Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Random Thoughts

briCK · 953 · 570403

zero47

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Zambia tried doing nationalisation of their copper mines and they were apparently losing $1m a day, and now they are back to what it was before nationalisation and zambia has one of the better growth rates in Sub-Saharan Africa, better than South Africa's.

there's another explanation why that happened bro, its not just because they nationalised.

then what happened bro, croynism, new mining entrepreneurs...

Copper was losing value.
granted, prices go up and down...then, why was it that the Zambian copper industry was the most devastated bro? Australia is also a major producer of copper and their industry was not as devastated. a simple deduction could be that, the companies that were operating in Zambia left when nationalisation happened and Zambia was left with a shitload of copper they could not sell, and what they could sell was going not to the government or the people but to the "new mining entrepreneurs"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Zambia tried doing nationalisation of their copper mines and they were apparently losing $1m a day, and now they are back to what it was before nationalisation and zambia has one of the better growth rates in Sub-Saharan Africa, better than South Africa's.

there's another explanation why that happened bro, its not just because they nationalised.

Copper was losing value.
granted, prices go up and down...then, why was it that the Zambian copper industry was the most devastated bro? Australia is also a major producer of copper and their industry was not as devastated. a simple deduction could be that, the companies that were operating in Zambia left when nationalisation happened and Zambia was left with a shitload of copper they could not sell, and what they could sell was going not to the government or the people but to the "new mining entrepreneurs"

Ding ding ding!

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Copper was losing value.

Yes, you’re right so the biggest problem wasn’t that they nationalised but rather the reaction of the west to this nationalisation. Things have changed; the west is now no longer the big player. If we nationalise and our current investors decide to pull out there are a lot more investors waiting to invest in S.A. like Asia. The debate of nationalisation has been on the table since Mandela was president and the only reason it didn’t happen was because we were so dependent on the west and their investments. We are not any more. 

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Copper was losing value.

Yes, you’re right so the biggest problem wasn’t that they nationalised but rather the reaction of the west to this nationalisation. Things have changed; the west is now no longer the big player. If we nationalise and our current investors decide to pull out there are a lot more investors waiting to invest in S.A. like Asia. The debate of nationalisation has been on the table since Mandela was president and the only reason it didn’t happen was because we were so dependent on the west and their investments. We are not any more.

Sometimes the obvious is not that obvious to some. Well put.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
im loving this debate right here
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

hmm! i dont agree will come back with my response on my issue with the chinese (Asia)
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
yeah,  i get it. SA will disregard its commitment to long term trade agreements  with its current trading partners and  the Chinese will buy each and every single South African export. Even the ones they dont need. They are over 1 billion afterall. obviously South Africans will be happy to wear knock off gear and all other GREAT products the PRC has to offer. You guys are on to something

Scratch Head

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
yeah,  i get it. SA will disregard its commitment to long term trade agreements  with its current trading partners and  the Chinese will buy each and every single South African export. Even the ones they dont need. They are over 1 billion afterall. obviously South Africans will be happy to wear knock off gear and all other GREAT products the PRC has to offer. You guys are on to something

LOL!!
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

exactly

cos when you say Asia, you mean the chinese. and they cannot consume everything. sure they might deal with you on your newly acquired oil reserves, precious stones? (i dont know chinese have never been a market for those kind of things) so what does that leave you with? and what do you get in return?

im all for a situation where the continent benefits the most from its birthright. but then we have worked ourselves in a situation where we really dont have much to bargain with. we need to be more smart about it than just militant. u will fight for something you cant use. will it be all worth it?

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
The debate of nationalisation has been on the table since Mandela was president and the only reason it didn’t happen was because we were so dependent on the west and their investments. We are not any more.

You need to back that up with facts because the last time I checked we are still bigging-up Coca-Cola and MTV and have not yet started speaking Mandarin.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
we need to be more smart about it than just militant. u will fight for something you cant use. will it be all worth it?

Exactly

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
The economy of this country is at the moment, incredibly fragile and nationalizing the mines would weaken it very much, however we are growing as a nation and we might as well just take the risk. the corruption in this country is the greatest threat to this idea and making it work would require dedicated, competent and honest personnel....
Hood.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
this could be a significant move for us south africans,, our economy means everything to us, therefore to make these mines work for the people it would require setting up a solid policy that would protect them from abuse by these fat face, big belly, speks wearin anc motherf***ers.....and julius. im not sure about what woud happen to foreign investment thou...but my sensor suspects it would detect a huge defect!
Hood.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
whats the use of having dstv compact? seriously i think getting a full package is the only option. half the channels on compact are straight garbage. anyone got that dstv hd? wana ugrade to that..how nice is it?

earl?
Hood.