Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

HIP HOP: TURNING POP CULTURE INTO A CULTURE OF RESISTANCE

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
I hear you Sosiba but if Hiphop is going to claim to be politically and ethically superior compared to other genres to other music genres slash subcultures then I half expect us to act, communicate and show soldarity in a meangiful way when it matters.

I respect tracks that speak on the social issues like Ben Sharpa's Hegemony and Skwatta Kamp's Baba President. When an incident like what happened in Ficksburg goes down I expect to hear Hegemony Reloaded on that same day.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile

Kwaito is almost dead due to house music why would you pick on it now?  ;D

Also, I found that the south african hiphop community was very quiet about Andreas Tetane. How are we going to diss kwaito then? Thats just hypocritical.

Kwaito may be dead in SA but it is alive and kicking in
  Namibia!!!

On the social commentary and political aspect, there
   were songs like Arthur's "K@ff!r" and Boom Shaka's
   "Mkwerekwere" that did put emphasis on South Africa'
    social ills during the early days of Kwaito. The person
    which wrote this article should've wrote more about
    the impact of old school SA Hip-hop ( POC, Black Noise)
    because I thought that it had more of a political impact
    than Kwaito.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Also, I found that the south african hiphop community was very quiet about Andreas Tetane. How are we going to diss kwaito then? Thats just hypocritical.

Namibia!!!

True. I think its the same in Mozambique but yes definitely more so in Namibia. Dope dope beats too!

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile

Namibia!!!

True. I think its the same in Mozambique but yes definitely more so in Namibia. Dope dope beats too!

I've heard some from Mozambique but they're really into Zouk music. Botswana has some dope Kwaito
too but I don't know if it's still around. Namibia keeps producing more and I remember when Ees (Namibia's
Lekgoa ) used to do Hip-Hop.

DesperateLowlifes Fanatik

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Addictive Hip Hop Music
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Siblings

The SA Hip Hop community is almost guaranteed to be quite about everything other than stuff that concerns them directly (which by implication is stuff that is very unimportant to the rest of the country).  Look at our Hip Hop magazines - there is hardly anything there that qualifies as real current affairs.  They might give a shout out to Mandela and them once in a while, and only around Freedom Day (and other days of that sort), but otherwise we (ie, our SA Hip Hop media) are detached from the issues affecting the country.