From English to Zulu raps

Yung Zulu · 36 · 17527

Yung Zulu

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-2
  • Qhawe Lama Qhawe
    • View Profile
    • http://mp3twit.com/profile.php
Much appreciated... The best have just begun!
Qhawe lama Qhawe

Waylander

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-5
  • Eat shit and die, f***nutz!!
    • View Profile
    • check this shit out... its for your own good... beleive me..
African rappers using the word nigga in their raps are brainwashed and are nothing but followers who claim to be leaders. English is not the universal language. Music is the universal language. Anyway why try to sell in America when you can sell record in your own country. We lack creative ways as artisst to connect with our own people so we follow whats already been done. Embracing other cultures and neglecting your own is a sign of a lost people.Make your own culture cool and relevant to modern day society.

This is for onke Amaqhawe, mayihlome ihlasele.

Go to music links and get my new songs that ive been featured lately.

Eshe!

I agree with the bold bit.. i have, for a few years now had endless discussions with dudes from around the way regarding this.. It seems in S.A. "dope" rappers are judged by how american they sound.. The more american you sound, the doper you are percieved to be..

look at this L-tido chap, his accent is digusting! there is absolutely nothing original about the guy.. i actually rate that guy from teargas higher than i rate most of these so-called "real hip-hop" emcees in this country..

Its this swagger nonsense as well... dudes these days wear jeans, fitted caps, gla**es and blazers and claim swag.... kulahlekiwe nhyan bras.. i became disoriented with S.A. "hip-hop" a looong time ago....

Yung Zulu

• Foot Soldier
  • Qhawe Lama Qhawe
    • View Profile
Yea holmes I feel u! I personally have to say even my name "Zulu" was a way for me to be relevant to my own ppl even when I was rappin in English I always tried to relate to my own ppl! We make the mistake of thinkin that embracing other cultures will unite us as humans. The intention behind influencing a diff group ppl is to rule them, not to liberate them. That's why we end up looking up to Americans because we depend on them to set the trends that we follow.

I finally decided to rap in Zulu becos I truelly believe its never too late for a new revolution. Time doesn't exist, its an illusion there we cannot say we've gone too far to go back to embracing our own culture and make it cool! Diversity is the spice of life!

Now I'm makin songs that dudes ekasi can listen to and learn frm! And I kudnt agree with u more on the topic of thinkin that just cos u can afford to dress well means u got style "swagg". U can copy a look, but u can't copy style. Most ppl r copyin a look that's already been done and claim to be doin somethin diff.

I got my own look that I'm creatin which is heavily influenced by african culture, we gotta take our own culture and make it cool. I'm talkin "clothing wise, lingo(the way we talk), music wise etc"

Respect!!!
Qhawe lama Qhawe

Psyklone

• reppin 1022 all the way thru!
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-11
  • I dont rap...I brainstorm food for thought!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.1022affiiation.blogspot.com
Psssh...!  >:( Ya'll need to live and let live. "No idea is original under the sun" If you rap in venerc fine do it and do you best and let other dudes who rap or sound american do their own too...

Psyklone

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
This Vernec/English/American and dress code is soooo 2001 cats should just shut the f*** up and make music  >:(

Yung Zulu

• Foot Soldier
  • Qhawe Lama Qhawe
    • View Profile
Just like everybody has a right to be what they want, everybody has a right to their own opinion! If I dnt like somethin I'm gona say I dnt like it, that dnt mean I'm hatin..
Qhawe lama Qhawe

Yung Zulu

• Foot Soldier
  • Qhawe Lama Qhawe
    • View Profile
So 2001? Time doesn't exist holmes...
Qhawe lama Qhawe

Psyklone

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
So Zulu, when u keep saying "holmes, holmes" are u being a leader and not a follower ? isn't that slang used by Americans as well, particularly Latinos ? hmmmmmm.

u can't dictate what people can or should say in their music chief.
if your so against the use of English as a medium of communication, then why don't u start by writing all your posts in Zulu ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Yung Zulu

• Foot Soldier
  • Qhawe Lama Qhawe
    • View Profile
Holmes was never used as a deragotary term...nigga is a dif story! Anyway I dnt use holmes in my music! Communicating and music r on diff levels, here I'm talkin about music, not language as whole!

Its cool to disagree qhawe, see I aint using holmes no more..

I aint disrespecting nobody, everythin I do or say is just my own way of tryin to empower myself and my ppl as a whole, it aint just about me!

If I was just a consumer of music I knw I wud luk for artists that I can relate to in everyway, especially culturally! So I'm just making music I feel represent who I am as an African!

f*** English, try tellin Chinese that English is the language that shud be used as a medium or French..its cool to embrace other cultures, but dnt totally neglect ur own!!!

That's just my point of view
Qhawe lama Qhawe

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
The constant use of "qhawe" in your posts has deducted every amount of interest i had for your stuff.
Hood.

Yung Zulu

• Foot Soldier
  • Qhawe Lama Qhawe
    • View Profile

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Holmes was never used as a deragotary term...nigga is a dif story! Anyway I dnt use holmes in my music! Communicating and music r on diff levels, here I'm talkin about music, not language as whole!

Its cool to disagree qhawe, see I aint using holmes no more..

I aint disrespecting nobody, everythin I do or say is just my own way of tryin to empower myself and my ppl as a whole, it aint just about me!

If I was just a consumer of music I knw I wud luk for artists that I can relate to in everyway, especially culturally! So I'm just making music I feel represent who I am as an African!

f*** English, try tellin Chinese that English is the language that shud be used as a medium or French..its cool to embrace other cultures, but dnt totally neglect ur own!!!

That's just my point of view

you are not advancing any cause if what you are doing is rejecting/rebelling against one.

its one thing to feel "let me rap in Zulu coz f*** English is f***ing me up" and its another coz "f*** english"

I don't even want to get into holmes being better coz nigga is derogatory...i say get better fam.

you negate strides you have achived when talking un-thought out shit like the post i quoted...rather say "I preface this" than try an justify a bullshit stand point.

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
I say do whatever you feel you need to do. Even if you feel you are sticking to your guns/roots... I a**ure you that someone out there will totally hate your music or whatever else you represent. So it does not really matter.
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile