Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Destructive lifestyles by the youth

Waylander · 118 · 57120

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
had a great friend, my best friend at the time, he went for circumcision, when he came out he let me know the custom doesnt allow him to befriend him. the friendship ended like that. another very close friend of mine from way back did the same before him too. he told me he cannot befriend me after he returned from the bush.

any of you all dude mind commenting on this?

Simple...ikwekwe yinja... ;)

Its just a rule chap and its based on the fact you are now a man and are supposed to disa**ociate yourself with all things "boyish", Hence you get rid of all your old clothes and boyish habits (Imikhwa)

Plus you wont get the same respect from other men if ikwekwe ikubiza ngegama and you allow it...Imagine your boy callin you "Ta RR" or as you put it in CT "Bhuter" as he is supposed to...

I imagined something deep :-/

Nah nothin deep about it man...Its all ultimately about respect, and nothing's more important kuwe xa ulikrwala than respect...

If I may ask...how old are you bro? Have you ever lived in a township/village?

I'm from the township, Gugs. I lived in a village for one year when I was seven. Im 30

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
had a great friend, my best friend at the time, he went for circumcision, when he came out he let me know the custom doesnt allow him to befriend him. the friendship ended like that. another very close friend of mine from way back did the same before him too. he told me he cannot befriend me after he returned from the bush.

Its just a rule chap and its based on the fact you are now a man and are supposed to disa**ociate yourself with all things "boyish", Hence you get rid of all your old clothes and boyish habits (Imikhwa)

Plus you wont get the same respect from other men if ikwekwe ikubiza ngegama and you allow it...Imagine your boy callin you "Ta RR" or as you put it in CT "Bhuter" as he is supposed to...

Nah nothin deep about it man...Its all ultimately about respect, and nothing's more important kuwe xa ulikrwala than respect...

I'm from the township, Gugs. I lived in a village for one year when I was seven. Im 30

This is strangeness to my mind...Cos one would think @ 30 and having spent time with Xhosas, you woulda realised the significance of ulwaluko...What about fam? havent your uncles,pops, big bro's or even friends spoken to you about this?

I don't get it...Werent you one of the cats who called Mad "Jwabulani"?

Look I'm not gon diss or judge I just wanna understand this...Cos personally I never questioned it, It was something I looked forward to after matric, Something That I not only HAD to do, but something I WANTED to do...It was my culture and that's it!

If I'm being personal forgive me bro, I just dont understand being a 30 Year old Xhosa boy...

BTW I've seen a 56 year old mkhwetha...not a good look! so might wanna check yourself...
Real Recognise Real

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile

This is strangeness to my mind...Cos one would think @ 30 and having spent time with Xhosas, you woulda realised the significance of ulwaluko...What about fam? havent your uncles,pops, big bro's or even friends spoken to you about this?

Look I'm not gon diss or judge I just wanna understand this...Cos personally I never questioned it, It was something I looked forward to after matric, Something That I not only HAD to do, but something I WANTED to do...It was my culture and that's it!

If I'm being personal forgive me bro, I just dont understand being a 30 Year old Xhosa boy...

BTW I've seen a 56 year old mkhwetha...not a good look! so might wanna check yourself...

that was harsh, but RR might get kidnapped and get sent to the mountains......I know this other Sotho guy who got set up, niggas got him drunk...he woke up at the hills heheh
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
@Touareg its not strange in Gugs/Nyanga/Crossroads/Langa...look at Fikile Mbalula.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

I thought it was no secret here on AG that Im Xhosa and never went for circumcision. I don't know how many times I've spoken about this here. I dont think I ever called Mad Jwabulani, if I did, you might have to maybe check the context at which I did.

To respond to the rest of what you said. Thats the thing with the Xhosa definition of manhood and respect, I don't relate to it at all. I respect a lot about my culture and I follow the customs and tradition now but the reasons explained to me as into why I should do it don't appeal to me at all.

I have just met my fathers side of the family for the first time, now i have to deal with his older brothers about this issue and i was told by one of them straight up that it will come to me being forced to do it. I've only met him about a month ago but this seems to be the most important/worrying issue for him. He strikes me as a good person but the authority in which he already thinks he has over me and that decision is really something else.

From both sides of the family, I know there will come a time where I will be caught sleeping. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I have made a decision to go though, that was after panic's comment. now choosing a side (father's or mothers) by which i should do is going to be a real challenge.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
it was something i looked forward to too. I still cant forget how sad i was when my younger cousin I grew up with went in first but i couldnt because of money issues. then by the time i was 19, my views on the custom had changed. I refused to go.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

I thought it was no secret here on AG that Im Xhosa and never went for circumcision. I don't know how many times I've spoken about this here. I dont think I ever called Mad Jwabulani, if I did, you might have to maybe check the context at which I did.

To respond to the rest of what you said. Thats the thing with the Xhosa definition of manhood and respect, I don't relate to it at all. I respect a lot about my culture and I follow the customs and tradition now but the reasons explained to me as into why I should do it don't appeal to me at all.

I have just met my fathers side of the family for the first time, now i have to deal with his older brothers about this issue and i was told by one of them straight up that it will come to me being forced to do it. I've only met him about a month ago but this seems to be the most important/worrying issue for him. He strikes me as a good person but the authority in which he already thinks he has over me and that decision is really something else.

From both sides of the family, I know there will come a time where I will be caught sleeping. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I have made a decision to go though, that was after panic's comment. now choosing a side (father's or mothers) by which i should do is going to be a real challenge.

Nuff said!!!

BTW December's here...Ndiyayivela lo ngcibi bawo!!! wophuk' umdlanga...
Real Recognise Real

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
nah nigga, i cant just go this december, just mentioned that i have met my fathers side of the fam for the first time recently so theres still the issue of crossing over or not crossing over. then again, because of their religion certain parts of the custom are excluded so im not comfortable with that. its gonna be a tough one.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
nah nigga, i cant just go this december, just mentioned that i have met my fathers side of the fam for the first time recently so theres still the issue of crossing over or not crossing over. then again, because of their religion certain parts of the custom are excluded so im not comfortable with that. its gonna be a tough one.

Aight I hear you fam...Got clarity!
Real Recognise Real

motley

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
If you a Christian don't do it, it's demonic period, it's ancestor worship. I regret having done it. In no way did it make me any more of a man. But there's a definite spiritual element to it, you might even have to visit sangomas before going there.

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
If you a Christian don't do it, it's demonic period, it's ancestor worship. I regret having done it. In no way did it make me any more of a man. But there's a definite spiritual element to it, you might even have to visit sangomas before going there.

Bwahahahah 8).I respect your views though, used to think like this as a teenager untill I re-evaluated the "Gospel"
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

nc nc nc.

Im not christian

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
So Xhosa men wouldnt befriend Xhosa boys on FB?

no pyro  ;D

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

For the life of me I don't understand how the whiteman pulled this shit off!

Practices which were the way of life DECADES before the arrival of whites have our blacks turning they backs on a way of living older than they ansestors and embrace....the SAME thing packaged different..

We belived that our Ansestors are the only people who can speak to God so we speak to him through them by "speaking" to a person who is not physically tangible!

Is that not EXACTLY what Christains do ...Jesus IS an ansestor and "the only to my father is through me!" is something that was uttered...no one sees him physicaly so they "speak" to a person who is not physically tangible...
when packaged by white missioraies it demonic ancestor worship if its packaged by white men in dresses its Religion.

I SERIOUSLY am dissaopinted by blacks! othathekile!

but to each they own....comming from a family of sangomas and nyanga i will punch a person in the mouth if they refer to that way of life as demonic!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.