Africasgateway.com

Xzibit´s New album ´WMD´

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Got some info from Billboard mag:

Rapper Xzibit will unveil his new album, "Weapons of Ma** Destruction," Dec. 14 via Columbia. The 16-track set features guest appearances from Busta Rhymes on "Tough Guy," Strong Arm Steady on "Beware of Us" and "Crazy Ho," Keri Hilson on the single "Hey Now (Mean Muggin´)" and production from Timbaland, Battlecat, Hi-Tek and DJ Muggs, among others. "Hey Now" and album track "Muthaf***a" can be streamed from Xzibit´s official Web site, as can the "Hey Now" video, directed by Benny Boom. Clips from the album have already been peppered through recent episodes of the Xzibit-hosted "Pimp My Ride," one of the top-rated shows on MTV.

The new album will be available in a collector´s edition with a bonus DVD, featuring interviews and behind-the-scenes footage in the studio. Also included is a reel of "funniest moments" from "Pimp My Ride" and the "Hey Now" video."Weapons of Ma** Destruction" is the follow-up to 2002´s "Man vs. Machine," which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard´s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums tally and No. 3 on The Billboard 200. The set has sold 593,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Away from the mic, Xzibit will be featured alongside fellow rapper Ice Cube in the upcoming film "XXX: State of the Union," which hits U.S. theaters next April. He is also due to appear in the Jennifer Aniston-starring "Derailed," which will feature Wu-Tang Clan mastermind RZA.

Seems he´s getting in acting on the regular now.Pretty big moves for this here man.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Production from Battlecat????

- BattleKat from outrageous????? as in producer of h20´s it´s wonderful, Zubz new one and half of Joburg´s ish?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
heh,,, no, the original Battlecat from the west coast.

"DJ Battlecat is one of the West Coast´s premier rap producers in recent history. Leaving an indelible impact on Hip-Hop music, his ba**-heavy, laid-back, funky grooves have been found on Tha Eastsidaz´ "G´d Up," Snoop Dogg´s "Stacey Adams," E-40´s "Nah, Nah…," Xzibit´s "Been A Long Time" and countless others."

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah Dp, thats the right Battlecat u speak of.It would have been cool with Outrageous´ BattleKat though.Even cooler idea and collab.

But ya, Hi-Tek on there too.Should be really interesting to see and hear.

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
battlecat did some of the shit on snoops second no limit album. topp dogg. but i thot his shit wa slame, he was mainly on no limit shit then.i wonder how the sound is now.
XO.WITHTANK.COM

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I was crazy bout the No Limit and Master P vibe.He my main man.His beats were ok for the Snoop project on that one, but I think he´s moved up major now and his beats r better.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Yeah X  ain´t getting left behind.
Checked him out hosting the MTV europe music awards. Not bad at all.
he is reaching to to audiences that he otherwise wouldn´t have been exposed to.

He did a snippet from Hey Now, that lady who features has a nice presence. Wonder if they hav plans for her as well.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Hey Nat, havent heard the hey now yet, but I´m sure its all good.I would like to peep it.

Anonymous

X it´s not about the game, it´s about the way you´re making this album & it´s going to be
incredible. This shit is da bomb & I can´t wait till´ this summer. This album is going to blast my ears off so hard so i going to wait till this shit is coming out this summer right HERE,
right NOW!