Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Mugabe vs. Jamaicans-Oh the deception!

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
I remember reading this 2 weeks ago, its a shame that 32 years ago Bob Marley, a spokesman as well as legendary Reggae singer of the Rastafarian movement went to perform in Zimbabwe to celebrate their independence, and 32 years later, Robert Mugabe disses not only Rastas, but Jamaicans as a whole.  This is on some Afro-hypocracy (Pot callin kettle black) type shit.

Jamaicans have been stereotyped as a bunches of lazy pot smoking Rastas, drunk and sex crazed partiers, Yardie gangsters (Rudebwoys), or conservative wannabes of the British (due to the colonial history, this stereotype is geared to those who look up to the British comonwelth). Where I live there is a big Caribbean community where I could see Jamaicans that would fit but then again, Mugabe would be shitting himself because some Jamaicans and Jamericans I know wouldn't fit this image.  It's sad that he can support Quadaffi (dictator budy) but label Afrodecendents as immoral. Here's the report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19742309

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:30:37 AM by M-Point »

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
It is so disappointing when you meet a Jamaican and they dont have dreadlocks. Such a let down!  :-[
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
It is so disappointing when you meet a Jamaican and they dont have dreadlocks. Such a let down!  :-[

I know, right?? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
And another thing regarding this article, Mugabe may run but he cannot hide from Rastas. From the celebrations of Zimbabwe's independence to the ma**ive Dancehall Reggae scene in Zimbabwe at the moment, they are a cultural aspect to society. Yes, I may think that Rastas are a tad confused (they have some weird beliefs) but I would say that Andy Brown (Zimbabwean Reggae artist) and Thomas Mpfumo (doesn't do Reggae but has dreads, does Chimmurenga music and is a vocal critic of Mugabe) has probably done more for the country than Bob ever has!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:28:56 AM by M-Point »

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Shouldnt surprise you that much MPoint.
First consider how old Mugabe is and therefore how outmoded some of his views on whats social and anti-social are. Secondly the are many ultra conservatives in Africa. Not saying his diss gets a pa** but just pointing out that we shouldnt be surprised at the old man's convictions.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Agreed. Look at how Homosexuals are treated in Africa (especially in dictator ruled countries). Most of the leaders do have the "old world" thinking from the era they were from. It's just funny but expected that a religion created during the same time he was born would be frowned upon by him even though the followers look up to him (which is still odd).  This kind of reminds me of how Hastings Banda, Malawi's first president banned Rastafarianism from his country during his 3 decade rule.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:50:10 PM by M-Point »

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
After watching this, despite the hate coming from the motherland from farts like Mugabe and xenophobes, memories like these will always bring unity  8)

Shabba Ranks in South Africa campaigning for Nelson Mandela, 1994:

Love and Respect!!