Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

NEWS ON NEW album drops....(2012)...what do you got?

oints · 28 · 33810

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
aight, lets set it off the right way, with some much needed intel...if im not mistaken the forums were flooded with deabates on which albums claimed the best hiphop album of the year last year, thats a beautiful thing, it means atlast the music is vibrant enough to grab our attention and spark conversation.

with any luck 2012 will also be a year to look forward to as far as good hiphop music is concerned...

JANUARY 2012, this is what we can look forward to:

Strong Arm Steady x Statik Selektah - StereoType

Sha Stimuli
- The Calling

Necro - The Murder Murder Kill Kill EP

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

also something to look forward to in the month of january is this:

Pete & CL drop "Main ingredient DELUXE EDITION".....good music is TIMELESS...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
in the past year, alot has happened...over and above the earth quakes and tsunamis we saw a great momentum in the people's ability to choose and shape their future, its almost expected that albums and musical collaborative efforts would be sparked as a result since they encapsulate "art imitating life"...anyhow...this is what you can also look forward to....this is geared to drop in the month of FEBRUARY 2012...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
as far as music production within the HIPHOP freternity goes, many prodcuers are great at what they do, but not all of them are successful in reaching beyond their own borders and delivering their particular flavour of sound to countries and artists beyond their shores...with the exception of people like MARCO POLO, DJ HONDA, DJ MITSU, CHIEF etc...another great prodcuer that has been successful in his endeavours to reach a wider and international audience with this music is Australian born M PHAZES...he has a banger of a project lined up with veteran DJ DJ RHETTMATIC of the world famous BEAT JUNKIES...their colllab project entitield "PHAZED OUT" drops FEBRUARY 2012

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
this next post, i have to say is a great pleasure for me to put up...wHY, cos RECORD COMPANIES ARE SHADY and its not everyday that you can come across one that is both independent in its mandate and has a robust track record of reliability and consistency behind them...all my south african niccas feel what im talking upon...cos youl record companies come a dime a dozen and most of them dont make it past a year after inception...anyhow....peep

STONES THROW & MINIMAL WAVE RECORDS present : THE MINIMAL WAVE TAPES vol 2

on a more, flipside note, i would like to take this chance to propose we have a THREAD put up here on the site in dedication to TEACHING our young, old & up and coming musicians about what is knowns as "INDUSTRY ILLS"...it has come to my attention that a lot of great artists here on the continent are being taken for a ride by these so called "independent record companies"...it is really an ethical responsibility for each of us here, with whatever understanding of the music industry we may have, to empart this knowledge to our fellow brothers and sisters so as to negate the perpetual JERKING/JACKING of their intellectual property rights we see running rampant now in these mom & pop record company scene thats since emerged with the invent of the "indie record company"...im just sayin...!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
also coming up in the month of MARCH:

DJ PREMIER & BUMPY KNUCKLES - THE KOLEXION

Apollo Brown & Legendary Emcee O.C geared to drop their collab album "Trophies" also in MARCH:

Gift of Gab (of Blackalicious) also has a record he called "Logical Progression" in MARCH

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Looking forward to

Gift of Gab
Apollo Brown & Legendary Emcee O.C !!! MUSH!
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Looking forward to

Gift of Gab
Apollo Brown & Legendary Emcee O.C !!! MUSH!

YesSIR, some pretty heavy hitting albums right there....STATIK has been the flagship for his own label SHOWOFF and is doing some hella impressive collabs, recently knocked out sumin dope with Action Bronson...

and as far as APOLLO BROWN goes, i for one am glad he is getting the work in and proving himself a worthy producer, worthy of all the acolades he's been getting despite his almost negligable portfolio...as for O.C...O.C is a BEAST...youl remember JEWELZ.....CLa**IC...!

"Michigan producer Apollo Brown and veteran Diggin' In The Crates crew emcee O.C. announced that they are collaborative releasing a March 27th album. Titled Trophies, the work will be O.C.'s first album since 2009's Oasis with band-mate A.G. Brown has worked on a number of projects recently, including his instrumental release, Clouds, Daily Bread with Hasan Mackey and Gas Mask by his band, The Left.

The project, which will release on Mello Music Group, was reportedly developed in New York but fully-recorded in Apollo's studio in Detroit, Michigan. The release features 16 songs that reportedly all carry strong concepts".

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

in a recent interview, Jose Budden and Crooked I were quoted as saying that the second SLAUGHTERHOUSE album will be ready and out in APRIL 2012

the Crooked I interview:

"The West Coast emcee first discussed the possibility of getting DJ Premier involved in the project. "It's always a possibility until it's getting pressed up and printed up," said Crooked. "When we did the first Slaughterhouse album, we recorded most of it in Premier's studio, in New York. HeadQCourterz."

Crook also discussed the difference in recording the group's upcoming project as opposed to their last. "I think the difference is we have a lot more elbow room on this album, because the last album was on Koch. We were kinda placed in a box. You got a lot of elbow room to be creative, and you have a CEO that's an emcee as well. He understands where we're coming from. It's just a blessing, man."

The Slaughterhouse member also talked features without getting specific. "There's a lot of heavyweight producers on board; we'll have a few surprise features with artists out there that are staying true to the craft and are reigning on the charts. It's moreso about the sound. We don't ever grab a record and say 'This'll be a smash hit if we put this person on who's popular.' It's more about the sound, like, 'Who would sound good on this?' whether it's an underground person or a mainstream person. It's about who sounds the best and what would make the song come out the best."

"We got some joints on there [that Eminem] produced," revealed Crooked. "I don't know all that will end up making the album, but definitely he will have joints on there. He brought a couple of incredible records to the table already." Crooked wouldn't commit to other producers on the project".

Holstar

• Holstar
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-1
  • Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Duncan Sodala
Peace!

in a recent interview, Jose Budden and Crooked I were quoted as saying that the second SLAUGHTERHOUSE album will be ready and out in APRIL 2012

the Crooked I interview:

"The West Coast emcee first discussed the possibility of getting DJ Premier involved in the project. "It's always a possibility until it's getting pressed up and printed up," said Crooked. "When we did the first Slaughterhouse album, we recorded most of it in Premier's studio, in New York. HeadQCourterz."

Crook also discussed the difference in recording the group's upcoming project as opposed to their last. "I think the difference is we have a lot more elbow room on this album, because the last album was on Koch. We were kinda placed in a box. You got a lot of elbow room to be creative, and you have a CEO that's an emcee as well. He understands where we're coming from. It's just a blessing, man."

The Slaughterhouse member also talked features without getting specific. "There's a lot of heavyweight producers on board; we'll have a few surprise features with artists out there that are staying true to the craft and are reigning on the charts. It's moreso about the sound. We don't ever grab a record and say 'This'll be a smash hit if we put this person on who's popular.' It's more about the sound, like, 'Who would sound good on this?' whether it's an underground person or a mainstream person. It's about who sounds the best and what would make the song come out the best."

"We got some joints on there [that Eminem] produced," revealed Crooked. "I don't know all that will end up making the album, but definitely he will have joints on there. He brought a couple of incredible records to the table already." Crooked wouldn't commit to other producers on the project".

Looking forwards to this!

JDaDivine1

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • i am a saiyan, i get stronger with every slaying.
    • View Profile

March 26th, DMX - Undisputed

Godfathers by Kool G. Rap & Necro, date still uncornfirmed for this one though.

Anybody looking forward to these, especially the X or am I the only one?
"nobody as true as I am, the truth was the king of the jungle before the ~lion~"- Papoose

"if noah had the benefit of hindsight on his ship, he woulda snatched 2 unicorns and left behind the

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

March 26th, DMX - Undisputed

Godfathers by Kool G. Rap & Necro, date still uncornfirmed for this one though.

Anybody looking forward to these, especially the X or am I the only one?

i dont know about the DARK MAN X, but i am looking forward to that "KOOLgRAP-Necro" collab, goodlooks on the intel ma G...!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
PEACE...!

a ton of DOPE is coming out in MARCH...have a peak: