briCK · 62 · 28341

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
In SA, MORAFE hands down.

Worldwide, EPMD, Mobb Deep & Blackstar

But Morafe isn't a duo tho...  :-\

Oops, always forget about that other crooner dude. But he always comes across as a featured guest to me, like a non-permanent member with a recurring role as a crooner. :D :D

I guess I was thinking too much on "rap duo" and subconsciously forgot about KG.

He needs to a**ert himself more as part of the group on all fronts.  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:26:25 PM by Mega »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Psyklone

• reppin 1022 all the way thru!
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-11
  • I dont rap...I brainstorm food for thought!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.1022affiiation.blogspot.com
H2O no doubt for me! They had some few joints i really liked.They had Its wonderful,they had Ama gish gish,nice.
 Like this other joint where them H20 Dudes are dating n are pussy whipped by this one broad and they dont know shes playing them. That track concept is like they both making a call to this broad rapping over the phone and after each verse,she interrupts"Hold on baby,ive got another call coming wait,dont hang up" then Sphiwe starts rapping while the other nigga waits getting his airtime wasted. nice song nice beat!!!

Calling Roxanne  8) that was a dope concept for real kinda reminds me of Love triangle by Scavengers (if I'm spelling the name right).

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Best Official Duos:
Run DMC
EPMD
Outkast
Organized Konfusion
Smifnwessun
MOBB Deep
Blackstar
Binary Star
Camp Lo
Punch and Words
UGK

Best Un-official Duos
Raekwon & Ghostface
Royce 5'9 & Eminem

This looks proper! I was wondering why nobody mentioned 'Kast or Rae and Ghost until this post, only other duos I can think of worthy of mention are Eric B & Rakim (if you consider GangStarr and Kool G Rap & Polo,..), Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh, London Posse, Heltah Skeltah, Artifacts (Tame & MC EL), Qwel & Maker, Siah & Yeshua, KMD, Latyrx, Blackalicious, Kataklizim (zimbabwe), Positive Black Soul (senegal) and FOKN BOIS (ghana),.. oh yeah and Robo & Omen (s.a.) from back in the day ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:02:20 AM by watziznehmegin »

iamBakdraft

• Bakdraft
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-8
  • I'mmo gets mine...
    • View Profile
    • Iambakdraft's Blogspot

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

This looks proper! I was wondering why nobody mentioned 'Kast or Rae and Ghost until this post, only other duos I can think of worthy of mention are Eric B & Rakim (if you consider GangStarr and Kool G Rap & Polo,..), Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh, London Posse, Heltah Skeltah, Artifacts (Tame & MC EL), Qwel & Maker, Siah & Yeshua, KMD, Latyrx, Blackalicious, Kataklizim (zimbabwe), Positive Black Soul (senegal) and FOKN BOIS (ghana),.. oh yeah and Robo & Omen (s.a.) from back in the day ;)

Cosign:
Kataklizim,
Heltah Skeltah and
The Federation.

I wouldnt consider Gangstarr a "rapping" duo because Premier didnt trade rhymes with guru but they are one of the dopest hiphop groups ever. It's not getting technical with it so to each his own!

I forgot Robo and Omen were a group though but I remeber that Day 7 joint now. You got their ealier tracks?

Snaz and X-Amount had a good chemistry too. 
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Bad meets evil should probably be on here, even if they've only dropped two EPs.

The new one is a nice, but I don't like the double-time flows on almost every track. Em sounds way too much like Tech9 when he does that.

Weren't souls of Mischief a duo?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

Cosign:
Kataklizim,
Heltah Skeltah and
The Federation.

I forgot Robo and Omen were a group though but I remeber that Day 7 joint now. You got their ealier tracks?

Daily News I got they shit on tape somewhere!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Souls of Mischief are three dudes, Opio, A-plus and Tajai

Channel Live were a dope duo too, should probably get a mention in here...

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Oh yeah. I forgot about Tajai.

Thanks.

Think I should pull out the old music tonight when I get home.

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
Souls of Mischief are three dudes, Opio, A-plus and Tajai

Channel Live were a dope duo too, should probably get a mention in here...
Scratch Head

PrinceBoogie

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
  • The Boogieman
    • View Profile
H2O no doubt for me! They had some few joints i really liked.They had Its wonderful,they had Ama gish gish,nice.
 Like this other joint where them H20 Dudes are dating n are pussy whipped by this one broad and they dont know shes playing them. That track concept is like they both making a call to this broad rapping over the phone and after each verse,she interrupts"Hold on baby,ive got another call coming wait,dont hang up" then Sphiwe starts rapping while the other nigga waits getting his airtime wasted. nice song nice beat!!!

The track is "Calling Roxanne". Apparently it was a true story.

My fav is: Heltah Skeltah, Blackstarr, H2O and Raekwon and Ghost (Not sure if the count as a duo)
How in the hell am I supposed to stay comfy, when I have to pay child support alimony monthly? - Nas

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Rapping duos....

For me.

Redman and Method man
Blackstar
ATCQ (Q-tip and Phife Dawg)

I am not sure if Rapper/Producer partnerships count as duos...because i would have a much longer list for these.
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Rapping duos....

For me.

Redman and Method man
Blackstar
ATCQ (Q-tip and Phife Dawg)

I am not sure if Rapper/Producer partnerships count as duos...because i would have a much longer list for these.

Clique has got 4 members
Scratch Head

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
^^"Cats stay unseen like Jarobi" Cannibal Ox

There is new Tribe called Quest doc out there. I need to check it out and see if Jarobi really exists.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
^^^ yeah.. i m looking forward to seeing the documentary ..there is an uncapped wi-fi spot around my way(R10 for a pint of guinness just ended  :(  ) .i will share the flick once i get it
Scratch Head