Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Cla**ic POC interview on VIVA TV (Germany & Eastern Europe)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
dope!

ha ha peep Ish.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:22:09 PM by the panic! »

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Funny how they dissed Black Box,  ;D I feel where they were comming from because
Black Box was a European  Pop group but they were dope even though they
treated Martha Walsh wrong by replacing her with a lip syncing supermodel.

I gotta cop that Funk Brigade that Shaheen and Ishmael were talking about.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Yo! That's B-boy Storm from Berlin conducting the Interview, the show is called Freestyle, and back then VIVA was only in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (this is from before they expanded eastwards, in the infant stages of the network). I saw this interview as a kid, I used to watch Freestyle religiously growing up in Germany, it was one of the dopest hip-hop shows ever made for Television, hosted by Scopemann (STF), Torch (Advanced Chemistry), DJ Stylewarz (No Remorze) and B-Boy Storm (Battle Squad).. I still have almost every episode on VHS tape at my moms crib

They later replaced the show Freestyle with Word Cup on VIVA TV, which was hosted by Tyron Ricketts (Mellowbag). Word Cup was fresh as hell too, a lot of dope guests on the show. After maybe 7 years of running Word Cup was canned from Viva and replaced by a suckier show (Mixery Raw Deluxe), Word Cup therefore moved to Radio, broadcast nationwide on 1LIVE, where they still had a number of good guests, and great freestyle sessions on air...

Unfortunately Word Cup was replaced by Mixery Raw Deluxe, which was sponsored by Mixery (Beer + Cola) <nasty shit, it was hosted by DJ Hawkeye, who had taken it over from hosting the hip-hop show Supreme on VIVA2 (which was fresh as f*** btw), but Mixery would be the decline of good hip-hop shows in Germany. Its format and lay out sucked hard, due to the sponsorship thing, and Mixery having to put their ugly logo on everything.. currently there are no more hip-hop shows being produced for television there, and Word Cup and Mixery Raw Deluxe have both moved online since... becoming online television shows. Word Cup is also no longer hosted by Tyron either...

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
On another note, that T-Shirt Storm is rocking is mad old school too, I think they were designed by Scopemann, it reads... 808 "Echt Kölner Ba**" which translates to 808 "Real Colognian Ba**" referring to the city Cologne, and the Roland 808. Heads from Cologne used to rock that shirt back in the day, amongst others, there used to be a fly shirt and hoodie they had in Cologne, that was designed by Parisian graffiti artist Mode2, that was fresh as hell, man this clip is bringing back memories... thanks for this,.. I actually think I was there for this, meaning I was at this POC concert... let me check again..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:58:01 PM by watziznehmegin »

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
On another note, that T-Shirt Storm is rocking is mad old school too, I think they were designed by Scopemann, it reads... 808 "Echt Kölner Ba**" which translates to 808 "Real Colognian Ba**" referring to the city Cologne, and the Roland 808. Heads from Cologne used to rock that shirt back in the day, amongst others, there used to be a fly shirt and hoodie they had in Cologne, that was designed by Parisian graffiti artist Mode2

I must have that shirt, even if it's old school. Does eBay still have them???

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Whoa dude, it will be like trying to get one of those Skyf brand T-Shirts from Jo'burg, I will ask some people I know about them, to see where to get them, and if they even still around.. in the meantime you could try these spots, they used to carry them, maybe they still have them...

HipHop Store Da Source
Pfeilstraße 16
50672 Köln (Altstadt-Nord)

Telefon: (0221) 258 31 59

^^ Mode2 designed the store front! ;)

or online at http://shop.mzee.com/

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
Prophets Of Da City - Universal Souljaz (1995) (192-256kbps)

Tracklist:
01 Intro
02 Something Going On In My Head
03 Da Struggle Kontinues
04 Wild Stylz
05 Funkin' 4 Azania
06 Beatz Of Boom
07 Muthaland Funk
08 Universal Souljaz
09 Kultchril Bandit
10 Bushtekniks
11 Slang 4 Your a**
12 Tales From The Townships
13 Hardcore B-Boyz
14 DJ Explode Vs. Hit Pop
15 Hardrockaz
16 Planet Cape Town
17 Call Of The Drumz
18 Neva Again ['95 Remix]

http://LINK REMOVED/a395d09e
Scratch Head

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Bless you my son !!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
i hope the links still work. I can only download after 4pm.
Scratch Head

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...