daliq · 10 · 19442

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
woop, in the buildin', what... hehe MPC ala (Midi Production Centre/ Music Production Centre & last .. Music Production Controller)

The MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio and a new MPC iPad App

Akai MPC Renaissance Hardware Features Overview:
» Fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer
» 24bit/96kHz!!
» Vintage Mode changes output sound character to MPC3000, MPC60 and more
» 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and adjustable backlit LCD screen
» Cla**ic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and MPC transport controls
» MPC SOFTWARE for Mac or PC with 64-track sequencing capability
» Two XLR-1/4″ combo inputs and dedicated turntable input
» Four-channel US B 2.0 audio interface and two-port US B 2.0 hub built in
» Up to eight pad banks – more than any other MPC ever
» Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
» Stereo 1/4″ out, stereo a**ignable mix 1/4″ out & S/PDIF I/O

Akai MPC Renaissance Software Features Overview:
» 64-track sequencing capability
» Ma**ive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the cla**ic MPC3000
» Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
» Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program or VST plug-in
» Runs standalone and as VST, AU or RTAS plug-in
» Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
» Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
» Mac and PC compatible

http://www.akaiprompc.com/

get our grubby hands on even if u on that Native Intstrument Maschine & Kontrol.. this is what was awaited... sing along

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Looks kinda small, but I am surely interested to even buy this when it lands!!!!

8)

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
it looks sleek, definetly has more functionability, but for some reason, i still prefer the MASCHINE, i guess its cos it can almost fit in my cargo pant pocket  :P:

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
it looks sleek, definetly has more functionability, but for some reason, i still prefer the MASCHINE, i guess its cos it can almost fit in my cargo pant pocket  :P:

Oints u finna get jacked, if I see u with a bulge ill on some yo "run dat mastshin son"

That not good enough for ya?

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Oints u finna get jacked, if I see u with a bulge ill on some yo "run dat mastshin son"

hehehehehehe, INSURANCE INSURANCE INSURANCE for grubby paw niccas like you Deac  ;)

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
What's the ticket on the MPC Renaissance? That Maschine is very cost effective for 600 bones, that might be my next purchase, but the MPC looks nice

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
LOL Deacon put a hit out on Oints, and now it's word on the streets. Watch your back homie!

All these machines are hot but currently beyond my budget. I am looking at picking up a AKAI MPK Mini 16. Anyone got experience with this budget piece?

beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
LOL Deacon put a hit out on Oints, and now it's word on the streets. Watch your back homie!

All these machines are hot but currently beyond my budget. I am looking at picking up a AKAI MPK Mini 16. Anyone got experience with this budget piece?

LOL, HAH!!! im like GHOSTFACE, god is my bodyguard....LOL

on the tool, im not really conversant on AKAI products, but you can check their quotes via their website www.akaipro.com or just visit GUMTREE, you can get some pretty decent price offers there....

however, for alternatives sake, i would recomend the KORG NANO SERIES, its very much affordable, if im not mistaken, you wont pay anything beyond $US60 for each device in the series...but thats an old price, it might have changed...

however, i must warn you, the NANO SERIES is cheap for a reason, its not a very durable tool kit, infact, as far as the NANO KEY goes, id recommend you pa** on that and rather get the Akai LPK25 instead

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
the Game dun changes "quicker than liquor hits the liver".. my favorite X-Rate punchline

Akai into iPhone apps, NI doin' a better product for real producers.
that MPC 5K was their card to who knows where... some peeps were on that Roland MV8000 tip when this dropped (tha RZA groundz)

er'body is more knowledged on the product. "It's funny how cats are sold on every new piece of equipment that comes out but their beats still suck" I've experienced this..

when your setups got Hardware Audio interfaces, Midi I/O's, Effects, Compressors, Eq racks .the works, I skeem that MPCR is another piece of gear..
Realms & Reality, now in the Software realm theres plugins for dayz, MAC & PC compatibles..
and u'll proally do the later mix downs & editing in your daw, be it Logic, Digital Performer , Samplitude, ProTools, Sonar, Live, FLStudio, etc , with your weapons of choice, this out of the box ish don't cut it anyhow...

A proper Audio Interface, Mad RAM and OS to match, Multicore (proper GHz) - CPU & Updated QueenBoard with High throughput FSB (Front-side BUS) speed should set u straight... if you into that respected beatz by fingers (performers) or normal programming than skoop the product mentioned above... 

Some cats hold ground to their LOGIC/ Akai MPDs & NI Battery 3 etc.. RM included. did I say Flow, yup.. workflow..
I likes my DAW.. really not into LOGIC & DP (Digital Performer), they are the professional choice though & HITS r made as I'm rekindling

AKAI MPC , I'm gonna look out for the Studio version... and All them features will only be available @ NAMM..
Trust NI to pull out that card 2.. "iSht dun changed dun", lety's get that groove back, the cycles

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
the Game dun changes "quicker than liquor hits the liver".. my favorite X-Rate punchline

Akai into iPhone apps, NI doin' a better product for real producers.
that MPC 5K was their card to who knows where... some peeps were on that Roland MV8000 tip when this dropped (tha RZA groundz)

er'body is more knowledged on the product. "It's funny how cats are sold on every new piece of equipment that comes out but their beats still suck" I've experienced this..

when your setups got Hardware Audio interfaces, Midi I/O's, Effects, Compressors, Eq racks .the works, I skeem that MPCR is another piece of gear..
Realms & Reality, now in the Software realm theres plugins for dayz, MAC & PC compatibles..
and u'll proally do the later mix downs & editing in your daw, be it Logic, Digital Performer , Samplitude, ProTools, Sonar, Live, FLStudio, etc , with your weapons of choice, this out of the box ish don't cut it anyhow...

A proper Audio Interface, Mad RAM and OS to match, Multicore (proper GHz) - CPU & Updated QueenBoard with High throughput FSB (Front-side BUS) speed should set u straight... if you into that respected beatz by fingers (performers) or normal programming than skoop the product mentioned above... 

Some cats hold ground to their LOGIC/ Akai MPDs & NI Battery 3 etc.. RM included. did I say Flow, yup.. workflow..
I likes my DAW.. really not into LOGIC & DP (Digital Performer), they are the professional choice though & HITS r made as I'm rekindling

AKAI MPC , I'm gonna look out for the Studio version... and All them features will only be available @ NAMM..
Trust NI to pull out that card 2.. "iSht dun changed dun", lety's get that groove back, the cycles

"i laugh at this kids that wanna rap & produce, they got the equipment, but lacking the juice" (c) Little Vic

i hear you big homey, the bulk of the intel you speak off, sounds more like post-production to me, true indeed, work flow is important, great output devices are also very much important, however, i would like to argue that if your a producer, your main aim is simply to carve out the best sounding groove you can and let the engineers do the rest in as far as giving the music sonic credibility...the digital world has pretty much incorporated all outboard gear into simple, easy to understand inthebox interfaces...however only with a thorough appreciation for the capabilities and workmenship behind outboard control can one be able to flex with efficiency anything Akai or Native Instruments puts in the box.

with that said, i still belive we need to learn more about engineering as producers rather than simply relegate ourselves to the role of beat maker simply because protools has made that line of work easier for us in today's world.