Africasgateway.com

BACK TO THE CITY 2k11

Psyklone · 57 · 34790

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
I can't recall ever being more bored, All the perfomances I looked forward to were to come on late which meant I had to bear with the wack (to me) shit in the meantime, I left at around 9. Yo!
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I can't recall ever being more bored, All the perfomances I looked forward to were to come on late which meant I had to bear with the wack (to me) shit in the meantime, I left at around 9. Yo!

Qha wazxelela uba awuzu holler-risha?

I was bored too bro. This has been the worst one yet.

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile

Eish, Ingxaki i was under the impression/illusion that my phone can get onto AG and do the PPM kanti nope, i was naive to be suprised it's some old nokia ebalisa ngexesha layo.
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Eish, Ingxaki i was under the impression/illusion that my phone can get onto AG and do the PPM kanti nope, i was naive to be suprised it's some old nokia ebalisa ngexesha layo.

alright no problem bro.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile

Really? That bad???

Really wanted to go to this mayne...Qha ndaske ndavuka kwam kugcwele amanxila epheth' utywala...ndaske nam ndanxila early kengok' yabo?

wasnt bound to drive to the J in that state...qond'ba mand'flore qha!
Real Recognise Real

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Glad I didn't make the effort then. Saved me a lot of money and time, in that case.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
I didn't pay to go in and I was STILL disappointed considering i left a braai to go to Back to The City. Speaking of honeys, Naturelle got some fly friends!
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Speaking of honeys, Naturelle got some fly friends!
^^^This is not a compliment bro!!!
Real Recognise Real

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile

Explain yourself...
www.myspace.com/tang1632

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
I left 10 minutes I saw you guy.... I was bored already!

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Did you even go inside?
www.myspace.com/tang1632

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Explain yourself...
You make me sound not easy on the eyes Tang. That's what he is saying.
But it's okay I'm beautiful on the inside. Kwa!

I had fun coz I was with friends. We always just create our own thing. Driemanskap and Kanyisa brought down the house, Proverb wore a cap again, left the studio to come back to the street,  Swoosh and Switch at the back there with the Bboys!Amunishin too dope, Nothende's voice!
I didn't get to see a lot of the acts, walking around looking for food, tryna keep warm, taking pics, talking.
Ondaground and Lee were okay as hosts but I done seen enough of them and most of the line up.
There are so many more people that should be on that line up.

There were lots of people. Growth for the festival. I hope Osmic's books balanced. But pantsula dancers? Come on man that's not hip, they must hop.

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Purist you are Naturelle!

I followed Lee's and DJ Sbu's twitter feeds. It looked like a packed crowd. Do the organizers make decent money out of this?

RR you flew from Cape Town to Jozi for non-business activity? That's not keeping it real yo! but then again I've heard about the bad weather in the Kaap but could it be that bad really?:-\
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
RR you flew from Cape Town to Jozi for non-business activity? That's not keeping it real yo! but then again I've heard about the bad weather in the Kaap but could it be that bad really?:-\

lol

I dont know why this seems absurd for some people. people go all the way to swaziland, zimbabwe, cape town for other genres of music festivals but hardly for any hip-hop. is there no one who thinks theres a hip-hop event worth taking a flight for? nigga I can afford it so what? I still love the culture. Back To The City has the potetial to turn into an event that can be as big as the Cape Town Jazz Festival if Hip-Hoppers just supported it. as far as I know this is the best/greatest Hip-Hop event since Hip-Hop Indaba lost its mojo.

no beef, thought i'd say it.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm