Africasgateway.com

Destructive lifestyles by the youth

Waylander · 118 · 57160

Waylander

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-5
  • Eat shit and die, f***nutz!!
    • View Profile
    • check this shit out... its for your own good... beleive me..
He waylander go easy on kid...rather shut ur faggotory, "i was admitted to barraguanath hosptal when i was circumcised" mouth up coz u only being sarcastic when u shouldnt be u dumb f***. rather give constructive criticism or useful advice and prove that u worthy enough to be called "bra"

ftsek ngohlekisa man.

*kills a person trying to xpress his anger*

The less said the better...

Waylander

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-5
  • Eat shit and die, f***nutz!!
    • View Profile
    • check this shit out... its for your own good... beleive me..
^^^if u don't mind me asking, why don't you want to do the circumcision?

the question should be why do they want me to do circumcision? everybody who trying to explain why i need to do hasn't given me a good enough reason for me to do it.

So awuzokoluka chief? nja!!

case in point

Uyinja ke qha... four nyawo... juvi.. janki... usi skapi njandini.. masende'bhokhwe..if you pm me a pic of ijwabu(foreskin) yakho ill deposit R50 into your bank account!! Its been a while since ndilibona...

no manhood characteristics to shine on that you are so desperate and dumb to try to find it under the shade of my foreskin.

Huh?

Dont know what that was suppozd to be.. But whatever you intended it to be, it didnt work...

ask a real man to translate it for you little boy.

This is quickly getting out of line...Not cool!!!

Mna ndizothethelelwa ngu mkhonto nembabala qha... ndigqibile...

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile

the question should be why do they want me to do circumcision? everybody who trying to explain why i need to do hasn't given me a good enough reason for me to do it.

case in point

Uyinja ke qha... four nyawo... juvi.. janki... usi skapi njandini.. masende'bhokhwe..if you pm me a pic of ijwabu(foreskin) yakho ill deposit R50 into your bank account!! Its been a while since ndilibona...

no manhood characteristics to shine on that you are so desperate and dumb to try to find it under the shade of my foreskin.

Huh?

Dont know what that was suppozd to be.. But whatever you intended it to be, it didnt work...

ask a real man to translate it for you little boy.

This is quickly getting out of line...Not cool!!!
Tl tl tl tl tl I was waiting for this, lmao! that train is never late!
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
this is getting chikdish, we had a cow @ the crib about 2 months back, I had to break up a brawl between to cats because the other one accused the other of being a "boy" how old were these cats u ask, they were in their 50s. smh @ deac having to put an old f*** in a joint lock. sometimes u gotta walk away from the bullshit seriously

That not good enough for ya?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Lol old people beef kills me, in his 90s my gandfather would tell "biza loya mfana" he would talking bout a 70 year old who has grand kids! I'd lol and call the 70 year old "boy" death by laughter!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Copied N Pasted-------------------------------

In the article “Cultural warriors are not rational” (City Press 2 August 2009), Andile Mngxitama seems to be disgusted by the “slave mentality” that induces Africans to “kill young men in the name of a mythical and idiotic thing called manhood”. He suspects “this madness is a result of spiritual and material dispossession” that resulted in our “backwardness, fear, superstition and irrationality”

A belief system as an aspect of culture is a subject that has over time intrigued anthropologists. It is simply repeated, learned and acquired behaviour that sometimes consolidates into rituals. These rituals need not be “rational” or scientific. Nor do they have to be “proven” in newspaper columns or academic platforms for them to be accepted. Those who may have an affinity to impose Karl Marx’s statements where they least apply may be interested to find out why Marx never cut his beard in the first place.

Belief systems are critically important for group affiliation, social acceptance and self-affirmation. The rejection and social sanction against those who despise our way of life is what sometimes compels inkwenkwe to join his peers entabeni against the wish and readiness of his parents.

All societies have their share of “irrationality and idiocy”. There is for instance nothing “rational” in shaking hands; covering your body for decency and walk naked in the beach among the same people; shaving your head and beard hoping to be handsome. But no matter how idiotic it sounds, no American male candidate would win a presidential election with a face hidden under a forest of hair and beard. It makes me wonder if it is the same concept of rationality that makes Mngxitama not to wear skirts.

Granted, some aspects of cultural practice could be dangerous. Yet the beauty of culture may be located in that very same quality. Europeans spend valuable time fighting and sometimes killing or getting killed by bulls. I have yet to hear someone screaming about the idiocy and cruelty caused to animals by this culture.

Car racing, rugby or boxing are all “dangerous” and perhaps “idiotic” sports. But “rational” people call not for their abolition but regulation. By the same token, stringent regulation and control of ulwaluko must be imposed to curb the deaths that have the effect of drowning the social importance of the practice. Amakhwenkwe are never meant to be killed at the mountain – ayadlangwa. If we were to heed the socially reckless call to abolish ulwaluko because of the “neglect and incompetence” visiting the practice, there would be no public hospitals today.

The cut is a small aspect of ulwaluko. It is a powerful institution where you learn the values of ubuntu. That is also where the writer learned to be an African and umJwarha. I came to appreciate the knowledge of science by the indigenous people. Umkhwetha smears lime (calcium carbonate) all over his body. This substance has anti-perspirant and anti-deodorant properties, which account for why umkhwetha does not have a foul smell despite not washing for months. It also serves as a sunscreen.

I doubt if anybody could be proud of ridiculing Africans for lack of originality by wearing “Czechoslovakian beads” and eating “Latin American maize” as though there is nothing African these nations are using. They are using our mathematical formulas, singing our jazz and eating our meat. They are still colonising our artifacts in their museums. Be that as it might, we traded with other nations on equal par long before Christ was born. We were not done any favours.

Sadly, Africans are often the first to attack their own value systems in such exaggerated viciousness as would make Verwoerd turn green with envy in his grave. We are the first to distort and attack ilobola as reducing women to commodities when it has nothing of the sort in its undiluted version. We are so obsessed with departing from ourselves that we even walk, talk, laugh and eat in the manner and style of other people. Talk about slave mentality"

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

case in point

Or Fotyela!! ;) anyway waylander its not hows its done now!! You wont get nothing out of it if spew venom n calling out names!! You get a brandy or whisky without asking for it!!

Now they have these circumcision schools at the back, at their father's Garages Smh! and listening to lil wayne!! ::)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Copied N Pasted-------------------------------

In the article “Cultural warriors are not rational” (City Press 2 August 2009), Andile Mngxitama seems to be disgusted by the “slave mentality” that induces Africans to “kill young men in the name of a mythical and idiotic thing called manhood”. He suspects “this madness is a result of spiritual and material dispossession” that resulted in our “backwardness, fear, superstition and irrationality”

A belief system as an aspect of culture is a subject that has over time intrigued anthropologists. It is simply repeated, learned and acquired behaviour that sometimes consolidates into rituals. These rituals need not be “rational” or scientific. Nor do they have to be “proven” in newspaper columns or academic platforms for them to be accepted. Those who may have an affinity to impose Karl Marx’s statements where they least apply may be interested to find out why Marx never cut his beard in the first place.

Belief systems are critically important for group affiliation, social acceptance and self-affirmation. The rejection and social sanction against those who despise our way of life is what sometimes compels inkwenkwe to join his peers entabeni against the wish and readiness of his parents.

All societies have their share of “irrationality and idiocy”. There is for instance nothing “rational” in shaking hands; covering your body for decency and walk naked in the beach among the same people; shaving your head and beard hoping to be handsome. But no matter how idiotic it sounds, no American male candidate would win a presidential election with a face hidden under a forest of hair and beard. It makes me wonder if it is the same concept of rationality that makes Mngxitama not to wear skirts.

Granted, some aspects of cultural practice could be dangerous. Yet the beauty of culture may be located in that very same quality. Europeans spend valuable time fighting and sometimes killing or getting killed by bulls. I have yet to hear someone screaming about the idiocy and cruelty caused to animals by this culture.

Car racing, rugby or boxing are all “dangerous” and perhaps “idiotic” sports. But “rational” people call not for their abolition but regulation. By the same token, stringent regulation and control of ulwaluko must be imposed to curb the deaths that have the effect of drowning the social importance of the practice. Amakhwenkwe are never meant to be killed at the mountain – ayadlangwa. If we were to heed the socially reckless call to abolish ulwaluko because of the “neglect and incompetence” visiting the practice, there would be no public hospitals today.

The cut is a small aspect of ulwaluko. It is a powerful institution where you learn the values of ubuntu. That is also where the writer learned to be an African and umJwarha. I came to appreciate the knowledge of science by the indigenous people. Umkhwetha smears lime (calcium carbonate) all over his body. This substance has anti-perspirant and anti-deodorant properties, which account for why umkhwetha does not have a foul smell despite not washing for months. It also serves as a sunscreen.

I doubt if anybody could be proud of ridiculing Africans for lack of originality by wearing “Czechoslovakian beads” and eating “Latin American maize” as though there is nothing African these nations are using. They are using our mathematical formulas, singing our jazz and eating our meat. They are still colonising our artifacts in their museums. Be that as it might, we traded with other nations on equal par long before Christ was born. We were not done any favours.

Sadly, Africans are often the first to attack their own value systems in such exaggerated viciousness as would make Verwoerd turn green with envy in his grave. We are the first to distort and attack ilobola as reducing women to commodities when it has nothing of the sort in its undiluted version. We are so obsessed with departing from ourselves that we even walk, talk, laugh and eat in the manner and style of other people. Talk about slave mentality"

The real problem is education, our elders don't educate us on these things which is why the western education easily influence the way we see our beliefs and customs. Even most circumcised Xhosas dont seem recognise the "science" in our practices. even in politics of black consciousness I have never heard any african political system being referenced when talking of possible political solutions.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

case in point

Or Fotyela!! ;) anyway waylander its not hows its done now!! You wont get nothing out of it if spew venom n calling out names!! You get a brandy or whisky without asking for it!!

Now they have these circumcision schools at the back, at their father's Garages Smh! and listening to lil wayne!! ::)

hee madoda....umntu ongolukanga uqale nini uba ngu " Fotyela" ngoku?  bendisazi ukuba unofotyela ngunotywetywe ( someone who ended up in hospital coz he culd not take the heat)!!! and oh yeah f*** Andile!!!!

motley

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Christianity has nothing to do with race. The fact that the missionaries that propagated the religion in South Africa were white does not discredit the truths in the bible. If you read your history, you'll learn not all of them were on good terms with the colony. Missionaries like Dr van der Kemp lived with the Xhosa in their way of life. Xhosa spirituality has always had gaps, like on what happens on the after life, some were filled by the Khoi before the missionaries. The issue of faith is complex, please do not make uninformed statements stemming from an ignorant and often contrived afrocentric perspective.

As one who went through the ritual, I know the effect it had on my spirit, long after I had been circumsised.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
The real problem is education, our elders don't educate us on these things which is why the western education easily influence the way we see our beliefs and customs. Even most circumcised Xhosas dont seem recognise the "science" in our practices. even in politics of black consciousness I have never heard any african political system being referenced when talking of possible political solutions.

i call it "The Conspiracy of Cultural Silence"

from the pre-apartheid era to the present, black parents and elders don't say shit!

and then they hate me when i'm down in Cape Town doing blow off white girl tittays.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I bet I could beat the shit out of Jesus. Damn baby acting like his shit don't stink.

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
I bet I could beat the shit out of Jesus. Damn baby acting like his shit don't stink.

Who is this directed to??Waylander/motley/panic?
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
Christianity has nothing to do with race. The fact that the missionaries that propagated the religion in South Africa were white does not discredit the truths in the bible. If you read your history, you'll learn not all of them were on good terms with the colony. Missionaries like Dr van der Kemp lived with the Xhosa in their way of life. Xhosa spirituality has always had gaps, like on what happens on the after life, some were filled by the Khoi before the missionaries. The issue of faith is complex, please do not make uninformed statements stemming from an ignorant and often contrived afrocentric perspective.

As one who went through the ritual, I know the effect it had on my spirit, long after I had been circumsised.

You make some good points, but its obvious you are very religious, so your default position will be that Christianity is the whole truth with no 'gaps'. This thing of mixing cultural beliefs and Christianity (if you're a born-again believer) obviously causes trauma.
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

You make some good points, but its obvious you are very religious, so your default position will be that Christianity is the whole truth with no 'gaps'. This thing of mixing cultural beliefs and Christianity (if you're a born-again believer) obviously causes trauma.

:)