Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

BREAK. A Hip Hop Dance theater Production, by the people for the people ...

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
My Dear Brothers and Sisters

On the 26th & 27th July, help me fill Artscape Theater with 1500 kids who can't afford going to the theater  Buy a R 60 ticket or 2 to BREAK & Break the norm that fuels the Cape Flats societal ills storm.http://online.computicket.com/web/event/break/721992887/0/53799686 email me at emileyx@gmail.com if you want us to give the tickets to kids we work with. Thanks.

I'm trying to fill the Artscape Theater for this HIP HOP DANCE THEATER production called "BREAK" with kids that can't afford to and never have attended Artscape Theater. We are asking people to buy tickets that we will give to kids that we work with from Blikkiesdorp, Khayelitsha, Lavender Hill, Lotus River, Manenberg, Mitchells Plain, Ceres, Atlantis etc ... Tickets are R 60 each. Please forward my request to others who may be able to a**ist. Link to compu-ticket to buy it online. Send us the confirmation when you have purchased the ticket. I am trying to get 150 people to a**ist us to get 10 friends to buy a ticket each for themselves or for the kids that we or they work with.

http://online.computicket.com/web/event/break/721992887/0/53799686
People from outside of South Africa have been finding it hard to buy BREAK tickets for kids from compu-ticket, so please Electronically Transfer your donation to:-
Name:- Heal the Hood Project
Bank:- Standard Bank
Branch:- Blue Route
Branch Code:- 025609
Account #:- 072055065
Swift Code:- SBZAZAJJ

B.R.E.A.K.
Bringing Revolutionary Experiences Awakening Kids

First we took them by bus to Worcester and Manenberg with "Hip Hop by Bus" and "Project Breaking", then we took them on a walk up Table Mountain, with "Up the Rock", then we took them surfing with our "Learn to Surf Day" and NOW, through "B.R.E.A.K" we will bring youth from the economically poorer areas to Artscape Theater to watch the Hip Hop Theater Production called BREAK.

I initially created the concept "Mixing it Up", a Hip Hop Dance Theater Production in the hope of creating work for dancers. Last night I asked myself the question, who will they be performing for and who will be impressed the most by seeing the young dancers in this space?

I suddenly realized that with "BREAK", I also wish to create new spectators and sense of responsibility among our global community. Most of these dancers in our production have never been exposed to Hip Hop Dance Theater before, because Hip Hop and our "streets"(economically poorer communities) are seldom able to attend the theater. We now also want to break the cycle of economic exclusion that fuels the hopelessness, violence and crime on the Cape Flats. We can do this  by asking others who can, to buy tickets for kids who can't.

Not only will "Break" be a break from the norm, break of peoples perception of what South African Hip Hop Dance is, break from stereotypes of who we are and who we have to be, but we have decided that break should also be an acronym for Bringing Revolutionary Experiences Awakening Kids. So, keeping that in mind, we are getting local and international friends and family to buy tickets and pay for transport for kids from Khayelitsha, Manenberg, Delft, Lavender Hill, Mitchells Plain, Scottsville, Bonteheuwel, Hanover Park, Hout Bay, Ocean View, Cloetesville Stellenbosch, Blikkiesdorp, etc to come and watch our creation.

We have already had purchases of tickets from the USA, Sweden, Cape Town and I have purchased 10 tickets myself to challenge others to stop complaining and take action. I ask that others also "Be the change they wish to see in the world" by buying a ticket of R60 for a kid and we can change our reality. This is not giving a man a fish, but giving them an experience they will never forget and which might change their lives forever.

"Change starts with me, my family, community, city, country, continent, world."

Love and Light to you all,
God Bless
Emile YX?