Africasgateway.com

Lol! Charlamagne Tha God Goes hard on Drake

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D for a good 5 minutes 8)

It's no secret that radio personality Charlamagne Tha God and Drake don't exactly see eye to eye.

In the past Charlamagne has questioned the Young Money MC's sexuality and said Drizzy acts "like an emotional 12-year old girl."

Seems like this beef is just getting started because Charlamagne is going in on Drake once again.

"I think Drake can rap. I think he's a dope rapper. I just hate when he sings and I just think personally he's a corny guy," Charlamagne told VladTV. "In that new Headlines video he looks extra corny. Drake why are you thugging now? Why are you dressed all in black? Why do you have on black gloves? Why you got a whole bunch of dudes around you dressed in black? And he had the most non-threatening goons I've seen in my life. None of them look like a threat. And then he's singing about catching bodies. 'You gon' make me catch a body like that. You gon' make somebody around me catch a body like that.' And 'don't do it cause when he go to jail we all go through it.' And 'Drizzy gon' pay it.' What you mean, you gonna pay for the bail? You gonna pay for the hit? That's not you Drake."

Charlamagne says Drake runs the risk of ending up like Ja Rule if he's not careful.

"I really think that right now he's running the risk of 'clap backing' himself. When I say 'clap backing' himself I'm talking about Ja Rule. Ja Rule was singing all those love songs, he was on a great path. Soon as he put on all black, and the war paint, and started doing push-ups in the Clap Back video that was the beginning of the end. That's what Headlines reminds me of; the Clap Back video."

Vlad reminds Charlamagne that it was 50 Cent who actually ended Ja Rule's career, but you can see where the Breakfast Club host was going with this.

"Maybe I take things too literally... when I listen to Marvin's Room, that's like a player hater's anthem to me," Charlamagne continued. "That's like the biggest sucker sh*t ever. Imagine your woman calls you 'Yo this dude just called and said f*ck you I can do better.' You would be ready to kill this motherf*cker."

http://www.thisis50.com/

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile

"I really think that right now he's running the risk of 'clap backing' himself. When I say 'clap backing' himself I'm talking about Ja Rule. Ja Rule was singing all those love songs, he was on a great path. Soon as he put on all black, and the war paint, and started doing push-ups in the Clap Back video that was the beginning of the end. That's what Headlines reminds me of; the Clap Back video."

Vlad reminds Charlamagne that it was 50 Cent who actually ended Ja Rule's career, but you can see where the Breakfast Club host was going with this.

I would agree with Charlamagne and Vlad that 50 ruined Ja's career but then, 50 ended
becoming a hypocrite. 50 began singing on tracks as well (I don't know why people haven't
noticed it, probably Game has). I would disagree with Charlamagne that Drake can't sing.
Drake does have a voice and he can act, but he has to give up rapping. He doesn't have any skills and he could've had better mentors than Jay, Wayne, and Kanye. I remember back during the "Degra**i" days when he was being interviewed, he was in the studio working
on an underground mix tape. He mentioned that Kriss Kross was one of his influences and
I though to myself that he would probably pull a Jamie Foxx.

Jamie released a CD back in '94 but people didn't take it seriously because they were so used to him as a comedian on the show "In Living Color". Later, when Jamie had his own
comedy show during the late '90s he started to reveal his musical talents on the 3rd and 4th
to the final seasons of his show. Then people started to see how talented Jaime was.

Drake could've used his rhyming skills on Degra**i to break through but that ship has sailed......
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:44:27 AM by M-Point »

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Tthat marvins room is the most simpish song I've heard this year smh

That not good enough for ya?