bluetooth, or to have a sms program that lets you know how many characters you have used. these are features that should be standard on a phone.

i havent had a chance to play with the iphone 4, but i cant see it being any more practical than its predecessors. like brick said, if you are looking for some pretty much exlusive features, that you are very unlikely to even use in the first place, then the iphone 4 is the thing for you.

personally, after my first experience with a high end android phone like the x10, i dont see myself ever getting an iphone again. in my world, practicality >>>>>>gimmicks.

the only pluses i see for the iphone is the advanced multi touched super amoled touch screen. which produced some pretty stunning picture quality, and the app market. that is where the fairy tale ends. the iphone/ipad is an overpriced piece of inpractical hardwear. even more so in a country like south africa with a serious lack in wireless internet infrastructure

tell me more about the x10 im makin a list for when i re-up

That not good enough for ya?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
If u looking for constant access to the net from ur phone a blackberry would make much more sense, Iphones have always been made for people that want to look cool and always make a fashion statement but as just a phone it doesnt make sense spending so much for it

how much are iphones..

my BB is on contart but paying 7500 for a phone is ;udicris were it not for contracts i'd still be using nokia 6600i

f*** mobile pron for real fam..

ayo Deac you know bout spankwire?  www.spankwire.com..BEST mobile site for Pizno..they got HD quality FAM!!!!

check itout!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment

how much are iphones..

this is what i got off a site

MTN is offering the iPhone 4 on the following packages (all on a 24 month MTN AnyTime 200 contract) (R200 worth of airtime, not 200 minutes):

16GB iPhone 4 with a 150MB internet bundle: R379 per month

16GB iPhone 4 with a 300MB internet bundle: R429 per month

32GB iPhone 4 with a 150MB internet bundle: R429 per month

32GB iPhone 4 with a 300MB internet bundle: R479 per month

Vodacom has the 16GB iPhone 4 free on an iPhone Talk 500 contract at R925 per month. This includes 500 minutes, 250MB data and 100 SMSes a month. Unconfirmed pricing indicates that the 32GB version of the device would be available on the same package, with a R2 869 cash pay-in.

On the iPhone 120s contract (120 off-peak minutes, 100MB data, 50 SMSes) at R249 per month, the pay-in will be R2 189 for a 16GB and R3 329 for a 32GB iPhone 4. On a iPhone 240 contract (240 minutes, 250MB data, 100 SMSes) at R595 per month, the pay-ins will be R1 959 and R3 099, respectively. Vodacom offers the option of subsidising the pay-in with a slightly higher monthly price across the 24 months.

The devices also seem to be available on most Vodacom contracts. It says full pricing details would be available today from outlets.

On the face of it, MTN's packages seem more affordable, largely because of how it has bundled airtime and data. R379 per month (with no pay-in) for the 16GB iPhone 4 is a fair entry-level price. At present, there are bundled SMSes and more tiers on Vodacom's iPhone contracts.

Cash prices aren't yet available, but the operators have privately suggested devices can be purchased outright somewhere between R7 000 and R8 000 (16GB model). The 32GB model is expected to be about R1 000 more. One analyst pointed out Tuesday night that prices would be more affordable than previous versions of the device simply because of the strength of the rand.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Ridiculous if you ask me.

I pay R350 a month for unlimited browsing and dowloading, plus I get all my mail, twitter feeds, FB updates, sports updates, weather and, and, and on my Crackberry.

Plus I can do more with it, without having to spend half an hour jailbreaking it.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

I pay R350 a month for unlimited browsing and dowloading, plus I get all my mail, twitter feeds, FB updates, sports updates, weather and, and, and on my Crackberry.

Plus I can do more with it, without having to spend half an hour jailbreaking it.

I payed $200 for the new iPhone 4, and I do all these things listed above, plus watch tv, play video games (gta, fifa, red dead, nba live, tiger woods...), download and listen to music, oh and brick, it connects with all my email accounts, including my work one,...

I had the HTC for a month a couple of weeks ago, to try it out for this promotion they were doing, and it is a cool phone, very nice apps, the phone itself is a bit bigger, and I don't like the design as much, but with great functionality, a friend of mine has the droid, which is amazing. I like the droid better than the HTC phone as well. But the droid is not cheap. I could have gotten an HTC or iPhone for around the same price, and I picked the iphone, a little cheaper, and great design. Also fully compatible with my macbook pro and sync's with my mobile me, with 2Gb of online storage space with my plan (the cheaper option). I can get online from anywhere, watch movies from netflix Que, it's not just a cool looking phone ruth, it is very practical as well. I like the blackberry as well, if I ever got a second phone, i would probably get that one, then both those phones could be like my SP 1200 and my ASR-10. :P

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

I payed $200 for the new iPhone 4, and I do all these things listed above, plus watch tv, play video games (gta, fifa, red dead, nba live, tiger woods...), download and listen to music, oh and brick, it connects with all my email accounts, including my work one,...

I had the HTC for a month a couple of weeks ago, to try it out for this promotion they were doing, and it is a cool phone, very nice apps, the phone itself is a bit bigger, and I don't like the design as much, but with great functionality, a friend of mine has the droid, which is amazing. I like the droid better than the HTC phone as well. But the droid is not cheap. I could have gotten an HTC or iPhone for around the same price, and I picked the iphone, a little cheaper, and great design. Also fully compatible with my macbook pro and sync's with my mobile me, with 2Gb of online storage space with my plan (the cheaper option). I can get online from anywhere, watch movies from netflix Que, it's not just a cool looking phone ruth, it is very practical as well. I like the blackberry as well, if I ever got a second phone, i would probably get that one, then both those phones could be like my SP 1200 and my ASR-10. :P

well u live there in the land of abundant connectivity, here we get f***all for a lot of money
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up