Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Yo Song Of The Day 2011...........................!

K'niep Tang · 570 · 238934

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
paragraphs of love - Ghostface Killah,
so com voce - Thieverry Corporation
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
The Left - How We Live (feat. Ha**aan Mackey)

what did you think of this album, HONESTLY?...the heads are hailing it as a "Cla**ic" but i beg to differ, perhaps its cos i felt APOLLO BROWN borrowed so much from DJ MUGGS' beat making style the record almost felt like it was desigined for someone like CHASE INFINITE or PLANET ASIA...anyhow, its a good bump...but in my humble opinion, far from a "cla**ic"...!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Jezebel - Sade (shit bangs hard)
Someday we'll all be free - Donny Hathaway

The Donny is quite appropriate seeing as the Americans are celebrating MLK day.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt

what did you think of this album, HONESTLY?...the heads are hailing it as a "Cla**ic" but i beg to differ, perhaps its cos i felt APOLLO BROWN borrowed so much from DJ MUGGS' beat making style the record almost felt like it was desigined for someone like CHASE INFINITE or PLANET ASIA...anyhow, its a good bump...but in my humble opinion, far from a "cla**ic"...!

Maybe Im an Apollo groupie hahahaha i dunno...but I feel this album goes HARD...Muggs???...na man if you listen to The Left and Muggs n Planet Asia's Pain Language, you will notice a distinct contrast...Apollo's samples are way more soulful and his kicks and snares are way more hard hitting than Muggs, oh and his samples are smoother...Muggs has alotta "transylvanian" samples hahahaha especially on Kill Devil Hills with Ill Bill...like this one for instance...

DJ Muggs & Planet Asia - Death Frees Every Soul (feat. Sick Jacken) (i LOVE the sample)

>

Apollo is soul, Muggs troubles souls

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Maybe Im an Apollo groupie hahahaha i dunno...but I feel this album goes HARD...Muggs???...na man if you listen to The Left and Muggs n Planet Asia's Pain Language, you will notice a distinct contrast...Apollo's samples are way more soulful and his kicks and snares are way more hard hitting than Muggs, oh and his samples are smoother...Muggs has alotta "transylvanian" samples hahahaha especially on Kill Devil Hills with Ill Bill...like this one for instance...

DJ Muggs & Planet Asia - Death Frees Every Soul (feat. Sick Jacken) (i LOVE the sample)

>

Apollo is soul, Muggs troubles souls

LOL, aight, aight...check...when he dropped "the reset" then "brown study" with Boog Brown hed just come out of a very long hiatus (6 years to be exact), his style of beats was pretty much still in the same vein as what he used to do, thats why he felt comfortable running with "MELLO MUSIC GROUP" cos they got laid back producers like ODDISEE on the roster...long story short, after RE-establishing himself with those two albums he felt that he had to climb out of his comfort zone when he put together "GAS MASK".

my view is that he was trying to shed the typical "soul" infused joints for something a bit more rougher around the edges. did he do it with a bit of soul, YES, but he had to school himself on how to do it without sounding too typical of his original production layout...i speak on MUGGS cos no one can rep DARK but SOULFUL like he can. heres a CLa**IC we both know "when the fat lady sings" with GZA...listen to that there joint or even better yet "the rock rock on" which is MUGGS' latest production offa the "LA/PHILLIPINES" record with BAMBU & youl see that MUGGS has SOUL but reps it with a grimey signature...

as for the DRUMS...i dont think you want to get me started on those...the DRUM PATTERNING on "GAS MASK" is so generic, it lacks any form of experimentation, i find that its more safe than daring & the beats are carried more by the melody than they are by the power behind the drums...

moreover, you cant compare the way DJs and proudcers pattern drums cos for DJs it is never the same. the DJ's technique of patterning drums with turntables ensures versitility everyTIME. thats why "general principles" from MUGGS vs GZA is NOT the same as "pow wow drums" by MUGGS vs BAMBU, even though to the untrained ear it may appear like the "same" beat.

just as a quick add ON...thats why APOLLO BROWN has a DJ in "The left"  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
KV BEATS (producer from Denmark) feat Little Vic - Orange Alert (as taken offa THE RESUME)

"the black sabbath spit backwards"

shoutout to KV BEATS & LITTLE VIC by the way, my big homey KRITIK and I are very humbled to have them on our upcoming album CLa**IC DIRT coming SOON...look out for that  8)

for the OFFICIAL CLa**IC DIRT PROMO, you can go here:

http://www.africasgateway.com/2010/12/cla**ic-dirt-promo/   8)

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
Keep Going Reek - Reek Da Villain ( your team is full of ninja turtles and your master's a rat)
M Turn

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
J.Cole - See world.
Rick Ross - Black man's Dream (monster track this)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:57:50 AM by General Ratzinger van Stilzkin »
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
More J. Cole  - Farewell.

"for the niggas climbing heavens starewell, i bid you farewell"
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

oints

• AG Veteran