Block Kids On The New - D.I.S.R.E.S.P.E.C.T

oints · 8 · 7590

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

BLOCK KIDS ON THE NEW are two friends, based in Pretoria, South Africa - Skivvy G a.k.a Joe Nameless and Mr. Riz a.ka Rizmagik- who in the face of overwhelming odds, scepticism and disapproval from friends and family decided to chase a dream. A dream that still evokes fear, confusion and derision in traditional African society, they decided to chase hip-hop. They honed their skills by battling everywhere they could set up without being hara**ed by authority figures. Their determination in the face of all the resistance finally earned them a reputation as talented lyricists with a penchant for hard-nosed social commentary interspersed with oddball metaphors and quips that make you hit the rewind button over and over again.

The Block Kids on The New name started out as a a joke between childhood friends but soon stuck as a moniker the two would go on to use for their Self-titled Debut EP .While it is hard to pigeonhole the talented duo, one could easily describe their approach as brash, modern and lyrical. The debut EP plays to each one’s strength, mixing true school lyricism with wit and pop sensibilities. This all makes for a compelling offering that drags the listener on an exhilarating ride through the psyche of these two twisted individuals.

follow Mr Riz on Twitter: @Riz_Ventura
follow Skivvy G on Twitter: @SkivvyG

"D.I.S.R.E.S.P.E.C.T" is the first single off the eP, it drops WEDNESDAY 29/08/12

below is the single cover art, designed by Audible Braile Entertainment (Graphic Design Dept)

follow Audible Braile Entertainment on Twitter: @AudibleBraile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Peace!

DOWNLOAD "D.I.S.R.E.S.P.E.C.T" by BLOCK KIDS ON THE NEW via MUSIC OF AFRICA (Africa) HERE: http://www.everythingmoa.com/audio/user/670   8)

Same sample as KMD - What a Nigga Know???
Cool track but it really makes me want to play the cla**ic KMD tape.

beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

DOWNLOAD "D.I.S.R.E.S.P.E.C.T" by BLOCK KIDS ON THE NEW via MUSIC OF AFRICA (Africa) HERE: http://www.everythingmoa.com/audio/user/670   8)

Same sample as KMD - What a Nigga Know???
Cool track but it really makes me want to play the cla**ic KMD tape.

THATS A HUGE COMPLIMENT BRUV, shouts to DOOM...shouts to YOU, for giving the single a spin..."we reminisce over you my god"  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

The Block Kids On The New eP drops soooooon, while you wait on that, heres a look at the official eP cover art and the official tracklist: