• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Its ok. I always appreciate a bit of SA music wherever I am. You could up more cla**ics. You got Alaska's self-titled first single?

The best kwaito track ever must be MaWillies - Gagu even though I dont understand a word he is saying. Cla**ic video.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Yeah, I got that first single from Alaska. I'm gonna start uploading more soon. It's really hard
finding Kwaito here in America so I use whatever downloads I can find. The Mawillies track "Gagu" is already on Youtube. More tracks are coming soon!

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Request of Ntokozo Malinga's "All I need" mp3 joint please!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:48:43 AM by The CHEF »

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
OK, I've just added 4 more tracks to my channel. For y'all requesting tracks, I'll try my best to find and upload
them as soon as I can (fahfee, I feel you on that Tokollo-totsi track. I had it saved on my old computer until
it crashed. I'm still searching....). More tunes to come!!!

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
Chafkop by Chafkop
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
good article M-point

The first time I understood "Kwaito" as a new, distinct genre was around the time when I heard Arthur's Amagents and Mdu that must have been '93. Before that we had afro disco which unfortunately got branded "bubblegum" music. You had artists like Spokes H, Mercy Phakela, Rebecca|(lol), etc. Anybody remember Thiza?They paved the way for Kwaito.   
Tkzee was way more refined and polished when they came out with their sound in the late nineties but it was good timing on their part. 
beatz:

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
good article M-point

The first time I understood "Kwaito" as a new, distinct genre was around the time when I heard Arthur's Amagents and Mdu that must have been '93. Before that we had afro disco which unfortunately got branded "bubblegum" music. You had artists like Spokes H, Mercy Phakela, Rebecca|(lol), etc. Anybody remember Thiza?They paved the way for Kwaito.   
Tkzee was way more refined and polished when they came out with their sound in the late nineties but it was good timing on their part.

Thank you very much for reading!!

I first thought that Kwaito was actually South African Hip-Hop when I heard it but a year later, I began to recognize the differences between SA Hip-Hop and Kwaito. Kwaito, as I mentioned in the article was a mix
of House, Township Pop, and Reggae as well as Hip-Hop. You mentioned about the "Bubblegum" days of Spokes H, Brenda Fa**ie, Rebecca, Chicco, and Freddie Gwala. As I also know, this was when Township Jazz became Township Pop. Township Jazz started to have more of a '80s New Wave, synthesizer, electro sound. 

MM Deluxe (M'du, Spikiri, and Chicco) were said to be a "Bubblegum" group but added a House music sound, therefore paving the way for Kwaito. I remember reading somewhere that M'du originally called it
"Local House Music". Later, during the early '90s, Oskido and the Kalawa (later Kalawa-Jazzmee) troop called their music "d'Gong" as it had more of a Reggae, Soul, and Funk sound. When Arthur came out
(possibly around the same time period), he coined the term "Kwaito" even though it was probably used
before him.

Then during the late '90s, the Hardcore Hip Hop sound arrived with TKZee, Chiskop, Mapaputsi, Skomplazi,
Msawawa, Mzambiya, Mshoza, etc....................then today, it goes to more Afro-Electro sound.

What I would actually like to have are the tapes from the early days of Kwaito (1988-1994). There was
LA Beat (Joe Nina and M'du), Mixmasters volume 1-9 (Oskido), and the Groove City Mixtapes (Arthur, Tim
White, Gabi LaRoux). Anyone familiar with those tapes???

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:24:55 PM by M-Point »

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I was actually surprised to see that another African-American but this dude is supposed to be a
Black supremacist, loaded his video on his views on Kwaito:

fortunately, I posted a response. I know that I should of elaborated more but it looks
like that I did it more to his comments to my video

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:29:54 PM by M-Point »

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Haha! At first I was like what in the hell are Americans doing debating Kwaito genre but this was a PROPER SONNING.
You handled your argument well and gave son an in-depth history lesson. M-Point you should receive an honorary doctorate in Kwaito studies from some university for real.
beatz:

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Just saw both these videos. M-Point set dude straight. I was taken aback by the first dude's views.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Here's an old School Kwaito mix I've been trying to make. I first started with it back in August but
spent more time with it over the weekend. I've been told that it has been a hard genre to mix but it
never hurts to try. Here's the link below:

http://www.2shared.com/audio/XCQCNVy5/M-Points_Kwaito_mix.html

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Will def check this out. Was at a friend's house this past weekend and he seems to have a large amount of Kwaito. Pity I didn't have my HDD with me.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com