Africasgateway.com

The Black Star Line - Mixtape Vol 1 [FREE DOWNLOAD]

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Modenine dropped this in my email this morning, and I was really impressed so here is the scoop...

Billboard topping producer, Coptic in a quest to bring African and US hip-hop together, has released the much-awaited ‘Black Star Line Mixtape Vol 1’. The mixtapes which is hosted by DJ Black (Ghana) and Lee Kasumba (South Africa) is available to members of www.TheBlackStarLine.com for listening and downloading. Some lucky members will also win free t-shirts and hard copies of the mixtape.

‘The Black Star Line Mixtape Vol 1’ features songs from some of the best rappers from Africa and America as well as several collaborations between a number of the featured artists. . It features: Raekwon, Kwaw Kesse(Ghana), DBlack(Ghana), Havoc, Prince Eddie Atlas(Uganda), Black Rob, Iwan(Ghana), ModeNine(Nigeria), Aba** Aba** (Senegal), Lufu(Tanzania), Smif-n-Wessun, Makhtar(Senegal), Dead Prez, Dumi Right(Zimbabwe), M.anifest(Ghana), Memphis Bleek, Wanlov & M3nsa(FOKN Bois), Mugeez (Ghana), Mr Veezy(Zambia), Arabian Knightz(Egypt), Trigmatic(Ghana), Aba** Aba**(Senegal), Don Klemente(DRC), Gibril Da African(Ghana), Meta & The Cornerstones(Senegal), and Asem(Ghana).

‘The Black Star Line Mixtape Vol 1’ is a precursor to ‘Close to My Roots’, s a project dedicated to creating great music featuring African and American artists and exposing the “true” African sound and its musicians to the global music market. Eric “Coptic” Matlock, the producer of this album, who was born and raised in Ghana believes that Africa has a strong Hip Hop, Reggae and Cultural Rap presence that is often overlooked in regards to its worldwide musical influence. “The continent has many talented artists that need to be exposed to the rest of the world,” he comments.

Coptic migrated to the U.S. at 13 and started producing music years later. He since has produced records for The Notorious B.I.G (If I Should Die Before I Wake & Living The Life), Puff Daddy aka “Diddy” (I Need A Girl), Jermaine Dupri (All That’s Gotta Go), Ma$e, KRS-One, Shyne and countless other successful artists on their platinum plus albums.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Yeah man, it seems they sleeping on S.A. too, whoever knows Lee Kasumba, needs to get at her about this project, Coptic is working on a studio album called "Close to My Roots" where he is pairing African MC's with U.S. ones on some tracks, a couple of which were on this mixtape to promote the movement, its obvious there are a lot of Ghanaian MC's on the project, seeing how that is where Coptic is originally from, but it would be a shame if there were no talented S.A. MC's present on the project, seeing how the south has really been holding it down for hip-hop!

P.S. The Mighty Sahara track from Buckshot (Black Moon/Boot Cam Clik) & Dumi Right (Zimbabwe Legit) is FIRE!!!

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
220 views, and 1 reply... I thought this was some good news, but never mind,.. Lames

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
thanks for the tip. registered on the site.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
"AG don't care about hip hop"

Thanks for the link. I'm heavy on this movement first thing when I get home tonight