Africasgateway.com

Dj Premier in SA

GudEar · 45 · 17190

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Ey! mang that shit you've just said hurtz....why you alway
You nyukkaz is jealous of my mathing skillz....don't y'all know I was a National Math Olympiad champion for three years running untill I got knocked the fcuk out by the ugly bish named Nothemba...

You need a bus load of people.

You must be from Lesotho or Swaziland.
You only have to watch the 1st season of "how its made" on discovery channel to qualify as an engineer in those countries.

Ey! mang that shit hurts man.....why do you always have to be so cruel I bet you were a verbal bully at school..nx >:(
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Ok ok, im sorry.
Beating bitches since 1982.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Wow, I don't think I've ever not been excited to see Premier live! I seen him a couple of times with Gang Starr and him doing his solo thing.. Pyro I think you should go, I'm pretty sure you'll have a good time...

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
What does he do, that justifies me driving to Jo'burg, paying for gas, food and accommodation, and then still paying R180 to see him play?

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Aren't you a journalist? Can't you get a free pa** to get in to the show, and write up a review or something? Don't know about how much this will run you, also don't know how much of a commute it would be in your case, but if its not too much trouble, Primo has his own style of playing music, and is very enjoyable, at least from my past experience..

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Nah, I'm a crime/politics reporter, not an entertainment guy. I only do entertainment when I need to help out if there aren't enough people in the office.

From Bloem to Johannesburg is about 400 km. That's too far to see a DJ, unless it's Q-bert or Mixmaster Mike.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp

You only have to watch the 1st season of "how its made" on discovery channel to qualify as an engineer in those countries.

Ha ha, you've got jokes ... and a f***load of ignorance if you actually mean what you are saying  ;)

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Ha ha, you've got jokes ... and a f***load of ignorance if you actually mean what you are saying  ;)

nigga how long you been on AG  and u gonna catch feelings over this shit seriously....SERIOUSLY

That not good enough for ya?

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
pay attention to the wink the end Deacon, it's placed strategically to confuse  :D. I expect such statements from here dude, and am not in the least offended
 :)

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Damn I enjoyed myself at Premo's gig...the music was dope..he played Gangstarr cla**ix, Premo cla**ix.
That Ol' G still got mad love for HipHop...Ya'll can say wateva ya wanna say about Premo.
Me personally I'd pay whateva to watch him or any of the old artist than to go and see the new act
      that are coming out today.
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
by the time DJ Premier decided to start playing I was way too drunk. First time I got that drunk in public. so unlike me. I was even kicked out by the bouncers but i wont share why that happened here. u know which thread to look at.

anyway somebody distracted the bouncer then I sneaked in i think premier had just started playing. The little I remember of premier set was that it sounded boring. Kenzero was dope but i got so upset when he was playing only instrumentals of some really dope joints. I had a crazy fun time and need help remembering what else I got up to.

was cool bumping into you Superb.

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Damn RR u were kicked off by the bouncers...flip...was nice seeing u too.

Kenzhero is always dope....but he's little too much predictable to me...same joints and same set of style everytime.
The joints that he plays..I have almost all of them...that not a good enough reason to go out and listen to the Dj'
He's good no doubt about that...

I started to have fun when Dj Azhul came in..everybody was on their feet. Preem was very much active..interact with the crowd, the joints that he played..I know all of them...but just to see him live was more than enough for me.....
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
hmmmm!  arrived around just before midnight.  Premo spoke tooooo much.  in comparision to Babu who came thru a few months back and gave a killer of set, I was not so moved.  he kept referring to every1 as motherf***ers.  nice!  the gig was not bad, but it wasnt great either.  guess the ppl I was rolling with always know how to make my night fun *sup naturelle*

then the damn popo came and f***ed things up at 2am!

the end!

oh and I saw/met Pyro.  hehehee
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thought it was gonna b more packed, on some Back to the City shit. Half the cats i usually see @ hip-hop gigs were not even there.People out here just don;t support.I mean damnnn man, it's DJ Premier.Anywho, Primo is a true performer. He engages the crowd. Unlike most DJ's i've seen play. He's got that true old school spirit going. Muthaf***eerrrrrrrrrr, hahahahaha !!! Only beef was that he only plays his own joints. Would have loved to hear him play other stuff, some West Coast shit, Wu-tang,etc.

Seems like i started some shit though. Apparently i said something on one of the organizers FB page that didn't sit too well with them. I was like wow ! Threw me sideways a bit.  Seems like it was misinterpreted, but i didn't even know about it till my homie hollered @ me. hmmmm. Tried to address it afterwards to no avail.It's all good though. Still had mad fun.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:52:15 PM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
oh and I saw/met Pyro.  hehehee

No, you didn't.

I was in BLoem, in my room, reading till 12:00 and then I went drinking with friends.

Don't know who you met, but it wasn't me.